Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbors barely remembered anything that happened in September. Not many responded and they couldnt remember dates very well. Doubt they remembered back another month. Also those who spoke to LE likely asked not to share info.

Not surprised LE wouldnt acknowledge seeing anything of GP's. I would not if I were there. Just asking for trouble. Question would be what you saw.
This has probably been discussed in one of the earlier threads that were so hard to keep up with, but I’m interested in why people think he committed suicide?

Suicide is the simplest answer. The simplest answer is usually the one. As stated often, BL is no mastermind criminal. Highly likely, what happened with GP was from loss of control and then he panicked. Coward rushed home. Didnt report anything to authorities or her family.

the Carlton Reserve is close by, a wilderness reserve, one he knows, he likes these walk-abouts. So he goes there and kills self. Buzzards don’t appear every time there is a death. It’s the simplest most direct answer.

Hiding out in there is difficult according to all. He could be in hiding but that would require other actions and as often noted, this is not a crime family who is familiar with these things.

Maybe. But if any neighbor witnessed all the moving activity and saw BL and his dad over 6 days or so, engaged in that activity, it is interesting that they didn't tell any reporter about it, having noticed a bike ride and lawn mowing AFTER sept 1. Either no one saw them moving stuff in, or they were asked to keep mum about it to reporters, who surely asked about it. I can't remember who it was, but someone last night posted a remark made by LE that none of GP's stuff was at the Laundries. ?????? jmo
I just found the post.........................Thread #50, page 36, post#712

Forgive me guys ❤️❤️❤️
I need help with something please.
I have read so many articles watched a ton of videos then trying to keep up with these many long threads my head is swimming lol.

I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw this so maybe you can help me.

Has anyone her posted or has seen posts pertaining to Brian owning a gun and a photo of Gabby holding a gun type item?
I cannot remember where I saw the photo that was posted of Gabby.

I love police, they’ve saved me from violent situations, and my family were police, but this is certainly an embarrassing situation however you slice and dice it. The murderer was sitting right in front of them but then quietly trotted off into the sunset without anyone following him, possibly safely escaping for ever.

MOO I do not agree that "Certainly LE would have charged them by now if they had an iota of proof that they did anything against the law."

In fact, I lean heavily toward the opposite. MOO leaving them be could be two-fold (and this is speculation):

1) Wait it out and see if any party breaks and attempts to make communication; and/or
2) They are continuing to gather evidence brick by brick, piece by piece, to ascertain if the parents knew of Gabby's death prior 9/14.

Because IMOO, if they did know prior to 9/14, the fact that the indictment was not handed down and the warrant not issued until 9/22/2021 is irrelevant to any criminal charges. It would not exonerate them IMOO. Could be wrong, but IMO people don't get away scot free with criminal conduct solely because an indictment has not been handed down yet if they did, in fact, engage in that conduct.
Docket for United States v. Laundrie, 0:21-cr-00113 - CourtListener.com

You have to remember they get one shot at this. If defense counsel could fashion an argument that they did not know and the government is not ready, this could present double jeopardy issues. MOO. Also, by waiting, the clock does not begin to run. And, since their conduct (if any) is inherently tied to BL and BL has NOT been indicted yet (or has been and it is under seal) they need to wait (MOO) for this to all come together. I do wish they could have hauled them in and rolled them. They may have gotten BL's location. But I believe (based on the above) that they have a very good reason for sitting tight. MOO. JMO. Not fact.

MOO: There might be nothing that they can criminally charge the Laundries. They have been in close contact with an attorney and appear to be doing exactly as he is advising.

Hi all, regarding BL the sightings, his appearance, behavior, clothing. IMO. I think that after 4 weeks almost of being in the wind that nothing about him is predictable or can be compared to previous. I think his 'being lost, needing to go to CA, referring to a girlfriend' could be quite calculated. Avoiding the LE for so long does take some degree of cunning. I realize now, I didn't give enough credit to this calculating behavior over the previous time period.
I agree with you. After the first body cam footage was released I had posted several times that he appeared to me to be calculated. MOO. But, since that time I now think the entire family is gifted in that dept. MOO. IMO.

Last edited:
I love police, they’ve saved me from violent situations, and my family were police, but this is certainly an embarrassing situation however you slice and dice it. The murderer was sitting right in front of them but then quietly trotted off into the sunset without anyone following him, possibly safely escaping for ever.
He was not charged as a murderer when he left. BL was free to go where he pleased at the time he left. Gabby’s body was not yet found, hecwas not yet charged with anything. He still has not been charged with her homicide

so thinking out loud and outside the box here…. Why would BL suddenly fly home to move GP things to his parents garage?

Maybe the locker was rented to GP and BL and BL wanted the items in a spot that only he had access to them.

Maybe….
1.BL wanted to have control over GP belongs so he could exert control over her? It would give him some leverage in getting her to acquiesce, ie “if you want your stuff back…”
2 BL was concerned about some contents and even though he might not have had time to find them, at least he got them away from GPs reach. Wonder if she had hard copy photos of previous beatings or kept threatening handwritten notes or drawings…?

personally, I think it was for leverage. IMO they fought more after Moab pullover, he said he was done ( no intent, just for further intimidation to gain more control) and then he flew home to really drive his point home and really scare her into submission. Moving her belongs was just another chess move in his game, before he might have announced he would give her one more chance…, then he flew back to Utah. And we know what happened next.
MOO, I think if it happened at all, it was a ruse. A ruse to force a cool down period. My gut has me wondering if the Laundries knew about Moab and forced him to take the break. And, if so, why? What were they concerned about? Or, was it just an innocent effort to cool the situation down. MOO. Thinking out loud. No fact.

I’m with you except for the vultures. He’s only been gone 20 days. Even if he killed himself on day 1, vultures may not have noticed. And in that amount of time, the gators, bugs & other creatures would have entered the picture, imo. According to the body farm researchers:
vultures can take much longer---37 days instead of 24 hours---to find a body… vultures can also pick clean, or skeletonize, a body much faster than we'd thought: it took just 5 hours instead of the expected 24.”
How Vultures Eat Human Bodies

South FL has a serious vulture prob in Everglades. Guessing similar in Carlton Reserve, but idk.
Vultures & Visitors - Everglades National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

I live in buzzard country here and there are many times these carrions miss things. An entire cow disappeared once and the stinking carcass did not attract any buzzards. Could have used them for clean up. See deer and other carcasses with no vulture activity. They are nowhere close to 100%. I would not count on them.

The neighbors barely remembered anything that happened in September. Not many responded and they couldnt remember dates very well. Doubt they remembered back another month. Also those who spoke to LE likely asked not to share info.

Not surprised LE wouldnt acknowledge seeing anything of GP's. I would not if I were there. Just asking for trouble. Question would be what you saw.

Suicide is the simplest answer. The simplest answer is usually the one. As stated often, BL is no mastermind criminal. Highly likely, what happened with GP was from loss of control and then he panicked. Coward rushed home. Didnt report anything to authorities or her family.

the Carlton Reserve is close by, a wilderness reserve, one he knows, he likes these walk-abouts. So he goes there and kills self. Buzzards don’t appear every time there is a death. It’s the simplest most direct answer.

Hiding out in there is difficult according to all. He could be in hiding but that would require other actions and as often noted, this is not a crime family who is familiar with these things.

I agree with this. It is MO as well. Both families will need to heal from what is a tragedy for everyone involved. His body may never be recovered, whatever happened between BL and GP may never be known to anyone but them and God. We will all need to come to terms with that.

Snipped by me.

And she replies "I'm sure my dad wouldn't mind picking them up for me"
The sad thing is, I don’t think BL gives two hoots about GBs dad.
imo
BL was well aware that GP was hiding the true nature of their relationship. He knew her goals and her dreams were on her #vanlife and he knew she needed him to complete it…at least until 10/31.

Who posted the vid? Official notices would be posted at appalaciantrail.org- this is the site NPS sends people to. Currently I only see alerts for shelter closures due to bear activity or covid social distancing guidelines. There is no alert regarding a fugitive at large.
Alerts & Conditions - Appalachian National Scenic Trail (U.S. National Park Service)

This is the only mention I have seen.

A.T. Conservancy

@AT_Conservancy

The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) has not received information on the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie from law enforcement officials or from our government agency partners.

9:39 AM · Sep 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/AT_Conservancy/status/1442846496592957451?s=20

MOO: There might be nothing that they can criminally charge the Laundries. They have been in close contact with an attorney and appear to be doing exactly as he is advising.
I agree although have they actually been taken to the police station for a formal interview? Even if they say nothing wouldn’t or shouldn’t that have been standard? Im from the UK so don’t fully understand US laws and I also may have missed if they were taken in, all I remember was them leaving to meet their solicitor. It would just be odd if they weren’t even interviewed about either GP and BL’s disappearance in a police station on tape. All my opinion just strange to me.

Maybe. But if any neighbor witnessed all the moving activity and saw BL and his dad over 6 days or so, engaged in that activity, it is interesting that they didn't tell any reporter about it, having noticed a bike ride and lawn mowing AFTER sept 1. Either no one saw them moving stuff in, or they were asked to keep mum about it to reporters, who surely asked about it. I can't remember who it was, but someone last night posted a remark made by LE that none of GP's stuff was at the Laundries. ?????? jmo
Moreover, the family has yet to receive any of Gabby’s belongings. Everything she owned remains in the Florida residence of the Laundrie family. The home has been searched thoroughly by state and federal officials over the past week.

Yet a North Port police spokesperson tells The Independent that he is “not certain” where Gabby’s belongings are. The NY official says he is “unaware of any items of hers from inside the home”.
Gabby Petito's Family Still Has Not Been Given Her Remains Since Being Found at Wyoming Campsite

I do believe his parents know what happened but were not aware till the parents phone calls did he fess up!
I think they called.for.legal.advice and were told to remain silent
Say nothing till they come.to arrest him!
I also think Brian left without their knowledge leaving a note.behind.

I.can't imagine being in this situation!

I had seen this but never posted about it because I never saw it on MSM. Now that we have…

MOO. I have compared this ‘gun’ to the item on top of the ‘book’ outside of the van in the Bethune video. Also have seen a gun catalog photo of said gun model. To my eye they all look exactly the same.

none of this is definitive tho. Could just as easily be a water pistol or gun that blows bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member