Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have to wonder what covid regulations BL would have needed to comply with if he flew in August. Was the CDC already asking travelers to show a negative test that was taken within three days of the flight? If the test wasn't symptom-related, I wonder if he would have needed to pay for it? Here, you can get a free test if you have symptoms, but if you don't, you have to pay for it. I would think living in a van might make it difficult to get the testing documentation he needed.
He would not need any testing

It seems that the fights were part of the general nature of their relationship.

"One minute, they'd be all over each other, the next minute, he'd be like, 'We're fighting,'" says Laundrie's friend, Ben Matula, describing their relationship when they were teenagers in Long Island, New York. "They always had some drama."
Matula, who spoke to PEOPLE exclusively for this week's issue, adds: "There was always something below the surface where things weren't 100% wonderful."

"They had times they were toxic and times where everything seemed a lot more healthy," Chen tells PEOPLE. "They had very low lows and very high highs. But they really seemed to love each other. When things were good, you'd be like, 'Why can't I have a relationship like that?' When they were bad, you'd be like 'Oh my God, just break up and spare yourself from the drama and everyone else from having to hear about it.' "

'They Always Had Some Drama': Friends Reflect on Romance Between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie

Would be interesting to know if they fought about anything in particular, or just generally as people do, especially young dysfunctional lovers too intertwined with one another fir their own good.

I just tried to reach back to my own fraught relationships in those years - the pre-home/money/children/grownup years - and I can remember the many many stresses but I can’t remember what the actual disagreements were about.

Last night the thread closed before I had a chance to respond to South Aussie’s post … here is a copy of it:

Here was my post responding to someone asking about flights BL may have taken in August…….

(Makayla) My answer about the flights was referring to BL’s possible trip back to FL in August when they were still on their trip. I doubt he would have flown since his return to FL on September 1st. I’m sure LE has checked with the airlines for any flights he made in August. I’m still uncertain of that story especially since we haven’t seen any proof of such a trip.

(South Aussie) I wonder why the FBI would have reason to check about the August flights? Gabby was not murdered until later in August. And she was seen alive, by others, after those flights.

My reply to South Aussie this morning …

(Makayla) I was referring to the possibility of BL flying home to Florida in August, of which we have no proof, and I agree I don’t think it is that important unless it tells us more about WHY he would have flown hone. Did he move GP’s belongings into storage, indicating he didn’t want her things in the Laundrie home anymore, did he move all their belongings from a storage unit into the Laundrie home to save money, had they broken up their relationship and if so, why did he return to continue the van journey with GP, or were there other reasons for him to leave GP in a SLC hotel in the middle of their van journey? It just seemed strange to me that he would have done this, and it’s not something that has been proven. If he didn’t fly back to FL in August, was he at the hotel in SLC with GP the whole time? All we know about that time period is both of them were seen leaving the hotel on August 24th. In the overall scheme of things, and given that GP was still alive at that time, it’s not critical, but I am curious whether he did fly home for awhile and why.

The fact that GP stayed at a hotel in Salt Lake City that was close to the airport could also give credence to the fact that BL flew back to Florida during that time.
As to why he flew back, I agree with those posters who are speculating that it had something to do with the Moab police stop, and that either his parents wanted him to return home or that he, himself, knew he had to return home (or both) to assess his mental health situation.

I agree that focusing on the fact neither GP nor BL went to college isn't likely to be productive. The assumption that every high school graduate should go to college doesn't make sense to me anyway. Far too many students end up with some college credits but no degree and a pile of student loan debt. Apparently GP thought about it though as she applied to Cape Fear Community College when she lived in Wilmington. But reportedly she never enrolled.

Gabby Petito once lived in Wilmington; friends share memories - WWAY TV

CFCC, like all community colleges in NC is open admissions so she would have been accepted. I guess she changed her mind.
JMO
Honestly, what difference does it make about how much college they've had or not had? There are plenty of well-educated psycho-killers out there. GP and BL had their whole lives ahead of them to study - sadly, until now. With online classes these days anyone can go back to college at any age. To me, BL's problems don't stem from lack of education, but from bad personality traits and possibly being a sociopath. JMOO

I doubt LE went through house sorry g through what was BL’s and what was GP’s. It appears as though they had specific items to search and seize. BL nor his parents are being accused for GP’s death,. So, LE isn’t going to say anything about what they saw in the house

The garage was wide open in some pics and chock full. I wonder if storage locker was emptied in there.

so thinking out loud and outside the box here…. Why would BL suddenly fly home to move GP things to his parents garage?

Maybe the locker was rented to GP and BL and BL wanted the items in a spot that only he had access to them.

Maybe….
1.BL wanted to have control over GP belongs so he could exert control over her? It would give him some leverage in getting her to acquiesce, ie “if you want your stuff back…”
2 BL was concerned about some contents and even though he might not have had time to find them, at least he got them away from GPs reach. Wonder if she had hard copy photos of previous beatings or kept threatening handwritten notes or drawings…?

personally, I think it was for leverage. IMO they fought more after Moab pullover, he said he was done ( no intent, just for further intimidation to gain more control) and then he flew home to really drive his point home and really scare her into submission. Moving her belongs was just another chess move in his game, before he might have announced he would give her one more chance…, then he flew back to Utah. And we know what happened next.

Hi all, regarding BL the sightings, his appearance, behavior, clothing. IMO. I think that after 4 weeks almost of being in the wind that nothing about him is predictable or can be compared to previous. I think his 'being lost, needing to go to CA, referring to a girlfriend' could be quite calculated. Avoiding the LE for so long does take some degree of cunning. I realize now, I didn't give enough credit to this calculating behavior over the previous time period.
Or he is decomposing in a swamp. That would change his appearance greatly.

An AT update.

The AT hikers were updated via YouTube yesterday that BL could be in the Appalachians. It included the sighting by the FL hiker at Water Mill Road near I-40. It also included multiple pictures of BL with distinguishing features highlighted and pictures of Appalachian waterfalls in pictures Gabby had posted.

So, hikers in the area of the southern AT should be well informed.
At some point in the future I was planning to hike the AT. Because of that I have read a lot of trail journals. I think some folks may be under the impression that the hikers are cut off from the rest of the world. I think most aren't. They are aware of what is happening and I am sure they also share info with other hikers.

2021 Appalachian Trail Hiking Journals : Trail Journals, Backpacking and Hiking Journals

I also have to wonder what covid regulations BL would have needed to comply with if he flew in August. Was the CDC already asking travelers to show a negative test that was taken within three days of the flight? If the test wasn't symptom-related, I wonder if he would have needed to pay for it? Here, you can get a free test if you have symptoms, but if you don't, you have to pay for it. I would think living in a van might make it difficult to get the testing documentation he needed.

I flew to FL in August and didnt have to show anything related to a covid test. Just had to wear a mask.

Still snickering, lol. Sounds like an Andy Griffith adventure. jmo Not to make fun of DD I think he saw what he saw, just not BL.
The guy in the truck could be literally any drunken guy missing his girlfriend in the middle of the night. Yes, it's a strange encounter, but not necessarily BL.

R.d964802bdd4fe975e7567845c932ef69

They usually are referred to as a lean-to.
Shelters. And that one in the photo is about as meager as there is. The style is lean-to for most but not all. Some are fancy.
The AT is quite the cushy hike, not wilderness at all, except maybe in Maine. Some hikers spend every other night in a motel. It’s generally easy to get to a Walmart. There are many hostels, people willing to give you a free ride, etc. you’re rarely out of sight of a town or major road, like an Interstate. There is easy access to water. AFAIK every shelter has a water source. Oh, and there are a gazillion hikers.
I couldn’t get over how lacking in wilderness it all was. The PCT is much more remote.

Where I grew up we called that a "run in shed". Typically found in a field for animals to get out of the weather, so same purpose as well.
These also gave a raised floor and yes if it's raining hikers flock to them and pack in so tight they would look like a sardine can if you peeled the top off and looked in.

The “sighting” was actually in Peachtree City, GA (where I live). It’s merely being discussed by some Newnan FB pages. This is purely speculative at this point.
Yikes! Hope they can verify if it’s him. I was just reading this morning that one tactic criminals on the run use to throw people off is to back track over previous routes. Especially, after making public appearances so that authorities are looking ahead while they are going the opposite direction. I still have trouble believing this dude would be walking out in a public area. If the Davis account was true BL seemed to know even an interstate highway would be risky and he would be easily tracked. If he is walking he’s super exposed and has essentially no getaway. Unless of course he’s ready to be caught…wishful thinking with fingers crossed.

This has probably been discussed in one of the earlier threads that were so hard to keep up with, but I’m interested in why people think he committed suicide?
In MOO, the abandoned vehicle with a note to tow or whatever, in a swamp area where known gators are is such an IMO obvious ploy to buy time and possibly convince people that he’s dead.
<modsnip>
The thing that made it even more unconvincing to me was the interview with the swamp expert and the lack of vultures. Brian Laundrie could never survive in Florida swamp: expert
IMO he is either on the AT or holed up in a rented/abandoned cabin or something until the news dies down. I strongly believe the swamp thing is a decoy MOO. I could be proven wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member