Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trip could make perfect sense to me. Few people can take off on extended cross country trips like BL and GP did. without some brief return to take care of some business. This may have been preplanned with the end of a storage locker lease.
LE has to know about this and can verify certain things. If they questioned parents upon missing persons report, they surely asked about any storage lockers. Flight manifests easily checked. The trip was no secret.
Also, could have flown to FL but was not at parents home. Storage story could have been an excuse . Apparently, GP's mom was wondering where all GP's stuff is, (she may now know where it is) but it appears that it is NOT at Laundries' home. If it is not or was not at Laundries' then it was not moved out of storage as claimed.... making the storage story appear to be a cover-up for the real purpose of BL's flight to FL, or absence between the 17th and 23rd. JMO

MOO. This has been and is and always be a trauma and tragedy for the Laundries. I do not believe for a second that they are carefree and fine. I’m sure they are suffering tremendously. As are GP’s families. It’s a I’ll wind that blows no one good and this one is a storm.

Initially, I was horrified and was ready to join the mob in the outcry against the Laundries. But with all the info here, I’ve come to realize that with all of the adult children I have, their break ups and coming home, I would not have ever suspected any of them killed a friend or left someone the way it appears BL did. It’s possible that the texts and emails apprising them that Gabby was missing came on the 10th , and these folks decided this was more than they can handle without advice and went to a trusted attorney.
From there, they did as told. They may not know anything Certainly LE would have charged them by now if they had an iota of proof that they did anything against the law.
BL is their son, and Im sure they are mourning him terribly in their own way. He may be dead and if not, he has a gauntlet to run for what he did. I do not condone lynch mobs. The story is not all out yet. They certainly would be advised to not go out searching for their son or doing anything to add to this circus scene. It takes away fro LE resources as the house mob is.

Trip could make perfect sense to me. Few people can take off on extended cross country trips like BL and GP did. without some brief return to take care of some business. This may have been preplanned with the end of a storage locker lease.
LE has to know about this and can verify certain things. If they questioned parents upon missing persons report, they surely asked about any storage lockers. Flight manifests easily checked. The trip was no secret.
Also, could have flown to FL but was not at parents home. Storage story could have been an excuse . Apparently, GP's mom was wondering where all GP's stuff is, (she may now know where it is) but it appears that it is NOT at Laundries' home. If it is not or was not at Laundries' then it was not moved out of storage as claimed.... making the storage story appear to be a cover-up for the real purpose of BL's flight to FL, or absence between the 17th and 23rd. JMO

I doubt LE went through house sorry g through what was BL’s and what was GP’s. It appears as though they had specific items to search and seize. BL nor his parents are being accused for GP’s death,. So, LE isn’t going to say anything about what they saw in the house

The garage was wide open in some pics and chock full. I wonder if storage locker was emptied in there.

I'm not sure what all of that means and could only guess that one person in that relationship had already started displaying some serious mental health issue.

From what we've learned over the past month is that Gabby was a basically happy girl, always smiling, always fun to be around.

On the other hand it was BL who was more of a loner, but does this mean he was a outcast? IDK. He just seemed unhealthy mentally.

JMHO

It means (imo) that they were an up-and-down couple. They loved each other and had great and happy times, then they had times when all they did was fight.

My best friend in high school was exactly the same way with her boyfriend in high school (except she was the more controlling one who tried to stop him from doing this and that).

It doesn't mean they were miserable people overall.

MOO. This has been and is and always be a trauma and tragedy for the Laundries. I do not believe for a second that they are carefree and fine. I’m sure they are suffering tremendously. As are GP’s families. It’s a I’ll wind that blows no one good and this one is a storm.

Initially, I was horrified and was ready to join the mob in the outcry against the Laundries. But with all the info here, I’ve come to realize that with all of the adult children I have, their break ups and coming home, I would not have ever suspected any of them killed a friend or left someone the way it appears BL did. It’s possible that the texts and emails apprising them that Gabby was missing came on the 10th , and these folks decided this was more than they can handle without advice and went to a trusted attorney.
From there, they did as told. They may not know anything Certainly LE would have charged them by now if they had an iota of proof that they did anything against the law.
BL is their son, and Im sure they are mourning him terribly in their own way. He may be dead and if not, he has a gauntlet to run for what he did. I do not condone lynch mobs. The story is not all out yet. They certainly would be advised to not go out searching for their son or doing anything to add to this circus scene. It takes away fro LE resources as the house mob is.
I hear what you’re saying & have considered this as well. But then I remember BL arrived home in GB’s car without her. It’s not like he flew or took a bus- or drove his own car. Even if BL told them she dumped him & stormed off, it should have raised red flags. That is simply not a credible version of events- even from son to parent. I believe they knew very early on- way before the 10th- GB was never coming back. All moo.

Besides the altercation on the street,does anyone recall, or has anyone seen an article in MSM that has any sightings , convos or interactions of GP and BL in Moab on 8/12?

IIRC they supposedly has a 6 hr stay in a coffee shop by the Moonlight Co-op. I believe this was the 12th but the manager did not see them and wondered if they were on the patio.

also, I’m on my iPhone, and can not find where these posts are assigned numbers. Help?!

I have read some confusion about GP staying in a hotel while BL allegedly flew back to FL. If I recall, there was a reference to a power outage in SLC due to the wildfires... I am wondering if they felt it was safer for her to stay in a hotel than driving around the van camping? I did a quick search and the wildfires near SLC occurred on 8/16 so that could make sense.

MOO.

I also have to wonder what covid regulations BL would have needed to comply with if he flew in August. Was the CDC already asking travelers to show a negative test that was taken within three days of the flight? If the test wasn't symptom-related, I wonder if he would have needed to pay for it? Here, you can get a free test if you have symptoms, but if you don't, you have to pay for it. I would think living in a van might make it difficult to get the testing documentation he needed.

.I’m sorry. I was trying to edit and lost my post. I was trying to reply to someone about stealing an identity from the homeless. It was hard to write and I just can’t write it again. I can’t even see now. Omg, this is the most difficult case I’ve ever worked. It hurts so deeply. I had a discussion with myself to set boundaries after triggers caused the first couple of hundred tears showed up. I turn the iPad off shortly after five o’clock and don’t pick it up again until after I wake up from sleep. It really helps to break away. The moderation on this case rocks! They know this case has addicted so many and they help us so by setting the thread on pause when we get hot or cold.

Last edited:

Well, we don't know if her things are/were at the home. That is actually one of the questions I posed yesterday (I wonder if FBI found or even saw any of GP's belongings as they executed that second warrant.) MOO

I have to believe FBI searched that unit weeks ago. This isn't their first rodeo. MOO. And, we know it was reported and linked several threads back that they obtained surveillance footage from the hotel. MOO. None of us knows if he was at the hotel or not, but I'm pretty confident that LE knows. JMO. There also seems to be some confusion on the threads with some thinking GP's stuff was moved out of the house and into storage but from what we know from the one lone article it was the opposite:

"She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit. Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit. " (Emphasis mine)

Boyfriend of missing Gabby Petito returned to Florida alone 10 DAYS before she was reported missing | Daily Mail Online

I doubt LE went through house sorry g through what was BL’s and what was GP’s. It appears as though they had specific items to search and seize. BL nor his parents are being accused for GP’s death,. So, LE isn’t going to say anything about what they saw in the house

The garage was wide open in some pics and chock full. I wonder if storage locker was emptied in there.
Maybe. But if any neighbor witnessed all the moving activity and saw BL and his dad over 6 days or so, engaged in that activity, it is interesting that they didn't tell any reporter about it, having noticed a bike ride and lawn mowing AFTER sept 1. Either no one saw them moving stuff in, or they were asked to keep mum about it to reporters, who surely asked about it. I can't remember who it was, but someone last night posted a remark made by LE that none of GP's stuff was at the Laundries. ?????? jmo

Hi all, regarding BL the sightings, his appearance, behavior, clothing. IMO. I think that after 4 weeks almost of being in the wind that nothing about him is predictable or can be compared to previous. I think his 'being lost, needing to go to CA, referring to a girlfriend' could be quite calculated. Avoiding the LE for so long does take some degree of cunning. I realize now, I didn't give enough credit to this calculating behavior over the previous time period.

In case anyone missed it:

Petito’s father posts Instagram tribute
Gabby Petito’s father, Joe, has posted a new picture of his daughter on social media Monday alongside the caption “We have to do better” and “#domesticviolenceawareness”.

“Changes are coming. Now is the time. Don’t be silent,” he added.

-----
Link: Gabby Petito: Search for Brian Laundrie continues: LIVE UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members