Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM
……."L", however, has a previous lifestyle that facilitates an ability to "submerge" into the homeless or semi homeless world more easily…….
…I just hope that he does not "re-surface" with an identity stolen from somebody in the homeless world.

I don’t recall hearing that BL had ever been homeless or semi-homeless, had slept in any homeless shelters, or had hung out with homeless or semi-homeless people, ever.

Hikers and backpackers are definitely not homeless, nor are travelers in vehicles (RVers, vacationers, vanlifers, vandwellers, nomads, and the like).

If BL tries to submerge himself into the homeless or semi-homeless world (that is, among people on foot or on bicycles who are trying to survive in cities with little or no money, sleeping on the streets or in city parks, shelters, or sometimes in broken-down vehicles), then he will be seen on a daily basis by many many people and passers-by, both homeless and non-homeless, and will undoubtedly be caught very very quickly. So I don’t think he’d try that. Nor do I think he would be hiking the AT or any other hiking trail because hikers tend to pay attention to each fellow hiker they run across and are sociable with each other.

IMO if he’s outdoors and still in the U.S., I think he’s either dead or he’s hunkering down & camping in a remote unpopulated wild area to avoid being seen at all. He wouldn’t walk around openly in the daytime among other people & just try to “blend in” hoping not to be recognized. He’d be too paranoid for that. He’s a loner. But he might come out at night to change locations or to get food & supplies, like Eric Rudolph did just before he was caught. If still in Florida, BL might have a boat and hide among the waterways & small islands.

If he is indoors, whether in an air BNB or a remote deserted cabin or a city hideaway (courtesy of someone who is helping to hide him), then he would stay put even more and would not venture out.

If he’s gotten his hands on a vehicle somehow, then he could be anywhere in the country by now. Perhaps California. He could easily remain undetected long-term just by wearing sunglasses and a hat and a covid mask. Or if he’s on a motorcycle, a helmet with a tinted visor.

But I wonder, has LE ever searched his sister CL’s house or questioned her? What if BL’s been holed up at her place this entire time? It’s been confirmed that CL met up with her parents and BL at the Fort DeSoto campground on Sept 6-7th, right? BL could have left that campground with CL in her car, then the parents could have staged the diversion a few days later involving the Mustang at the Carlton Reserve and planting a few of his items out in the swamp to make it look like he went in there & committed suicide. MOO.

The neighbors barely remembered anything that happened in September. Not many responded and they couldnt remember dates very well. Doubt they remembered back another month. Also those who spoke to LE likely asked not to share info.

Not surprised LE wouldnt acknowledge seeing anything of GP's. I would not if I were there. Just asking for trouble. Question would be what you saw.

Suicide is the simplest answer. The simplest answer is usually the one. As stated often, BL is no mastermind criminal. Highly likely, what happened with GP was from loss of control and then he panicked. Coward rushed home. Didnt report anything to authorities or her family.

the Carlton Reserve is close by, a wilderness reserve, one he knows, he likes these walk-abouts. So he goes there and kills self. Buzzards don’t appear every time there is a death. It’s the simplest most direct answer.

Hiding out in there is difficult according to all. He could be in hiding but that would require other actions and as often noted, this is not a crime family who is familiar with these things.

I agree. And for someone who loved being out in nature (as BL seemingly did) I would imagine the thought of decades in prison represented a fate worse than death. IMO he is in the Reserve, deceased by his own hand.

Moreover, the family has yet to receive any of Gabby’s belongings. Everything she owned remains in the Florida residence of the Laundrie family. The home has been searched thoroughly by state and federal officials over the past week.

Yet a North Port police spokesperson tells The Independent that he is “not certain” where Gabby’s belongings are. The NY official says he is “unaware of any items of hers from inside the home”.
Gabby Petito's Family Still Has Not Been Given Her Remains Since Being Found at Wyoming Campsite
So, not sure that ANYTHING of GP's is at the Laundrie residence.......so where is it? If her stuff was not moved out of storage and into the Laundrie home, shouldn't it still be in storage...somewhere? Maybe this has been solved quietly and her parents have recovered her stuff, but the whole storage/moving story is rather curious! jmo

I agree with this. It is MO as well. Both families will need to heal from what is a tragedy for everyone involved. His body may never be recovered, whatever happened between BL and GP may never be known to anyone but them and God. We will all need to come to terms with that.
I believe if he committed suicide, I think he waded out into a secluded swamp to do it in hopes that gators would consume his remains. MOO
I'd like to see the intense searching by the police and FBI to stop so that if he is still alive he might relax and get sloppy (and to save taxpayers' $$). Isn't that when US Marshals would get him?

See I disagree. That was IMO the most inconsequential, non-urgent matter to be attended to that would require a 7 day departure and the expense of a R/T airline ticket. Death of a beloved family member? Yes. To save 2 month's rent on the storage place by moving the stuff into the Laundrie garage instead? No, not for me. MOO though of course. This always made zero sense to me until now - until I consider that it might have been to force a cool-down separation. Again, not fact, MOO.

Around here, you have to sign the contract for a year. But as I said, there might have been other business that needed attention back home. Not unusual to have to return to take care of stuff.

but all opinion. I don’t see a whole lot of relevance to what happened to Gabby anyways because IMO, what happened was not planned. MOO it was temper and loss of control that likely happened. I simply cannot see this guy planning this out ahead of time and going through time and expense to do so. Makes no sense to me. But, possible. Any and everything is until disproven by evidence

I’m hoping BL is located soon! I feel if he is in the US there is hope for him to be brought in. If he is outside the US, I think eventually it will happen but will take much longer! I feel someone may harboring/hiding him in their home. I feel this way because it would be difficult with the reward money, LE teams, John Walsh and Dog the Bounty Hunter and the general public to escape detection. I feel he left the family camping trip with whoever is hiding him. He can survive a long time inside someone’s home and then resurface to stay hidden when the news media coverage lessens after the first of the Year.

So, not sure that ANYTHING of GP's is at the Laundrie residence.......so where is it? If her stuff was not moved out of storage and into the Laundrie home, shouldn't it still be in storage...somewhere? Maybe this has been solved quietly and her parents have recovered her stuff, but the whole storage/moving story is rather curious! jmo

The garage is chock full of stuff. Maybe someone can get a close up of what’s in that garage. There were photos and videos that showed it was completely full.

The transcript is posted in Thread 47, Post 333. [Does anyone know how I can edit this long link to relabel it as Post 333? Prior to posting it is not giving me that option that I see. Oh it did it itself! Lol]

The following question seems to relate to his final return on 9/1. But IMOO may give insight into him being pulled back home mid-trip. Just how often, if at all, do they need to protect him from himself? Because emptying a storage locker that could remain rented for 2 more months is certainly cheaper than a R/T ticket back to Florida. JMO. And, who needs 5 days to do it? MOO. This is absolutely MOO thinking out loud.

Question: So you didn’t know he came back without the …?
Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he was home, because that’s what he did when he was – actually, I don’t mean that.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47
Since that August flight to Florida was so close to the date of the police encounter, and reading that they had a history of taking "breaks", my opinion is that the storage clean-out was maybe just an excuse to get a breather from each other to cool the emotions. It also served to give Gabby time to get her work done--she seemed to be struggling with that. Overall, for whatever reasons, their lack of tolerance and their anger towards each other was rapidly progressing and they needed a break...maybe they took the advice of the Moab police officers.

I suspect GP's death was an impulsive event. BL seemed to wander around for a few days before going back to the van and driving home. He may well have told his parents that he and GP had a fight and broke up and that she flew back to New York and would sent someone to pick up the van later. That story obviously would not have held water for long. The question is when did the story begin to unravel to his family?

Another option is that he told his parents that Gabby tripped over rocks and hit her head and died. In light of the Moab incident, he was convinced the police wouldn't believe it was an accident and his parents told him to come home and they would call their lawyer. Even if this event were actually an accident, would anyone here believe that? I wouldn't.

If BL is alive, he will most likely be captured when he tries to contact his family. A guy who lives at home with mom and dad is not going to want to be completely alone for a long period.

I do not believe this for a minute, LE wouldn't spend the kind of money that this search has required just as a ruse. MOO

While I tend to agree this is a bunch of BS... Can you imagine how easy it would be to have an undercover hiking on the trails with him, watching his every move!?? It gets ya thinking...

Good Morning WS Buds! After reading through most of the postings here, and weighing out what's been reported and what LE has verified, I'm more or less waiting for the same two announcements I was waiting for yesterday - cause of death (not likely) or capture (not any time soon). I hate to be in the position of having to chew over the same cud every day. I'm waiting for the slip ups that oftentimes lead to the capture of fugitives who depend on others for their flight.

I've been a crime buff for years, seen probably thousands of accounts of murders and mayhem wrought over the course of the last couple of hundred years. Where fugitives have been caught and subsequently interviewed, I've yet to hear of the majority confessing they had all kinds of fun and would love to do it again. Well, maybe only Robert Durst with his multi-million dollar nest egg. The others got away for hours, a day, a few days, a month, before LE found them in a field somewhere covered with ant bites and begging for water. A few have made it for as many as 20, 30, 40 years, but they weren't allergic to work and were savvy at finding ways to create new identities. Without outside help, they understood how to mimic a low key existence and fly under LE's radar. Still, they lived a paranoid's life of fear; they were caught. They slipped up.

I have questions. Shortly after the slapping incident on Aug. 12th and being a thread away from being arrested and spending at least a night or two in jail, the intimation is that everything was all kiss kiss, we're fine, everything's good. I don't buy it. Had it not been for schmoozing the cops, Brian would have been in the LAST place he'd want to be. Not on the road singing in the wilderness and melding with the wide open spaces. Not going barefoot in the grass and scrambling over hill and dale. Brian was looking at four walls, iron bars and a possible domestic violence charge in a land far, far, from home. I think the experience scared the living s*** out of him.

Shortly afterward, he's calling home, unloading his recent near miss on his familial benefactors, flying back home and shifting her gear in or out of the house. They spend a few hundred on plane fare to consolidate the goods and save on locker rental? They're loaded! What's a few hundred rental bucks to them when they can spring for plane tickets at the drop of a hat? It seems to me the Laundries have no problem circling the wagons when poked in a bad way by fate or bad behavior that bites them unexpectedly on their derrieres. I believe they called him home to formulate a plan to get Gabby out of ALL of their lives once and for all. Move her stuff wherever, finish out the last leg of the Magical Mystery Tour, bring her home, then kick her out for good. After all, she almost got him ARRESTED! That's the last straw. Of course, none of this was disclosed to Gabby. Let's play pretend until she hits the front door. Then, its - hit the road.

Nothing like an argument about we're almost out of water to lead to spilling his guts about he and his family's being finished with her b***s*** and ready to pitch her out upon their arrival home. Imagine being told THAT when you're 2300 miles from home. If that doesn't qualify for a fistfight, nothing does. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face, mentally or physically. This battling couple fought it appears - to her death. And don't think Brian didn't tickle the apron strings he depends on. He called home and they prepared. The rest you know. Plan B formulated on the fly.

So, I'm waiting patiently for mistakes. When the secrets come to light, its going to be interesting how right or wrong we've all been - ultimately, all of it is going to be a lesson for young girls and boys about choosing their partners more carefully and taking their time before they commit their hearts and minds to people whose depths they've not mined.
MOO

Awesome post @TheGardener Nailed it!

I believe if he committed suicide, I think he waded out into a secluded swamp to do it in hopes that gators would consume his remains. MOO
I'd like to see the intense searching by the police and FBI to stop so that if he is still alive he might relax and get sloppy (and to save taxpayers' $$). Isn't that when US Marshals would get him?
Sandles float and sometimes backpacks.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I think he's dead in that reserve.

There's probably not a better way to avoid detection for three weeks than to have permanently succumbed to that swamp....doesn't require transpiration or money or someone to resupply your basic needs, just someone to swing by and grab the Mustang. I'm completely mystified about what really has happened -- but being in next realm strikes me as a top-tier hiding place.

I do not believe this for a minute, LE wouldn't spend the kind of money that this search has required just as a ruse. MOO

I agree. The searches of Carlton have been brutal and miserable. Not a place you’d just leave someone and have to go back in to get. The money charges are sufficient to hold him for a while until they can get the homicide case ready. No statute of limitations for murder. And they have him cold regarding ATM use

Awesome post @TheGardener Nailed it!

Thanks for this I missed this post, its an interesting point of view not sure Brian and his family are that diabolical though. Again all those 911 calls this wasn't a happy and unified household.

PS

Sorry I had an edit changed this from spot on to some of this I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member