Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this
Now I get why people are on the fence about it. This is not the emphatic message I'd expect from someone who just talked with BL, knowing he's wanted.
Davis tells the dispatcher "I'm on the highway right now," and then "I ran into Brian Lower (sp) 'just awhile ago'", then gives what he seems to think is a specific location to the dispatcher of seeing BL - 'awhile ago'. She needs more specific information but he doesn't provide any. Maybe he's in shock at having a BL sighting? Perhaps he's not appreciating the urgency of the situation? He clearly understands BL is wanted, so it's a shame he waited to call 911 until he had talked with BL, drove, pulled into a parking lot, parked, looked up BL, drove off, got on the highway, heading toward a tunnel. Where he then wasn't always audible. Even though he's "99.9% sure" it was BL. Without more info for the dispatcher - specific time, road marker, distinctive truck feature other than "newer" -- or anything else. Should the dispatcher have asked more questions? Maybe, although she did try. If he really did see BL it seems like a painfully missed opportunity to close in!
When DD got defensive about people questioning his credibility that said to me his "sighting" was based on confirmation bias after the fact more than recognition of who he was talking to in the moment. To be more credible, the 911 call would be really great evidence, which it is not.

IMO we can move on here without fear of missing an opportunity to catch BL.

Are we somewhat desperate for leads? Yes. Is this a good one? No.

JMHO

I had no intention to sleuth him. But seeing your post and realizing that some people might read it that way I went to delete it and the edit function is gone. Does the edit function automatically disappear after a few minutes?
I think the edit button does time out, but I am not sure what the timeframe is. I think you are okay.
I find the statement you bring from that article peculiar. It says to me that they didn't even go in the house when Gabby was a missing person, identify where she lived in that house to even see if she could be sitting in her room!

It's very odd that there is a missing and now dead person, but the police never identified her things in the home where she lived. VERY odd.

I don't know what's going on with Gabby's things or how much things she even had. I wonder how much stuff can a 22 year old accumulate who moved already from New York to North Carolina (right?) and then to FL to live with another family. Seems like if she had furniture, from living in NC, she would have already gotten rid of that after living two years with the Laundries. But I don't know how long people generally rent storage units for.

I can understand in general that the police don't know whose stuff is whose -- like is that frying pan over there the Laundries' or is it Gabby's? You know? But otherwise, it seems the police should have gone in that home and identified where exactly Gabby resided within the home.
The entire incident of establishing Gabby being missing is just strange. If Dad only lived three hours or so from there, why wouldn't he personally go check himself? I sure would have. So what are we missing to make this make sense? MOO!!!!
Gabby Petito’s family lawyer casts doubt on ‘incident’ with father at Laundrie’s home

10/4/21 AT 3:21 PM EDT

Hear full 911 call from man who says he spoke to Brian Laundrie along Appalachian Trail

dennis-davis-brian-laundrie.jpg

“Obviously, as a father with a daughter, I want to do everything in my power to help the family find a lock and get this man off the street,” Dennis Davis said.
appalachian-trail.jpg

The Haywood County Sheriff's Office in North Carolina on Monday released a 911 call from a man who claimed to have spoken with Brian Laundrie along the border of Tennessee and North Carolina on the Appalachian Trail.

Last edited:
If I have a suspicious encounter with anyone that has even a passing resemblance to BL, I am calling it in on the off chance that he might actually be in my area. And if they subsequently catch him nearby I am putting in my bid for that reward money.

What makes the sighting improbable to me is not that there are men who look similar to BL, or that DD didn't remember his last name correctly. It's that I find it highly unlikely that BL was able to get a nice, late model Ford F-150 truck while on the run. Still, LE should check out every lead. JMHO.
BL driving a white pick up is what I can't seem to wrap my head around. On the run for 3+ weeks by foot, by vehicle or by boat (train or plane). And when a 911 call gives out a location of possible sighting on Tenn. border, my first inclination is the white truck, did BL make the mistake that our country has been waiting for? So much suspense with BL's search. The white truck thing sent me searching internet for stolen white trucks, and what's odd is a Chevy White Avalanche was apparently stolen in Wake County, NC around 9/30 or 10/1 (date in question). All speculation, with full grain of salt, because I know cars are stolen every day just about everywhere. It's that one mistake that we are waiting for unless of course he is deceased. IMO...

I find the statement you bring from that article peculiar. It says to me that they didn't even go in the house when Gabby was a missing person, identify where she lived in that house to even see if she could be sitting in her room!

It's very odd that there is a missing and now dead person, but the police never identified her things in the home where she lived. VERY odd.

I don't know what's going on with Gabby's things or how much things she even had. I wonder how much stuff can a 22 year old accumulate who moved already from New York to North Carolina (right?) and then to FL to live with another family. Seems like if she had furniture, from living in NC, she would have already gotten rid of that after living two years with the Laundries. But I don't know how long people generally rent storage units for.

I can understand in general that the police don't know whose stuff is whose -- like is that frying pan over there the Laundries' or is it Gabby's? You know? But otherwise, it seems the police should have gone in that home and identified where exactly Gabby resided within the home.
They would not have been able to search the house without a warrant. The Laundries gave them their attorney's contact information and refused to make Brian available when police went to the home. Imo

Last edited:
I think all "sightings" "interactions" etc. MUST be called in. They must be verified by authorities or we'd take the chance of losing a possible apprehension in the event that one of these "sightings" was the real thing. I don't personally know that I believe he's in Tennessee, but I do to this day think that he's still very much alive.

Just my two cents: The DD tip could be false, mistaken, or accurate. We really don’t know. The FBI may know (if they have good reason to believe they have already narrowed in on BL.)

I do fear that dissecting DD’s tip might cause other folks to hold back on legitimate tips if they think they will be crucified by media for mispronouncing his name, etc.

Hoping LE just appropriately handles the tip - as they would any reasonable effort made by a citizen - and moves on.

jmo

Hey Everyone,
Our I.T. Director (Dave) will be taking the forum down to install our new server at 10 PM EASTERN tonight. This new server should eliminate the wait times and the forum spinning issue.
When the forum is down please come over to our live YouTube channel which is surprisingly called "Websleuths YouTube Live". We will go live at 10 pm Eastern tonight. You can join our panel, join our chat room, or just watch and listen. It is a live true crime discussion we do Monday through Thursday at 10 PM EASTERN. Click on the box below and join us for Websleuths YouTube Live!

I think they do know where he is. I think they are watching from afar and undercover cops are all over him. C’mon guys, this is the FBI leading a national manhunt. The world is watching. Think about it. They aren’t gonna be able to just drive up on him. I’ve been around hunters my entire life. They need him captured alive with Public Safety their #1 concern. Their ducks are swimming around waiting to line up in a row. Red tape is a necessary evil but it’s gotta flow. Once he’s captured, they want that warrant for Gabby’s murder ready to capitalize upon the day. They want him sitting in a courtroom full of Gabrielle’s family and friends.

I hope you're right. Every day I wake hoping there will have been news overnight that he was caught. And, for every day there is no news I can't help but think he is continuing to gain an incremental advantage. And, I agree with you. I want him alive. MOO

Hey Everyone,
Our I.T. Director (Dave) will be taking the forum down to install our new server at 10 PM EASTERN tonight. This new server should eliminate the wait times and the forum spinning issue.
When the forum is down please come over to our live YouTube channel which is surprisingly called "Websleuths YouTube Live". We will go live at 10 pm Eastern tonight. You can join our panel, join our chat room, or just watch and listen. It is a live true crime discussion we do Monday through Thursday at 10 PM EASTERN. Click on the box below and join us for Websleuths YouTube Live!
Wish there was a "love" option! I often walk away while waiting to load during busy times. :)

If BL has an F150, why is he driving along the Appalachian Trail? Did he just steal the truck immediately before this encounter?

If he has a vehicle, I would expect him to head to New York, a place with which he has some familiarity.

Hey Everyone,
Cool thanks for the heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member