Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say they needed to search that house. I said they needed to go in there to see if the missing person was in there. The police don't need a warrant if there is probable cause. Gabby's van being outside their house is probable cause to go in and see if she's in there while investigating a missing person's report. The police going in with probable cause has nothing to do with "talk to my attorney. That's my opinion and that's what I was talking about, NOT the police just going in to search stuff. But for what it is worth, they can search if given permission. But they weren't in this case. Still, they have probable cause to walk through there and see if Gabby is there in her home where her van is parked.

ETA, they also took the van, so they had to have either probable cause or a warrant for that, and the police themselves said they didn't identify any items of GP's in the house, which means they were in there looking, so that's the point of what I was talking about, actually.

Thanks.
I completely agree about probable cause----that was her van, and her most recent address. If she was missing, the police had probable cause to see if she was in the home or the camper. They would be looking for a living person, or remains or even a crime scene, as they went through the property.

They would not be able to do a forensics type search, without a warrant. But they could d0 a cursory search, like a 'well being' check, without a further warrant. JMO

Oh, I am not disagreeing that his not stating where he had last seen her is a pretty clear sign that he knew she was dead and hoping she'd never be found. But talking to the police/media at that time wasn't going to make him look any less guilty. So from his attorneys perspective, why do it and make his eventual trial harder to defend.
Yes, that's what I thought you meant. The best advice his attorney could have given him was to not say anything, even if it made him look guilty. Imo

According to Wikipedia, Palahniuck wrote Lullaby in response to his own father's murder. It would be even more disturbing, I think, if the book in any way inspired more murder. Since BL seems to have been quite a Palahniuck fan, I wonder if any of his books might provide BL with a pseudonym under which to travel, if that's what he's up to.

(BBM) Well, that's my TIL for the day... wow!!

I’m not sure why LE would contact the ATC. I went into their office once. They were snooty. That’s my ENTIRE connection to the ATC. Word easily gets around on the AT . While current events might not be popular topics, fugitives certainly are, along with weather.

I'm really curious as to how many times you've hiked the AT because that ^^^ is not at all the culture IME. The culture along the AT is more "who you were you aren't now".
The fugitive well known along the Appalachian trail

I am just at a loss now as to what to believe. I really believed the Davis sighting. However, now Dog is saying he doesn’t believe it and he has found a prior connection between BL and Davis!??? Whatttt?!

OMG and now Dr. Oz is involved! These people are vultures. Sweet Gabby wanted to be known and have lots of followers but not this kind of BS and she is dead. :mad: It breaks my heart.

I don’t think not knowing his name makes it not credible at all. Some people are not detail people. This is totally something my significant other would do. Can’t remember names at all… but DD had heard of the story obviously and pulled up the photo to verify before calling FBI.
But DD is using his occupation as an engineer to boost his credibility. He can't be a non-detail type person and be a successful engineer IMO. If there is anything to his story, the FBI will figure it out. So far, I'd say his 15 minutes of fame are wearing thin but I've been skeptical since his account hit the media.
JMO

Exactly and then looking him up he probably didn’t pay much attention to the name. Probably just his picture and first name
Do we know what prompted DD to google anything? I would assume that he would have to of been at least somewhat familiar with the case? And the rumors that BL might possibly be on the AT?

Otherwise, why would he google anything? And what would he google? "Is this weird guy I just met a wanted fugitive?"

MOO

OMG and now Dr. Oz is involved! These people are vultures. Sweet Gabby wanted to be known and have lots of followers but not this kind of BS and she is dead. :mad: It breaks my heart.

On the bright side, maybe Dr. Oz either will, or already has, spend some time discussing and educating people on how to look for/best ways to address DV.

I suppose it’s really sticking in my craw that when the Petito family was frantically trying find their missing daughter, who they assumed was safely with her fiancé, but was laying dead by a creek; the Laundry family was shoving a lawyer’s card into LEs hand and/or playing semantics.

A pox on them.
moo

I have trouble believing Dog, he says there is a prior connection and he isn't there but then says he thinks he is in the same interview, he was closing in 2 days ago on a campsite hundreds of miles away, either Brian has a helicopter or there's no sightings at all MOO

Why won't Brian turn himself in? Or why is waiting to turn himself in?

PHOTO-Brian-Laundrie-Wearing-A-Batman-T-Shirt-In-His-High-School-Yearbook-Picture.jpg

Brian Laundrie Wearing A Batman T-Shirt In His High School Yearbook Picture

Do we know what prompted DD to google anything? I would assume that he would have to of been at least somewhat familiar with the case? And the rumors that BL might possibly be on the AT?

Otherwise, why would he google anything? And what would he google? "Is this weird guy I just met a wanted fugitive?"

MOO

He wanted to see if he was right that it was BL. He wanted to confirm the resemblance.

I don't read much into DD getting BL's name wrong. In fact, if this was some kind of "fake 911 call", I would expect him to get the name right.

Unless he was being double reverse sneaky..... ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay