Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting. North Port municipal code defines "Abandoned Vehicle" as one being left on public property 5 days or longer. North Port LE ticketed the Mustang on 9/14/2021 @14:42 (2:42pm). Doesn't that mean it had to have been driven there on the 10th or before? But the Laundries claim BL didn't leave until the 13th? Either something's not right here or I'm misreading something?
- Abandonment prohibited. It shall be unlawful for any person to abandon any vehicle upon public property within the corporate limits of the City of North Port, Florida. Any vehicle which is left upon public property for a period of five days or longer shall be presumed to be abandoned.

Chapter 42 - NUISANCES | Code of the City | North Port, FL
View attachment 316168

They just clarified that on WFLA. It gets towed five days after the note is placed, not that they look at it for five days before placing note.

This is interesting. North Port municipal code defines "Abandoned Vehicle" as one being left on public property 5 days or longer. North Port LE ticketed the Mustang on 9/14/2021 @14:42 (2:42pm). Doesn't that mean it had to have been driven there on the 10th or before? But the Laundries claim BL didn't leave until the 13th? Either something's not right here or I'm misreading something?
- Abandonment prohibited. It shall be unlawful for any person to abandon any vehicle upon public property within the corporate limits of the City of North Port, Florida. Any vehicle which is left upon public property for a period of five days or longer shall be presumed to be abandoned.

View attachment 316168

IIRC-I think I heard that the initial notice is the start of that 5 day period.... discussing now as part of the WFLA Live broadcast.

Last edited:
Yes! He could run up until the moment LE approaches him and bam, it would be all over but the crying . IMO.

I think it is very hard to predict or understand what someone would do in that situation which is why it is so dangerous IMO. You can "think" your son would act one way but he may impulsively do something else under the stress.

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other on suicide, but if he did commit suicide why would it have necessarily been with a gun? He could have hung himself or OD'd? MOO
Or drowned.

In one study, suicidal drowning represented 8.9% of all suicides, and the fourth leading cause of suicidal death.

Suicidal drowning - PubMed

A lot of "influencers" have started with less of a plan than our enterprising Gabby. You never know what will go viral. That is the element that can't be planned but can lead to real income if it happens and is exploited with hard work. There are many elements to successful vlogging. There is no singular path.

The reason it is popular is because online content can be marketed for profit....maybe a little or maybe a lot.

She/they saved money, bought a travel vehicle and started an adventure. Even if she only went home with life experience, she would have many skills in vlogging that she could use in job hunting, furthering her education, etc. Many people have capitalized this skill set.

I admire her passion which is indicated to me by her willingness to not just treat their time on the road as a "vacation." She was putting in some sweat equity. What if BL had been willing to do the same?
MOO

#JusticeforGabby

Photo/video shoots may look easy but they are extremely time-consuming esp. editing.
If others cannot see that they have NEVER worked with video editing before. a 30-second clip could take days if not weeks to perfect.

I think it is very hard to predict or understand what someone would do in that situation which is why it is so dangerous IMO. You can "think" your son would act one way but he may impulsively do something else under the stress.

I agree. There's nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose.

View attachment 316168
IIRC, Overnight parking is Prohibited at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. So if it was parked Monday and still there Tuesday, the Park Ranger or Caretaker could have notified NPPD and had them come out to tag the vehicle.

I agree with you. I’ve also wondered whether the Aug 17-23 trip was motivated by mail relating to the Aug 12 “LE involved DV/Mental Health” incident that might have arrived at the Laundrie home. Aug 17 was 5 days after that incident, enough time for an Incident Report to be completed and mailed to Bl’s and GP’s mailing address in FL. Perhaps two envelopes arriving from Moab Police Dept - one addressed to BL and the other to GP - alarmed BL’s parents and they called BL demanding some answers and, after hearing BL’s version of events, insisted upon a week’s separation AND removal of GP’s stuff from their home or from shared storage.

IF that happened -- ok, if that's their mailing address - it's possible copies of the incident report went there -- then I REALLY have a plussed-up problem with the his parents' behavior when he arrived home for a second appearance just a week later, alone, and in Gabby's van.

All of the explanations that have been proffered re: his possible explanations to his family about Gabby's absence on September 1st (she wanted him to drive the van, she's with Rose, she hooked up with another guy, she went to Yosemite, she's home in New York) don't really fly anymore after his alarmed parents require them to separate for a week ...if that happened....IF. His arrival alone with her vehicle after what you described here should leave any parent with a very sick feeling in their gut.

Great summary. I think you should include other 911 calls and visits to home.
Three 911 calls 'were made from family home day Gabby was reported missing'

Btw. There is a live search for school shooter in Arlington, TX going on right now. 4 victims. Very sad.
Will do! Let me go in and add them. I tried to actually pull all of the incident reports from the video that Jossie Carbonare shared on Twitter, but the video was so fast and the documents were so blurry, I couldn't really read it :(

OMG WFLA going over comments that maybe Brian is in his parents house.

I am a frequent LE critic but I do trust that the FBI knows how to search a house!
It is possible that he could be moving back and forth I suppose but that would mean no one has been watching the house? at all? - I've wondered about that back yard fence......
JMO

It hasn't been established that either GP or BL paid for that hotel, IIRC.

I bet LE has. MOO these 2 seem to travel on a shoestring budget. (MOO) They aren't exactly using rewards points for a 6 night 7 day stay. IMO And if it ends up being disclosed that neither of them paid for this but one of the parents - on either side - then this tells me those parents knew something, maybe not everything , but something. So, either way, I actually agree with @Balthazar that it is relevant that they stayed at 100/nt hotel for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett