Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that even possible in Florida? Way back at the beginning threads, someone asked if the parents had a basement that BL could be hiding in. I remember someone posting that basements aren't possible in Florida due to the depth of the water table.
You’re correct about the basement comment.

However…I reallyyyy wanna know why they paid so much attention to that shed in the back yard during the execution of that warrant.

Is that even possible in Florida? Way back at the beginning threads, someone asked if the parents had a basement that BL could be hiding in. I remember someone posting that basements aren't possible in Florida due to the depth of the water table.

I don't know. We could check to see if Floridians build bunkers like some of the other preppers do. If they do, it's possible IMO.

Private plane out of Ft. Myers is over the park.

With activity there could be more unless the airspace is restricted.

Agreed.

While I'm sure it helps to have amassed a huge following to become a travel writer, I'm not sure if the adequate following for one's practice in order to expand to other platforms is 250,000 followers or 2.5M followers.

250,000 will get companies to sponsor and make some money or free products from the sponsor. 2.5 followers will make a lot of money to live off of.

The more follower's the more sponser's will be interested in investing the advertising space to the user/owner and the money will start coming in for every post for the advertisers.

Gabby was no where near this during her trip. It was a couple of weeks ago where I read she had achieved 4 billion views of her sm. I've never heard that # before in sm followers.

Back at the Reserve and the current activity. It's possible HRD dog(s) have picked up HR but not the actual location source. Scent can carry depending on many factors. Pinpointing the original source is a exercise in patience and skill. IMO

I recently posted the North Port Incident Report. Is that the same thing as the note left on the Mustang then? I thought they were two separate actions. Sorry.

Is that even possible in Florida? Way back at the beginning threads, someone asked if the parents had a basement that BL could be hiding in. I remember someone posting that basements aren't possible in Florida due to the depth of the water table. I did a quick Zillow search for homes for sale with a basement. There were none.
not a trap door to a basement IMO but we have attics. Also, I can't help but recall the "false" wall in a daycare that LE found - so I suppose it is possible they could have constructed something especially if they knew August 27 or 28 that they needed to cover for their son?
JMO
ETA: link to daycare story
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ids-behind-false-wall-at-daycare-found-guilty

<modsnip - off topic>
There could be a very well disguised trap door or something that he is in. They could be preppers with their storage hidden well in case of disaster...IMO
They live in Florida which is basically a swamp. There are no basements or underground bunkers. This theory has no weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Would have been great if so, but I don't believe BL went back to SLC in a healthier state, probably the opposite. I am very much on the side of "He needed a break from Gabby" and may actually have tried to self-extricate from an increasingly serious situation. He was decompensating after the LE stop in Moab, they probably couldn't stop thinking about it or talking about it. Now, one of their fairly common behaviors (spatting and getting handsy with each other) was publicly known and documented. Welcome to Utah. There's a joke that anyone from out of state who goes to Utah will be stopped by at least one LEO, for some reason, somewhere. That's when they realized "We're not in FL any more." There's no public carry of weapons in Utah, no fighting in public in Utah, no sales of liquor on Sundays in most places, and in fact, one has to register to buy alcohol, IIRC. I'm not saying that Gabby or BL wanted alcohol, I'm just saying that Utah is prim and proper, and very no-nonsense, but community oriented, about policing. It's a place where you may still get off with a warning if you're only going 10 mph over speed limit.

I think BL was freaked out by his close encounter and probably pretty angry with Gabby (who admits she slapped him first and he thinks stiff-arming her/smooshing her face is a self-defense move - apparently, so does LE).

Anyway, they go ahead and see Arches (does Gabby ever upload any pictures from that amazing place? Should have been several, it provides the photo ops of a lifetime, although perhaps the sheen was off the trip at that point). I figure they planned to stay about 3 days there and apparently go through that without incident. But the Van Life honeymoon was over. At some point, BL decides to go back to FL, Gabby tells her parents he's going for a short trip, so in theory, he had a round trip ticket. This is called a "refueling" event when a child (yes, even an adult child) goes for contact with parents when they're feeling negative feelings/depressed/out of control. It indicates an immature personality, to me. I would love to get an assessment on BL's actual mental age, but of course, we'll never know that now.

I doubt opiates or any scheduled Rx would be involved in any way. Makes no sense. And common anxiety meds could be called in by his regular doctor (assuming he had one) even to Utah.

I think he may have gone home, to reflect on whether he wanted to return. From the 17-19th, Gabby is coping by working on her Nomadic Statik upload. At any rate, as had happened so many times before (according to Gabby's friend), they made up and continued. But BL is very much on edge. I believe he remains unmedicated, that his level of agitation is gradually reach new heights. It has gone beyond anxiety and is now in possession of most of his thought processes. Gabby still thinks things can go back to normal, but BL's greatest fear is being put in jail/outed as a "bad person," and not getting to live his life in nature. I just read yesterday in some article that it was Brian who wanted the Van Life, and Gabby liked to say "Gabby Petito does not go outdoors." So she was modifying a major thing about herself in this new Van Life, and probably experiencing it as a period of growth in her life.

Meanwhile, only BL knows just how close he came to totally losing it with her; how much closer he's getting each time they fight; how without the watchful eyes of Mom and Dad, he can't quite keep himself together. He has written lifestyle "checks" that his brain can't cash. Young people constantly think they can do things that end up being completely over their head. I know I did. Travel is tough and it is a good pre-marriage exercise in compatibility. Many relationships disintegrate during travel.

I believe BL "lost it" at Spread Creek, for some probably petty reason.

Many good observations/speculations here!

As for Arches - the drawings/messages on the postcards shown in pics from CL (presented as coming from GP) refer to Arches, iirc.

One notion about that is that BL brought the unmailed postcards back for the kids, either just bc he had them/in the van, or as a way to imply she was still alive and well, given that the Arches visit was relatively recent.

Addressing these crackpot theories is the first time their coverage has gone off the rails, at least as far as I've seen. IMO.

They live in Florida which is basically a swamp. There are no basements or underground bunkers. This theory has no weight.

Or as someone else posted, false walls. IMO.

I don't know if anyone followed the murder of Alexis Sharkey but this morning U.S. Marshall's showed up at her husband's house and he shot himself in the head as they announced themselves.

This is what I would be worried about if I were the Laundries.

Yet still they don't plead with him to hand himself in. Still they don't beg him to come forward so he can tell his side of the story or confess.

Would they really rather have their son take his own life, die in a shootout with police, or be killed by a bounty hunter as opposed to hand himself in where he may face life in jail? Or, at least if it went to trial, there's a chance (no matter how small) that he could be found not guilty!? They're seemingly not willing to take this chance.

Their behaviour is so telling, and again, I can only conclude that:

A) They already know he's dead - but if so, why are they still acting this way and not talking.

B) They're SO confident that he's holed up somewhere that he'll never be found that they don't think he's at risk of death by bounty hunter or suicide by police.

The fact that they're staying silent and not pleading with him to hand himself over could mean that they know he killed Gabby, and they feel that he will 100% be found guilty and sentenced to death.

MOO

If the phone is there and has been turned off or battery ran out, how would they ever find it?
Searching for something so small in such a large area seems a bit strange. Don't know if they (feds etc) can pinpoint a phone that closely IMO
I don't know what kind of high tech gadgets they have at their disposal these days, so I'm not sure. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EVH