Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this over from the previous thread with the updated information. Since I originally posted it, @Chicago54 supplied the 911 calls and @Sprigs supplied the 9/14th statement made by SB.

I also added in the additional statement released by SB on 9/15 and added a link to the redacted missing persons report filed on 9/17 for BL. I feel like we've filled in some gaps, but I don't know how helpful it is overall, at least at the moment.

The sources cited are from Twitter-verified reporters in an attempt to ensure accuracy of the text messages. Where there wasn't a text to cover the date, I tried to use police records fill in the gap. The idea was to only use information given directly from the attorney from the Laundries or LE to keep out any potential misleading information in media reports. I just copied and pasted the message, but if someone knows how to quote messages from previous threads or direct me to the instructions - that'd be fabulous.

8/17 - BL flies to Tampa from SLC to obtain "some items and empty and close storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending road trip." (10/5 Text from SB to Jorja Roman; Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
8/23 - BL returned to SLC to rejoin GP. (Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
9/1 - BL stops at CL's home before returning to parent's home. (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/1 - License plate reader confirms the van entered the city of North Port at approximately 10:26 a.m. (Source: Search Warrant.)
9/4 - BL opens account with AT&T and purchases a new phone, which is the phone he left at home when he went on a hike on 9/14* (Note: References to the hike on 9/14 have been left as originally stated. It is also worth noting that at 2:25 p.m., SB stated he never confirmed the date the phone was purchased because he did not know the specific date, only that a phone was purchased and it was left at home. At 6:21 p.m., he'd apparently received the specific information and was able to confirm. 9/29 Text from SB Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/6 - 9/7 BL and parents check in at FDS campground. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: Cassie Laundrie confirmed she also visited the campgrounds with the family on 9/6 in an interview outside her home; Source: Brian Entin Twitter)
9/10 @ 15:58 and 18:29 (3:58 and 6:29 p.m.) - NPPD record shows two separate phone calls received for public service at Laundrie residence. Reported "problem settled." All other information redacted. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/11 - Van was located at Laundrie residence in Florida. BL's parents refused to allow BL to speak with LE and directed officers to speak with their attorney. (Source: Search Warrant.)
9/11 - Three separate 911 called placed at Laundrie family home at 1:12 p.m. (follow up/investigation), 4:38 p.m (follow up/investigation) and 8:28 p.m (agency assist). (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/13- In an amended statement, SB states BL's parents now believe he left to hike Monday, September 13, not the 14th as previously stated. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)
9/13 - SB speaks to BL. It is unclear whether he spoke to BL before or after he went hiking to know whether he would have been the last person to actually speak to BL before he essentially disappeared. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/14 - NPPD police report related to an abandoned vehicle at 6968 Reisterstown Road, which is the location of Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. (Source: Your Sun.)
9/14 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/14 - SB releases statement on behalf of Laundrie family addressing the search for GP and the "extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family." He further states the Laundrie family will be "remaining the background at this juncture and will have no further comment." (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/15- Mustang returned to Laundrie home. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: The attorney confirms this on 10/5, but this was also pointed out in a live stream by Brian Entin prior to SB's text. It was also reported by Your Sun that the parents stated they picked up the car the next day.)
9/15 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/15- SB releases statement related to "Laundrie family" and why they have not made a statement or spoken to LE. He states at the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter. (Note: First interesting point, the statement is from counsel for the "Laundrie family," but specifically addresses BL's silence. I'm curious as to what made him decide he needed to issue a more detailed statement regarding BL and not the parents. Second interesting point, this statement was released after BL was purportedly missing but before they'd actually reported it and doesn't seem to give any indication that no one knows where is. What changed between the 9/13 conversation and 9/17?) (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/16 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/16 - Brian Entin reports Laundrie residence is very quiet, beginning to think BL and parents left. Police stated again they know where BL is but won't elaborate. (Note: Obviously he wasn't in the house, but thought it was relevant to note that LE stated they knew where BL was.) (Source: Brian Entin Twitter.)
9/17 - BL's parents report BL as missing person. (Source: Your Sun; Report.)
9/17 - Police return to Laundrie home twice. (Note: Presumably one of these instances is related to BL's parents reporting him missing.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/19 - SB releases statement: "The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family." (Note: SB has been very consistent in referencing BL and his parents separately. The wording of this implies the entire Laundrie family. At this point, BL has been reported missing, so I would have expected it to say Chris and Roberta or something identifying them apart. I can only guess he phrased it this way in an attempt to garner some sympathy for ALL of his clients, even though he would have no clue whether one of them was praying for her family or not, because he was missing.)(Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/20 - SB schedules and later cancels press conference pursuant to his conversation with FBI. (Source: Shannon Clowe Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/23 - SB confirms: "The Laundrie's went to Orland to meet with their attorney." In a separate text, he clarified the attorney they met with was him. (Note: This is unrelated to BL, but I wanted to put it in to sort of show how SB refers to his clients and why I feel like the 9/19 statement about the "Laundrie family" was intended to include BL, despite having reported him missing.) (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/26 - FBI return to Laundrie residence. SB stated the FBI "requested some items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching and Brian's parents provided the FBI with what they could." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/27 - Five 911 calls made from Laundrie home 8:06 a.m., 8:28 a.m, 1:29 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 4:13 p.m., 5:10 p.m. (Note: The article was published on 9/30 and states most recent records show calls made on Monday, so I'm assuming it means Monday 9/27. It does not indicate whether police responded to the calls.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/27 - SB releases statement: "Chris and Robert Laundrie do not know where Brian is. They are concerned about Brian and hope the FBI can locate him. The speculation by the public and some in the press that the parents assisted Brian in leaving the family home or in avoiding arrest on a warrant that was issued after Brian had already been missing for several days is just wrong." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/30 - FBI return to Laundrie home to collect personal items belonging to BL to assist canines in search for Brian. (Source: Eileen Lepahmer Twitter.)
10/1 - SB states Cassie Laundrie saw her brother on 9/1 and 9/6.)
10/5 - SB confirms he only represents BL, CL (father, not sister) and RL. (Source: JB Twitter)
10/5 - SB amends original date parents last saw BL. He now states they believe he left to hike Monday, September 13. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)

Here's my revised theory given the above information:

There are really only two unaccounted-for dates, 9/12 and 9/13. I've been waiting for SB to come out and say they were mistaken about the date.

First, I can't recall when SB originally said the parents picked up the Mustang, but I remember there being confusion over when the Mustang was actually returned. However, it always struck me as odd that he went hiking on the 14th and the report of an abandoned car was filed on the 14th. If the car was parked somewhere illegally, like not in a dedicated parking space, then you would assume the vehicle would have been towed and/or received a citation, but that wasn't the case. It also doesn't make sense to assume a vehicle is abandoned after sitting there for less than a day. The abandoned car reported seemed to indicate the car had been there for longer than a day.

Second, SB said that BL and his parents went to other places on two different dates the following weekend but did not give the dates. There's a reason for that. I don't know what it is yet, but it's a big one. I think you can automatically rule out the 10th due to the police responding to the home on two separate occasions. You can rule out the 11th due to LE retrieving the van that day and asking to speak to BL but being refused.

That only leaves the 12th and the 13th. Wherever they went on those two dates is going to be key. He has confirmed all other dates, but those two dates. He left those vague and he didn't volunteer the info on where they went. When it came out they had visited the park, he was quick to say the dates they were there to make it seem like no big deal. If the places they went on the two dates after that weekend were no big deal, then why not go ahead and put that out there? Now all of a sudden they're backtracking on the actual date he went missing and it's because they're trying to get ahead of something that is going to come out at some point.

ETA: I have this feeling that BL will only be "missing" long enough for SB to determine what kind of case has been built against his client. There's not a single person, short of the interviews that Cassie has given in the last couple of days, urging BL to come forward or desperately seeking the public's help in locating him.

Second Edit - Added in 911 calls from The Sun report. If anyone has an actual list of the incidents with more details, that would be great.
Fantastic timeline.
Here is the link with the images of the redacted 911 calls. Does anyone know if they can be found intact? Also, would we need a FOIA to get ones prior to the10th and after the27th?

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen

sending signs of comfort says mom
Nichole Schmidt, Gabby’s mom, said that the family was driving behind a car with a Wyoming sticker and the letters “GBZ” on the license plate.

Gabby’s body was found in Wyoming and the letter refers to a nickname for Gabby – “gabz.”
Nancy Grace predicts what Gabby autopsy will reveal once it is finally released

eta:
Gabby's body was found '5 minutes from her & Brian's van'
I’m glad her Mom saw that, and took it as a sign and comfort from her beloved daughter. People often see such signs when grieving an untimely loss, I know I did.

About the notice left on the mustang…

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1445822443738836994

PIO Josh Taylor tells me protocol is as follows:

“If the owner cannot be located we make arrangements for removal by initiating the five-day process. After five (5) days has passed, if the vehicle is still present, an officer will have it towed.”

I essentially agree. Even if homicide at Brian's hands, I believe it is probably an act of enraged passion.

All the speculation is largely because we do not have that single action... the POI coming directly to LE.

Where would we all be if he had just turned himself in.? I know I'd be Sad, but not speculating til the end of time.
MOOO, I don't give him that benefit of doubt. He'd have to really persuade me if I was on his jury. Too much public facing information indicates this was not a one-off. Too many witness accounts of too many altercations on too many days. And, the fact that he fled (consciousness of guilt) tanks any chance he might have otherwise had at a manslaughter conviction. (Involuntary at least) MOO

Last edited:
BL room is in the front of the house the one with the window.... I believe the listing is so old BL didn't even live in that room. BL was in North Carolina the same time Gabby was living there. Even if he did the "gun" hanging on the shelf is a wooden painted gun.
It came up a while back when the news outlets were interviewing neighbors that the Laundries had moved into that house fairly recently. It had been a rental house in the neighborhood before that (perhaps one of their rental properties? MOO) Cassie Laundrie said yesterday that when they shared a house with Gabby and BL it was different house. So the bedroom photos of this property that are online would be inconsequential--even in spite of the age, IMO.

I took a few days off because life and come back to a ramped up presence at the preserve.

Any concrete info come out on why we are STILL searching here? LE and the FBI wouldn't be putting this much effort in if they didn't have a solid reason to continue doing so.

Also, anyone know anything about the drone there today? I am no expert on drones, so I have no idea what it would be used for. Thermal?

Sorry if I'm misinformed. I can't keep up with these threads.

Please tell me that this "ramped up" search has nothing to do with the L's changing the date of the disappearance. What difference could this possibly make?

Also, please tell me that the searchers didn't just find out exactly where the mustang was parked and are now searching that area. I might be misinformed, but it seems like some posts are implying that. Surely, this level of incompetence is not possible.

I actually searched for the carlton reserve on google maps and couldn't really find it. It took me to a "pinned" trailhead, or something, but I couldn't determine the boundaries of the carlton reserve. My best guess was that carlton is connected to, or part of, the larger mykatta(sp?) Park or reserve?

JMO

When I google Carlton Reserve, it looks like its part of the park? Is there someone from FL here that could clear this u?

SBM: This photo is at least several years old and was obtained from a real estate listing, IIRC. It is no indication of what BL's bedroom looked like while Gabby was living there.
I don't think anyone said it was. MOO. And, I don't think anyone can state with certainty that the office was not subsequently removed and converted back into a BR by 2021 for either GP or BL. I think we are only stating what the pictures evidence to us. That back in 2017, his room was at the back with outside access.

We all pretty much draw our opinions from our own personal experiences. Concerning the Laundrie parents not being aware of discord between this young couple...don't you believe it.
Fifty years ago my DH and I lived with my parents. We (DH and I) fought like the Hatfields and McCoys. Yelling, screaming, hollering, crying, busting up a few dispensable objects (no slugging, slapping, shoving, punching EVER). My parents ALWAYS took MY side (even when I was wrong). My dad had a solution. He'd shove a ten dollar bill under the door and say "Hey! Why don't you guys go to the movies!" LOL!
They knew EVERYTHING that went on.
So did the Laundries.
MOO

Absolutely. I have never seen an innocent person behave this way, and I can't fathom I ever well.

Everything this guy has done shows consciousness of guilt.

I agree. Consciousness of guilt. But, for me there is a huge distinction between a psychopath, serial killer and crime of passion or manslaughter. Even if there was no intent to kill...he could be feeling 100% guilt. And not in his right mind.

When I google Carlton Reserve, it looks like its part of the park? Is there someone from FL here that could clear this u?

This is for Carlton Reserve (T. Mabry Carlton, Jr. Memorial Reserve)

Find a Park | Sarasota County, FL

Map
https://www.scgov.net/home/showpublisheddocument/30004/636537024246000000

Myakka State Park borders Carlton Reserve, so they are different entities, map:
https://www.floridastateparks.org/sites/default/files/media/file/MRSP_WS_MAP_GEOREFERENCED.pdf

Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where the Mustang was ticketed is a smaller park in North Point, that connects to Carlton Reserve, and seems to right next to it on the eastern side of the Southern border of Carlton Reserve.

Last edited:
I can come up with no logical reason he would not tap his own funds on the trip back to Florida...

And even though Rose claims Brian was control freak I dont see it. I would think if you are the one always walking away...if you are the one that needs a time outs, might be because you need space to control your own emotions. Not trying to control someone else. Just my opinion of course.
While one may imagine an abusive control freak insisting on always being present with the abused person, I think abusers can sometimes control others by threatening to abandon them. Also, while stepping away to control one's own emotions may sometimes reduce violence -- abusers are classically told to cool down by taking a walk around the block -- stepping away may sometimes be part of the opposite dynamic: "You wait until I get home! You'll get it then!"

JMO

Last edited:
So does this mean Brian was in Florida the day she launched her website? What a victory for her. Standing alone. She did it. She didn’t need your help Brian. She never did. You were a tool to drive her van.

“So I’ve been building my website. I’ve been really stressed and he doesn’t really believe that I could do any of it.”
— Gabby Petito, Aug. 12

I agree. Consciousness of guilt. But, for me there is a huge distinction between a psychopath, serial killer and crime of passion or manslaughter. Even if there was no intent to kill...he could be feeling 100% guilt. And not in his right mind.
Huge difference. I think there's a tendency to turn every killer into a remorseless psychopath, who killed for pleasure.

That's rarely the case, and there's a lot of nuance there.

I continue to believe this was a crime of passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalto677