Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to consider myself welcoming to opinions other than my own.
However, as you point out, there are quite a few things about this victim and this POI that lead me to believe that BL is not so innocent.
Topmost is that BL's family did not return GP's family's phone calls. And next on the list is that they apparently retained an attorney on or around Sept. 11 and only communicated through the attorney (as is their right). But the fact that were so tight-lipped just makes me feel like they knew their son was in a lot of trouble at that point.
Next up is not reporting their son missing until 3 1/2-4 days after he disappeared - with THEIR VEHICLE. Seriously? And then retrieving the vehicle a day before they reported him missing. I'm willing to hear the other side of the story when they are able to tell it, but on the surface, this looks bad for BL. JMHO.

I truly believe Brian called his folks soon after what happened. I just don't see him as capable of being secretive on his own. I also believe, as others do, that the parents strongly enforced his coming home. if they had this lawyer friend of 20 years, back in NY, he would be the first person I would call as well.

I just think now.... lawyer, parents and BL are just so much deeper into the sh**t than they imagined they would be....
I am curious if they are going to try to unwind all this before or after BL is found.....

BL room is in the front of the house the one with the window.... I believe the listing is so old BL didn't even live in that room. BL was in North Carolina the same time Gabby was living there. Even if he did the "gun" hanging on the shelf is a wooden painted gun.

I agree that it's almost impossible the gun pictured is real.

1. Brian would have been too young to legally own a handgun when that photo was taken.
2. That manner of storage would be unsafe and likely illegal.
3. That manner of storage (hanging it on a nail) would scratch a real firearm. Metal on metal.
4. That manner of storage would make it slow and awkward to retrieve in the case of an emergency.
5. That manner of storage would leave it wide open to theft in the event of a burglary or unscrupulous visitor.
6. That manner of storage would not be tolerated by parents or grandparents of the young L kids when visiting.

Source: I'm a lifelong gun owner who has traveled extensively with firearms and had to research and comply with gun laws from multiple states. I've taken firearms self-defense training, hunter safety, concealed carry, and responsible gun ownership classes.
edit to add #6

I don’t know if it a point of discussion anymore but I know a lot of people were questioning the last photos posted to Gabby’s Instagram and wondering when they were taken. Looking at her jewelry it is my opinion they are new photos. During this trip she wore a silver necklace with a triangle camping scene charm. On August 9th, the day the Arches photos were taken, she has a new necklace. This is also her Instagram profile picture. It is a similar scene but the charm is round and the chain is short. She is also wearing both necklaces in the dash cam footage on August 12th. Both necklaces are in the photos in front of the monarch wall.

Please could someone advise if a lawyer and an attorney are one and the same? Is it just different terminology? I don't really hear 'attorney' used much here in the UK.

I ask in relation to SB, as I've seen him referenced as the Laundrie's lawyer, but then sometimes I see the term 'attorney' too but this seems to be more in reference to court cases I think?

TIA

BL room is in the front of the house the one with the window.... I believe the listing is so old BL didn't even live in that room. BL was in North Carolina the same time Gabby was living there. Even if he did the "gun" hanging on the shelf is a wooden painted gun.
No, lol. It is not. MOO. At least "was" not in 2017. Last time posting. Please look at the listing pictures (scroll down to 13 pics in the middle). Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed Go past the single pic of his bedroom to the 13 pictures in tandem.

You will see the sliding glass door blinds in his BR leading to the outdoor sunroom. You will see the room at the front - off the kitchen and den is an office.

Hello Thora, I was talking about LE possibly using a heat-detecting drone to confirm there were no other people in the Laundrie house during the search warrant. But thank you for sharing information on Gabby's drone - I didn't realize they had one themselves. My husband is getting one for Christmas!
@Alethea
Hi! Omg sorry!
Yes Gabby had a drone.
I have had my drone for years and I Love it
Great that your husband is getting one for Christmas you both are going to Love it!
❤️❤️❤️

No, lol. It os not. MOO.
Well you can believe what you want. the paint is super vivid its clear to me it's painted wood. As for the location of his room I guess Brian Entin was wrong about that. And yes, the room is connected to the backyard but it doesn't mean anything for the case since he wasn't even living in there at the time these pics were taken. MOO

Last edited:
I'm sure the abuse was definitely (and really, obviously) not a one off. But like someone said, and MOO too, is that her death may have resulted from one instance where he went to far and killed her, panicked, and here we are.

They fought and broke up but....I have yet to see evidence that there was a HISTORY of abuse. If anything, I read several articles where no one saw a history of "abuse".

Please could someone advise if a lawyer and an attorney are one and the same? Is it just different terminology? I don't really hear 'attorney' used much here in the UK.

I ask in relation to SB, as I've seen him referenced as the Laundrie's lawyer, but then sometimes I see the term 'attorney' too but this seems to be more in reference to court cases I think?

TIA
Not sure if this will help
Attorney vs Lawyer: What Are the Differences?

TIA

They are the same.

Huge difference. I think there's a tendency to turn every killer into a remorseless psychopath, who killed for pleasure.

That's rarely the case, and there's a lot of nuance there.

I continue to believe this was a crime of passion.
I don't but I continue to believe this is what his defense will be if apprehended, indicted, and tried. MOO

Bringing this over from the previous thread with the updated information. Since I originally posted it, @Chicago54 supplied the 911 calls and @Sprigs supplied the 9/14th statement made by SB.

I also added in the additional statement released by SB on 9/15 and added a link to the redacted missing persons report filed on 9/17 for BL. I feel like we've filled in some gaps, but I don't know how helpful it is overall, at least at the moment.

The sources cited are from Twitter-verified reporters in an attempt to ensure accuracy of the text messages. Where there wasn't a text to cover the date, I tried to use police records fill in the gap. The idea was to only use information given directly from the attorney from the Laundries or LE to keep out any potential misleading information in media reports. I just copied and pasted the message, but if someone knows how to quote messages from previous threads or direct me to the instructions - that'd be fabulous.

8/17 - BL flies to Tampa from SLC to obtain "some items and empty and close storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending road trip." (10/5 Text from SB to Jorja Roman; Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
8/23 - BL returned to SLC to rejoin GP. (Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
9/1 - BL stops at CL's home before returning to parent's home. (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/1 - License plate reader confirms the van entered the city of North Port at approximately 10:26 a.m. (Source: Search Warrant.)
9/4 - BL opens account with AT&T and purchases a new phone, which is the phone he left at home when he went on a hike on 9/14* (Note: References to the hike on 9/14 have been left as originally stated. It is also worth noting that at 2:25 p.m., SB stated he never confirmed the date the phone was purchased because he did not know the specific date, only that a phone was purchased and it was left at home. At 6:21 p.m., he'd apparently received the specific information and was able to confirm. 9/29 Text from SB Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/6 - 9/7 BL and parents check in at FDS campground. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: Cassie Laundrie confirmed she also visited the campgrounds with the family on 9/6 in an interview outside her home; Source: Brian Entin Twitter)
9/10 @ 15:58 and 18:29 (3:58 and 6:29 p.m.) - NPPD record shows two separate phone calls received for public service at Laundrie residence. Reported "problem settled." All other information redacted. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/11 - Van was located at Laundrie residence in Florida. BL's parents refused to allow BL to speak with LE and directed officers to speak with their attorney. (Source: Search Warrant.)
9/11 - Three separate 911 called placed at Laundrie family home at 1:12 p.m. (follow up/investigation), 4:38 p.m (follow up/investigation) and 8:28 p.m (agency assist). (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/13- In an amended statement, SB states BL's parents now believe he left to hike Monday, September 13, not the 14th as previously stated. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)
9/13 - SB speaks to BL. It is unclear whether he spoke to BL before or after he went hiking to know whether he would have been the last person to actually speak to BL before he essentially disappeared. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/14 - NPPD police report related to an abandoned vehicle at 6968 Reisterstown Road, which is the location of Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. (Source: Your Sun.)
9/14 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/14 - SB releases statement on behalf of Laundrie family addressing the search for GP and the "extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family." He further states the Laundrie family will be "remaining the background at this juncture and will have no further comment." (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/15- Mustang returned to Laundrie home. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: The attorney confirms this on 10/5, but this was also pointed out in a live stream by Brian Entin prior to SB's text. It was also reported by Your Sun that the parents stated they picked up the car the next day.)
9/15 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/15- SB releases statement related to "Laundrie family" and why they have not made a statement or spoken to LE. He states at the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter. (Note: First interesting point, the statement is from counsel for the "Laundrie family," but specifically addresses BL's silence. I'm curious as to what made him decide he needed to issue a more detailed statement regarding BL and not the parents. Second interesting point, this statement was released after BL was purportedly missing but before they'd actually reported it and doesn't seem to give any indication that no one knows where is. What changed between the 9/13 conversation and 9/17?) (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/16 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/16 - Brian Entin reports Laundrie residence is very quiet, beginning to think BL and parents left. Police stated again they know where BL is but won't elaborate. (Note: Obviously he wasn't in the house, but thought it was relevant to note that LE stated they knew where BL was.) (Source: Brian Entin Twitter.)
9/17 - BL's parents report BL as missing person. (Source: Your Sun; Report.)
9/17 - Police return to Laundrie home twice. (Note: Presumably one of these instances is related to BL's parents reporting him missing.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/19 - SB releases statement: "The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family." (Note: SB has been very consistent in referencing BL and his parents separately. The wording of this implies the entire Laundrie family. At this point, BL has been reported missing, so I would have expected it to say Chris and Roberta or something identifying them apart. I can only guess he phrased it this way in an attempt to garner some sympathy for ALL of his clients, even though he would have no clue whether one of them was praying for her family or not, because he was missing.)(Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/20 - SB schedules and later cancels press conference pursuant to his conversation with FBI. (Source: Shannon Clowe Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/23 - SB confirms: "The Laundrie's went to Orland to meet with their attorney." In a separate text, he clarified the attorney they met with was him. (Note: This is unrelated to BL, but I wanted to put it in to sort of show how SB refers to his clients and why I feel like the 9/19 statement about the "Laundrie family" was intended to include BL, despite having reported him missing.) (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/26 - FBI return to Laundrie residence. SB stated the FBI "requested some items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching and Brian's parents provided the FBI with what they could." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/27 - Five 911 calls made from Laundrie home 8:06 a.m., 8:28 a.m, 1:29 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 4:13 p.m., 5:10 p.m. (Note: The article was published on 9/30 and states most recent records show calls made on Monday, so I'm assuming it means Monday 9/27. It does not indicate whether police responded to the calls.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/27 - SB releases statement: "Chris and Robert Laundrie do not know where Brian is. They are concerned about Brian and hope the FBI can locate him. The speculation by the public and some in the press that the parents assisted Brian in leaving the family home or in avoiding arrest on a warrant that was issued after Brian had already been missing for several days is just wrong." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/30 - FBI return to Laundrie home to collect personal items belonging to BL to assist canines in search for Brian. (Source: Eileen Lepahmer Twitter.)
10/1 - SB states Cassie Laundrie saw her brother on 9/1 and 9/6.)
10/5 - SB confirms he only represents BL, CL (father, not sister) and RL. (Source: JB Twitter)
10/5 - SB amends original date parents last saw BL. He now states they believe he left to hike Monday, September 13. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)

Here's my revised theory given the above information:

There are really only two unaccounted-for dates, 9/12 and 9/13. I've been waiting for SB to come out and say they were mistaken about the date.

First, I can't recall when SB originally said the parents picked up the Mustang, but I remember there being confusion over when the Mustang was actually returned. However, it always struck me as odd that he went hiking on the 14th and the report of an abandoned car was filed on the 14th. If the car was parked somewhere illegally, like not in a dedicated parking space, then you would assume the vehicle would have been towed and/or received a citation, but that wasn't the case. It also doesn't make sense to assume a vehicle is abandoned after sitting there for less than a day. The abandoned car reported seemed to indicate the car had been there for longer than a day.

Second, SB said that BL and his parents went to other places on two different dates the following weekend but did not give the dates. There's a reason for that. I don't know what it is yet, but it's a big one. I think you can automatically rule out the 10th due to the police responding to the home on two separate occasions. You can rule out the 11th due to LE retrieving the van that day and asking to speak to BL but being refused.

That only leaves the 12th and the 13th. Wherever they went on those two dates is going to be key. He has confirmed all other dates, but those two dates. He left those vague and he didn't volunteer the info on where they went. When it came out they had visited the park, he was quick to say the dates they were there to make it seem like no big deal. If the places they went on the two dates after that weekend were no big deal, then why not go ahead and put that out there? Now all of a sudden they're backtracking on the actual date he went missing and it's because they're trying to get ahead of something that is going to come out at some point.

ETA: I have this feeling that BL will only be "missing" long enough for SB to determine what kind of case has been built against his client. There's not a single person, short of the interviews that Cassie has given in the last couple of days, urging BL to come forward or desperately seeking the public's help in locating him.

Second Edit - Added in 911 calls from The Sun report. If anyone has an actual list of the incidents with more details, that would be great.
I hadn't heard about the 911 calls on 09/10 and 09/11 coming from the Laundrie's residence. Have there been discussions of those?

Huge difference. I think there's a tendency to turn every killer into a remorseless psychopath, who killed for pleasure.

That's rarely the case, and there's a lot of nuance there.

I continue to believe this was a crime of passion.

My strong conviction as well. I am even thinking the lawyer/parents have screwed up any potential net for this kid.

I honestly believe that this lawyer is in deep doodoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member