Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No contact, means no contact. Their lawyer actually put out a statement that was very similar to that and we see how that went over. also, that wouldn't have stopped teh Petito's questions. All that would have done is confirmed they had the right phone number and opened up a floodgate of angered, accusatory texts and phone calls that teh laundries could't have answered. You saw what GP's dad, justifiably, was saying about them on the air. I wouldn't want to have a flood of that 10 times more enraged coming at me.

I replied again to you, but it went to my own post. I did want to add that after sending that minimum amount of respect, they could turn off notifications for that number. But you see, what they did is simply not done. It is not correct. It lacks dignity. A decent person would have done everything to help that mother find her daughter, because that is the right thing to do. IMO.

Last edited:
No, it would not have stopped Petito's questions, naturally. But it would have shown they were humans. Instead, we feel the way we do about them.

But how we feel about them makes no difference. The FBI doesn't care how you feel about them, the Laundries, not having ever met us don't care, and no LE action is taken based on public opinion. Listening to their lawyer is the smart thing to do.

After the parents being so quiet in the media regarding BL and GP, is it odd to anyone else that CL would be willing to go to the reserve without an attorney? Just a thought. I don't know where I'm going with it.

I too thought this all was a bit strange. At least is shows that CL is to some degree cooperating with the FBI. The silence was deafening. Whether he was helpful or not, don't know. jmo

Feds are leading it but State is still involved so State laws apply.

North Port Police Department is still investigating.

That's not how it works.

The FBI is the lead investigating body.
The killing took place on Federal land.
Wire fraud across state lines is a Federal crime.

Florida can present the Laundrie's with a bill for their services, and should, but this is a Federal case.

But how we feel about them makes no difference. The FBI doesn't care how you feel about them, the Laundries, not having ever met us don't care, and no LE action is taken based on public opinion. Listening to their lawyer is the smart thing to do.

We care how we feel about them. That's why we are posting on WS. People matter. Their feelings matter.

Lol- me too!

Yes! To identify clothes, shoes, a pack, a hammock- a photo would suffice just fine. I think for fire ring or hammock ties as well. Really curious why CL’s really there. Jmo
I was thinking maybe there were unused fire starter sticks of a certain kind, left behind maybe, and not to disturb just in the event of, but yes a photo could be taken and shown to CL back at his house.

Just capturing the Laundries’ lawyer texts to a journalist…
Jossie Carbonare WPBF25

@wpbf_jossie

·
Sep 29

Some of the Q’s we’ve all been asking re: #BrainLaundrie & his family getting a lawyer right when he got home from his cross country trip without #GabbyPetito …we now have somewhat of an answer I just learned SB has known the Laundrie family for two decades.
@WPBF25News

FD3E4EC0-3593-41B1-BE0E-FBDF56700A7A.jpeg
https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1443286635882422276?s=20

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25

@wpbf_jossie

·
52m

I asked #BrianLaundrie’s family attorney where Chris Laundrie is taking law enforcement today & if he’s answering FBI Q’s. He said he’s not on the phone with him through the process but “no questions to be answered by Chris” & he’s taking them to “places Brian was known to go”:
209245AC-2B7E-4005-B8F9-A490440B22DE.jpeg

https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1446164965069660168?s=20

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25

@wpbf_jossie

·
3h

LATEST: #BrianLaundrie’s family attorney says Brian’s father is out helping law enforcement in their search efforts today. Full response/details
@WPBF25News
226DF715-96B8-403F-8EDF-AFA6ABB428B0.jpeg

https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1446130797606359046?s=20

See lots of people have feelings about them and that is okay. Some of us feel one way and others feel another. I'm not condemning them, just their actions. We just have to agree to disagree.

People matter; everyone matters; their feelings matter, and everyone should be accorded dignity and respect; especially in a time of crisis, with a worried mother, she should be given just that minimum respect for her heart, as a mother of Gabby. When she wasn't given even that, all credibility these people had went out the window (for me) and for a lot of people on here.

In Spanish we say "Esto no se hace" It means "that is not done" This applies here IMO.

I cannot say more than this. Hope you can accept.

Okay, checking back through over a few points:

Gabby's van was found at the Laundrie's home on Sept 11th, the day her mother filed the missing person's report. So Gabby's mother filed a missing person's report, the police went to the Laundrie home and saw Gabby's van in the driveway.
The camper van was located at the home of her boyfriend's parents in North Port, Florida on the weekend of September 11, the day Gabrielle's mother reported her missing.
Gabby Petito disappearance: Van found at boyfriend's North Port family home

I can't find any information on what dates Gabby's parents called and texted the Laundries. It was most likely after August 30 and before the missing person's report was filed on September 11. IMO

I am curious to know if the van was there on the 10th when NPPD tried to do the wellness check on Gabby.

I was going to say the same thing. I'm not sure how long they lived in the house with the parents, but if my son told me that he and his long term gf had a bad breakup I wouldn't get involved in any way, especially talking to her parents, if my son told me a story that didn't involve her being in harms way. .....

Gabby's parents were desperately calling and texting that their daughter was missing

.... I stay out of my kids' relationships pretty entirely. My son has had a gf for over a year now and her number is not in my phone and I have only the vaguest idea of who her parents are.

It's hard for me to relate to this. What if there's an emergency and she needs to reach you or you need to reach her?
My mom and my friends have each others' numbers. I have Mom's friend's numbers. I have phone numbers of some of my friends' family members.
We do this in case of emergency or other reasons we may need them.
Could be anything. Car accident, natural disaster, health emergency, criminal activity, etc.
There's a million scenarios in which we would need these numbers.
Maybe I'm with a friend and God forbid something happens and I need to reach her family.
Or I need to talk to my Mom's friends because God forbid. Or because I want to throw her a surprise party.
Maybe my friend can't reach me and we had plans and it's been hours and I'm on the floor.

Etc.
MOO

No, it would not have stopped Petito's questions, naturally. But it would have shown they were humans. Instead, we feel the way we do about them.
It's sad because IMO, the GP family obviously trusted the CL family. The family of their daughters fiancee. I believe that if they did not trust this family, they would have called LE to do a welfare check there, if for nothing else, that they were not responding. It's a difficult spot deciding what to do, I know that if my daughter's fiancee family was calling for a recipe for dinner, ....i'd answer. When marriage is in the future you usually work to build a relationship with the inlaws. IMO had they answered they would not be being scrutinized so harshly. The Laundries dropped the ball IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214