Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially, he may have told his parents that he drove the van home and she flew to her parents in NY or that she was at her Dad's. It was probably common knowledge that they purchased the van together, even tough her name was on the title. I expect questions from his parents began when her parents started calling. Can't remember when G's parents started calling - but I would guess it was the day of all the 911 calls at the L's house. Some crazy was going on in the L house that day and I think one parent wanted to report to police and were convinced to sit down and shut up. JMO Disclaimer: In NO WAY do I support anything the L's have done.
Replying to my own post - this doesn't support CaL saying they didn't talk about G on the day she spent with them at the camp site "because the kids were around" - I think the 911 calls were after the camping trip, yes?

Agreed! The threads have gotten difficult in the past week because some feel CERTAIN that his parents are heavily involved and if anyone tries to start any conversations trying to potentially explain their silence, it’s mob mentality to shut it down immediately. I wish we could be more open to things that are only speculation, considering we know absolutely NOTHING about what the parents know.
Though we may not know what the Laundries’ knew/know BUT we do know what they DID. They didn’t speak to anyone from GP’s family when they called to find out where their daughter was AND they lawyered up AND they didn’t accurately say when their son left on his nature hike. At least BL’s sister was brave enough to stand outside her house in front of a screaming mob and confirm the Labor Day camping trip etc.

We need confirmation when the calls were made and to what numbers the calls were made. I assume they called correct numbers, called numerous times and left messages, but who knows?
I understand your point, but I find it highly unlikely that all the calls made by both Gabby Mom and Dad were all going to wrong numbers. I do believe they called the wrong number for CaL, but I doubt that all the rest of the calls and messages were all to wrong numbers. Possible, but not likely.

But IMO this is just the same argument as asserting that BL is innocent until proven guilty, and therefore no one on WS should speculate in any way about how/why/when he may have killed her.

Of course, no one on WS knows what actually happened. But the whole point of the forum is to try to follow clues the solve the mystery of what may have happened, and debate those. Until the facts are known, it is a mystery and intriguing and some people form very strong opinions. So what, let them.

IMO there's an element of moral outrage that this family is not cooperating with police, even though it is technically their legal right, and people are wanting to express that.

I don’t recall in any of my posts trying and convicting BL (and please correct me if I’m wrong). I want him found and I want the answers but I do not presume to know all the facts at this juncture. I also don’t recall telling anyone here on WS that theyre wrong in their thinking but merely a rebuttal on the comments that have been made to me.

We can all agree to disagree, I’m ok with that
JMO

Last edited:
I have. And from experience it's not an easy task. I felt that at times the media was baiting us by putting out information that was wrong, trying to get us to talk. The FBI are very clear about what you are not to discuss, and I mean with anyone. I was informed by our attorney that federal cases are expensive to defend, and keeping my mouth shut was my best option in terms of keeping what I had. CaL coming out to speak at all was a huge risk, so I would keep that in the back of your mind when you're deciding how truthful she was with the protestors.
I have always believed CaL (thank you for this) knows nothing substantial, if only for the reason that- it doesn't make any sense for him to have told her anything she needed to lie about. Killers that run home to mommy don't go around telling people they don't have to about it.

"No activity" being spotted right now per JB. I just spent 5 minutes watching a parked red truck. :rolleyes:
Lol- me too!
Wouldn't they have that evidence down at police headquarters? Why drag them through a possible crime scene?
Yes! To identify clothes, shoes, a pack, a hammock- a photo would suffice just fine. I think for fire ring or hammock ties as well. Really curious why CL’s really there. Jmo

Now that you say that, I can’t 100% say. I thought they did see him get in the red truck & he just pulled over a minute ago & I’d think if it wasn’t him, they would have noticed. But idk.
The only pics I saw were of the truck being followed but didn't actually see if CL actually got in the truck. I was thinking maybe they did some sort of diversion so the could bring BL out without a media circus ensuing.

I mean I get that he’s sick of the media…totally get that. But like why would he speed & pull over like that & be super dramatic when he knows he’s going home & knows that whether the media follows him or not, they’re going to go back to his house. Doesn’t seem like a need for all that…JMO.

So CL is now back from his field trip. I’m so intrigued as to the purpose of it. Did he go to specifically identify something? I don’t believe he was taken along to “point out trails BL liked to use” - he coulda done that on a map!

I agree. But IMO some response was required. Even if it was simply - “We cannot talk to you about this. We don’t understand what has happened. Please kindly speak to our (fabulous :0) attorney until we know more. God bless you all and Gabby.”

just something to show they are human beings respecting other human beings.

NOTE: * fabulous* is tongue in cheek for my own amusement. I would not think they would say that.

Though we may not know what the Laundries’ knew/know BUT we do know what they DID. They didn’t speak to anyone from GP’s family when they called to find out where their daughter was AND they lawyered up AND they didn’t accurately say when their son left on his nature hike. At least BL’s sister was brave enough to stand outside her house in front of a screaming mob and confirm the Labor Day camping trip etc.
Agreed, but I do think it is a real possibility that Brian made up a lie until 9/10 when Gabby’s parents started reaching out. Honestly, if either parent had even a FEELING that Brian was involved in her disappearance, it would be time to lawyer up.
Personally, it’s hard for me to characterize that silence towards GP’s family without knowing what they knew and when.

I agree. But IMO some response was required. Even if it was simply - “We cannot talk to you about this. We don’t understand what has happened. Please kindly speak to our (fabulous :0) attorney until we know more. God bless you all and Gabby.”

just something to show they are human beings respecting other human beings.

No contact, means no contact. Their lawyer actually put out a statement that was very similar to that and we see how that went over. also, that wouldn't have stopped teh Petito's questions. All that would have done is confirmed they had the right phone number and opened up a floodgate of angered, accusatory texts and phone calls that teh laundries could't have answered. You saw what GP's dad, justifiably, was saying about them on the air. I wouldn't want to have a flood of that 10 times more enraged coming at me.

If there was anyone sleeping in that van, it would have been Gabby. That van is not big enough to fit both with the way they had it configured. This is a really small van.

I would imagine both were taking their footwear off if they were sitting in the back of the van, but again, this is a small vehicle. Even Gabby couldn't sit upright in that van as shown in pictures of her in the back.

If Gabby was about cleanliness should would clean off her shoes and bring them inside, not thrown them out on the ground. That's a guy thing, but BL liked being barefooted so he brought in dirt with dirty feet.

JMO
After just wrapping up a similar trip in June, isn't it entirely possible that they met up with folks at the campground (there are nearly ALWAYS interesting folks in these places that very VERY much love to hang out, just saying!) MOO from recent experience...Gabby might be the more social person and had folks (or even planned friends) at their tent spot, around a campfire, until the wee hours of the morning. (Time is different, seriously, when crossing time zones, kind of disappears as a thing).

Brian, maybe not so fond of social chitchat, went back to the van to sleep and thought she might join him later or not...not an unusual dynamic really, since they had done this before...and can be great fun.

And well, maybe then, after that, when he wakes up the next day is when the horrors begin? Maybe? MOO!!!

If her boyfriend’s parents had called you a week after she got home, said they hadn’t spoken to him in 10+ days, and were so worried they were going to call the police, you’d have called them back though, yes?

If I had said, "hey, whats this text all about?' and then she fell apart and spilled her guts? No, I would not have called them back. I would have called an attorney, and then I would have been looking up countries that don't extradite to the US. IMO Anyone who would say they would then march their child to the nearest LE is lying to themselves.

I mean I get that he’s sick of the media…totally get that. But like why would he speed & pull over like that & be super dramatic when he knows he’s going home & knows that whether the media follows him or not, they’re going to go back to his house. Doesn’t seem like a need for all that…JMO.

I was thinking maybe he was on the phone? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member