Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, this is what I've been thinking. While "in no world" would LE ask the parent to join in a search, there may be other reasons to do this. Ostensibly, it's to have CL assist in the search. Alternatively, it's a way to separate the parents. Totally with you on this! Get one of them talking. Maybe CL signaled something via the lawyer that he was willing to talk. I think this would be a great way to do it. Kind of non-traditional, but maybe a way to tread lightly and not upset the proverbial cart.

KWIM?
Maybe it’s not to aid in the search but to make an identification?
Or maybe CL disrupted the soil on his 4-5 private search on 9/13/21.

I just find the timing of Chris finally getting out there to help find Brian a little odd...Cassie speaks out finally, clearly there's a divide in the family, now all of a sudden Chris is going to help.

Just...odd.

JMO
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The dad is not offering any real help to LE in the "search". If LE is just using dad to point out places BL liked to go in the past, LE would simply have pulled out a map of the park and let dad point it out on the map.

This is an LE strategy to separate the dad from the mother and spend some time with him. Build some rapport. Hope he slips up and says something useful. An outdoors interrogation, if you will. It's actually a pretty good tactic to get to dad and it worked.

JMO

Maybe they are really wanting to see their Grandchildren.
I would imagine that - if they were close with their grandchildren before all of this - the grandkids would be a big point of leverage against BL’s parents. & if Cassie has said, they won’t ever see their grandkids again unless they start cooperating…that could have done something. JMO.

I think if they would have found remains, they would have come to the house & told BL’s parents immediately. That wouldn’t be able to stay hush hush for too long & the FBI wouldn’t want them finding out from the media. All JMO.

Pure speculation here, but I think they might have found a camp of some kind - or remnants of one. Or maybe something they think might be BL’s but need the dad to come look at what they found. Idk all speculation & JMO, but I don’t think there’s remains.

If that were the case, wouldn't a photo of the campsite (for ex) taken to his parents to identify or comment on suffice? Hauling a father who hasn't said two words about ANY of this to a 25,000 acre reserve is a very sudden development.

I watched Brian Entin's video a few times to try and figure out what was in the bag the dad was carrying. It looked like something that was obviously heavy enough to weigh the bottom of the bag (so, not a change of clothes) and something that looked like it could have been the leg of a tripod or similar. I wish I knew but hopefully we get some word today of SOME progress. Fingers crossed.

Looks more like a golf cart than tractor now that I’m on scene.

https://twitter.com/mikerreports
What would you do with a tractor anyway that you couldn’t do with one of those ditchwitch-digger-puller-lifty-thingies?
Maybe there’s a huge rock in front of a cave?

Later: Oh, I get it. They needed a John Deere Gator. So appropos.

Last edited:
If that were the case, wouldn't a photo of the campsite (for ex) taken to his parents to identify or comment on suffice? Hauling a father who hasn't said two words about ANY of this to a 25,000 acre reserve is a very sudden development.

I watched Brian Entin's video a few times to try and figure out what was in the bag the dad was carrying. It looked like something that was obviously heavy enough to weigh the bottom of the bag (so, not a change of clothes) and something that looked like it could have been the leg of a tripod or similar. I wish I knew but hopefully we get some word today of SOME progress. Fingers crossed.

Could be the mail he dropped off.

Melons...

MOO

I have to admit this whole time I thought he's been dead for weeks but I can't imagine they would do all of this without credible signs of life.
And if they think he's dead it would be awfully cruel (no matter what you think of the Ls) to get his dad out there without preparing him. And I'm not thinking a guy leaving home with lunch in a plastic bag and making a stop at the post office is knowingly going to be asked to identify probable/possible remains already discovered.

You don't think they would put these resources into a recovery just to put this whole thing to bed? I know the State of Florida and local LE probably doesn't have an interest in saving the Feds money in terms of trial, appeal, prison, etc. But maybe the FBI does? But I have a very limited understanding of you would foot the bill for those various pieces.

I don't, I don't think it's really a LE issue if he's dead. It's a SAR issue then.

I have followed so many missing persons cases where LE searched woodland for a few days or weeks and the person's remains was found a year or two later by hunters. They try their best but if there's no tips or leads or credible information, it's truly finding a needle in a haystack.

See, this is what I've been thinking. While "in no world" would LE ask the parent to join in a search, there may be other reasons to do this. Ostensibly, it's to have CL assist in the search. Alternatively, it's a way to separate the parents. Totally with you on this! Get one of them talking. Maybe CL signaled something via the lawyer that he was willing to talk. I think this would be a great way to do it. Kind of non-traditional, but maybe a way to tread lightly and not upset the proverbial cart.

KWIM?
Maybe it’s not to aid in the search but to make an identification?
Or maybe CL disrupted the soil on his 4-5 private search on 9/13/21.

Latest from Bertolino: “Chris Laundrie is assisting Law Enforcement today in the search for Brian. Chris was asked to point out any favorite trails or spots that Brian may have used in the preserve. Although Chris and Roberta Laundrie provided this information verbally 3 weeks ago it is now thought that on-site assistance may be better. The preserve has been closed to the public and the Laundries as well but the parents have been cooperating since the search began.”

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1446128626106208270

SB text to Michael Ruiz - so to be clear: Someone asked, but it could be anyone. Maybe an FBI liaison, which you may have never even heard of. I know of FBI liaisons, but you may not know of liaisons. They're great, the greatest liaisons in the world, to my knowledge. I can't say with any specificity what their name is, I'm not sure it's worth my time to know what their name is. Also, it's privileged.
So is SB suggesting that an employee of NPPD that is their FBI liaison is the one that he’s been in contact with? Why would he not be in direct contact with the FBI? I confuse. Haha! Then when confronted that NPPD said they didn’t say that, he stuck to his guns? Saying well it could have been the FBI liaison? Did I get all that right? Lol. This attorney makes my head hurt haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member