Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police hunting Gabby Petito's boyfriend Brian Laundrie find 'fresh campsite' in Carlton Reserve | Daily Mail Online

A former FBI agent with more than 25 years in the field also claimed Laundrie is secretly contacting his parents through their family attorney and that he will be found alive - just not soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The above statement came out of a article in DM. I myself have wondered about this being a possibility. But is a lawyer allowed to be a go between like this with a fugitive? jmo

Excerpt:

Former FBI Agent Dr. Bryanna Fox told us the participation from the parents is unusual. 8 On Your Side’s Mahsa Saeidi asked her why law enforcement would bring them to the scene.

“One is if they think that there’s something there that is very difficult to move, to have him identify it as perhaps being Brian Laundrie’s,” Dr. Fox explained. “It could be something like a tent or the manner in which he arranged his campsite.”

But more likely, Fox said, authorities may want to get the family alone and, over the course of a few hours, form a connection that could prove fruitful.

Brian Laundrie's dad helping law enforcement search for son

How would you feel about the Laundries if they had held a press conference after Gabby went missing and personally announced fear for their future daughter-in-law's well being and assured LE they would do everything to assist them in locating the dear girl who had resided with them for 2 years? If they said, they understood the Petito's fear and grief as they too were suffering with the absence of someone their family had grown to know and love?
They would have been able to maintain silence about the facts of the case, but still manage to appear pained, human, compassionate and willing to help.
They did NOT do this and it was their lawyer's fault. A better lawyer would have instructed them to show their humanity, but remain within the bounds. He's done his client's and this case a great disservice.
MOO

I keep going back to the fact that so far, there is no evidence her card was involved unless someone here knows the last four digits. The indictment doesn't name the owner, which is, well, interesting to me. Is this typical? MOO!
I wonder if it could be a card that belonged to one of her parents, something to use for an emergency. I do think most likely it was her card and was probably considered community property between the two of them, although technically he can be charged with stealing since it was only in her name.

Brian Laundrie: Police say no campsite was found at the nature reserve during search

upload_2021-10-7_18-46-34.png
North Port Police say investigators did not find a campsite in the sprawling nature reserve that has been the focus of the search for Brian Laundrie, the missing fiancé of Gabby Petito.

Police spokesperson Josh Taylor's confirmation that there was no campsite comes after a source close to the Laundrie family told CNN's Chris Cuomo that they had been informed by investigators that police had made a discovery in Florida's Carlton Reserve.

The source on Thursday insisted that the Laundrie family had been told a campsite had been found.

"Is it possible that they thought that there might be a campsite out there or something they may have seen from the air but when they got on the ground that's not what it turned out to be? Sure, I think that's a possibility," Taylor said. "Bottom line, is that investigators are telling me that no campsite was found out there."

Also on Thursday, Laundrie's father, Chris Laundrie, visited the reserve, a 24,565-acre wilderness near Laundrie's family home, for several hours to help in the search, family attorney Steven Bertolino told CNN. The father showed police the trails and locations where he and Laundrie have hiked and frequented, Bertolino said.

"There were no discoveries but the effort was helpful to all," Bertolino said. "It seems the water in the Preserve is receding and certain areas are more accessible to search. The entire Laundrie family is grateful for the hard work of the dedicated members of law enforcement that have been searching the Preserve for Brian over the last few weeks. Hopefully Brian will be located soon."

It is well established BL didn't withdrawn the money with her knowledge then gave her the card back.

BL has been charged with bank-card fraud. A federal grand jury indictment states he withdrew or spent more than $1,000 using a Capitol One card after Gabby Petito went missing. Which is well documented here on WS.

This all true except it is when Gabby was confirmed dead. That's how the fraud indictment a rose to charge him.

I wonder if it could be a card that belonged to one of her parents, something to use for an emergency. I do think most likely it was her card and was probably considered community property between the two of them, although technically he can be charged with stealing since it was only in her name.
Gabbys parents lawyer said on DR Phil ‘he used her card’

I think taking the father into the woods could simply be a strategy to unnerve the couple, and possibly "shake something loose."
Good point. In terms of what they might shake loose, in addition to all the other suggestions that have been made, I wonder if the FBI senses that there might be some daylight between ChL and RL in terms of their approaches to their son's disappearance.

JMO

Another day. .. No Bri. This is now longer than the Siege of Lucknow.

Brian , assuming he is alive, must have some of the tweakiest technology going stuffed into his backpack, working at optimum energy to keep ahead and in front of ( what some claim to be ) the Worlds Best Criminal Chasing Org , with all their electronics.. Otherwise, we are all looking at a miracle.

I would like to know when the cheesy habit of not answering the phone began at the Laundrie homestead.. has it always been that way?>. the grocer rings.. your organic melons are in.. no answering. the dairy rings.. your low cal keto almond milk is in.. no answer.... or did this entire process, including the sister begin at the moment Brian rang with his hideous news about his own antisocial behaviour, now having descended into the realms of real capital crime?

And exactly when the lawyer was retained for this purpose, the deflection of all things Petito from the Laundrie's... This would tell us when Brian decided to carefully and smoothly drive a stolen van, with a stolen bankcard clear across country, all the time hoping the body of his former girfriend,, ( or Feeoncay, as Brian was strong on Gabby announcing this, to anyone, in Brian's hearing, it must have meant a lot to him) would not be found by any strolling passerby.

Did he leave for home immediately, or did he hang about to see if Gabby might resurrect herself?..

How would you feel about the Laundries if they had held a press conference after Gabby went missing and personally announced fear for their future daughter-in-law's well being and assured LE they would do everything to assist them in locating the dear girl who had resided with them for 2 years? If they said, they understood the Petito's fear and grief as they too were suffering with the absence of someone their family had grown to know and love?
They would have been able to maintain silence about the facts of the case, but still manage to appear pained, human, compassionate and willing to help.
They did NOT do this and it was their lawyer's fault. A better lawyer would have instructed them to show their humanity, but remain within the bounds. He's done his client's and this case a great disservice.
MOO
That wouldn't have helped them unless they were giving BL's version of events. IME, they would've been demonized anyway just for producing the suspected killer. No way out of it.

WS Friends,
We have been at this for weeks. It has been a whirlwind of a case, and the ups and downs just keep coming at us. I can sense that tensions have been building through out the day in the thread. Don’t forget the reason you are here to begin with. It is about justice for Gabby, and at this time that includes finding Brian.

We can have these discussions without personalizing responses toward other posters, and without trashing individuals that are not named POI’s. Posts engaging in this fashion do not advance the conversation toward justice or finding Brian.

If you need a break, take a break. If you are frustrated with where we are and what we don’t know, don’t take it out on fellow posters.

Thread is open..

Tiff, you deserve a medal.

Citizen Request and Work Order Management Solution | SeeClickFix

Other:
Protesters again using there bullhorn this is ridiculous! Please shut them up and take that horn! Please for the safety of the laundries post a officer there 24/7 they aren't criminals they haven't been charged this is irritating and unacceptable!
————————————————————————————-
Other:
Hi, as a home owner of a Condo at 5800 Sabal Trace Drive-Linkside 1 Condominiums. Please could I bring to your attention the fact that the latest 2021 update of Google Maps has renamed our small access private road (address - 5800 Sabal Trace Drive) PANORAMA LANE!

How this has happened is a mystery? The correct Panorama Lane has existed since around 1985 and is located a half mile along Greenwood Avenue at the Fairway Villa Condominiums. It is actually not noted and is grayed out on Google Maps, but from the Google Street view camera car the street sign-Panorama Lane can just be seen from Greenwood Ave.

it is only Google Maps that have made this change, looking at other web Map providers, Apple Maps, USPS, Zillow etc all show Panorama Lane as located correctly in Fairway Villas just off Niblick Place.

No doubt, this could cause problems if people wish to locate Panorama Lane via Google Map directions!
Also, the City must use Google Maps to highlight any current and future road closures for remedial work etc. I noticed on the latest public notification regarding the closure of North Port Boulevard on Tuesday March 9th, that the picture highlighting the Temporary Road Closure shows on the left- Panorama Lane on Linkside 1 Condominiums??

I have tried to notify Google Maps directly, pointing out the incorrect naming of this location, but they appear unwilling to correct this mistake.
Perhaps the City could approach Google Maps and have this incorrect street(Lane)name removed from our home location to avoid any future confusion.
North Port, FL - Report potholes, graffiti, street light out, and other community issues.
eta: I was trying to respond to a member asking about when CL turned on Panorama Lane. I’ve lost the post but I can also reply here:
Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie: Police say no campsite was found at the nature reserve during search

View attachment 316372
North Port Police say investigators did not find a campsite in the sprawling nature reserve that has been the focus of the search for Brian Laundrie, the missing fiancé of Gabby Petito.

Police spokesperson Josh Taylor's confirmation that there was no campsite comes after a source close to the Laundrie family told CNN's Chris Cuomo that they had been informed by investigators that police had made a discovery in Florida's Carlton Reserve.

The source on Thursday insisted that the Laundrie family had been told a campsite had been found.

"Is it possible that they thought that there might be a campsite out there or something they may have seen from the air but when they got on the ground that's not what it turned out to be? Sure, I think that's a possibility," Taylor said. "Bottom line, is that investigators are telling me that no campsite was found out there."

Also on Thursday, Laundrie's father, Chris Laundrie, visited the reserve, a 24,565-acre wilderness near Laundrie's family home, for several hours to help in the search, family attorney Steven Bertolino told CNN. The father showed police the trails and locations where he and Laundrie have hiked and frequented, Bertolino said.

"There were no discoveries but the effort was helpful to all," Bertolino said. "It seems the water in the Preserve is receding and certain areas are more accessible to search. The entire Laundrie family is grateful for the hard work of the dedicated members of law enforcement that have been searching the Preserve for Brian over the last few weeks. Hopefully Brian will be located soon."
Lawyer is in the process of "rehabilitating" his clients.

View attachment 316372

"Is it possible that they thought that there might be a campsite out there or something they may have seen from the air but when they got on the ground that's not what it turned out to be? Sure, I think that's a possibility," Taylor said. "Bottom line, is that investigators are telling me that no campsite was found out there.

Huh??!

IIRC - The Petitos attorney said on the second part of the Dr Phil show said that it was Gabbys account. I cant for the life of me remember the exact wording.

I don’t think they realized something was wrong till the calls started coming. Abs then the cops! All on the 10th
I believe he told them they broke up
Jmo
And that's the first of two days of 911 calls from the house. They could very well have been when the calls came from the Petito's and the Laundrie's realized there was a huge problem?

The question of how they suddenly acquired money for the hotel and flight has been preying on my mind for a while.

How did they suddenly have the money to pay for those things when they didn't have money for a hotel room for a single night before?

Did they each phone their respective parents and say they'd had yet another bust up, and subsequently BL's parents paid for his flight home, and GP's parents paid for her hotel stay in SLC so they could have a week away from each other to cool down?

Does anyone know if the flight that was booked from SLC to FL was a return flight? Was there always the intention to return? Was it booked as a one way flight, maybe with the intention of splitting up for good, but upon returning to FL, BL changed his mind (either in defiance of his parents, or possibly persuaded by his parents) and decided to fly back out to Utah?

MOO

Gabby wasn't responsible to provide him with hotel money because of that police stop. I think she's the one that had the money for this trip, but it's JMO on that count.

If he had his own money then it baffles me that he was using her account and stealing money so he could get back to Florida. I know I know other's have pointed it out often here, maybe he was giving Gabby money to put in her account for the trip. I'm only giving my opinion on how this trip was funded, I don't want or need a lecture about that possibility, it is what it is. In addition if it was indeed his money being removed by him after her death, a grand jury didn't think so and indicted him for it.

Something he will have to defend in court of law. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member