Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No; only if you want to keep track of the transactions. I give these to my kid for shopping on trips with her dad and she never has to register. If you had to register, scammers tricking people into paying said scammers with visa gift cards wouldn’t be a thing.

my point is, there is a record of the transactions- if you buy gas in 5 different stations on Route X, there is a record of that... there may be no record of who did the buying.

Florida police aren't sure if Brian Laundrie is still alive

North Port police officer Josh Taylor told NewsNationNow.com they haven’t been able to find anything in the Carlton Reserve — other than Laundrie’s car.

We need to find something. I think there’s so much attention on this. I don’t know that this case would ever get to be a cold case,” said Taylor. “We’ll continue to search. You know, we could be searching that Carlton Reserve and nearby lands for a long, long time.”

When asked if he believed the Laundrie family, Taylor said “I don’t know necessarily what to believe anymore.”

The
I wish this site had a thumbs up button lol. This reply gets 2 thumbs up! This family is just acting too odd!
The family is very self preserving. It can reflect our culture. Take care of yourself. Everyone else, it's your own burden to keep. Don't bother us and we won't bother you. Let's stay out of others affairs. It's really between BL & Gabby ... So find BL but we (Laundry's) really can't help with that.

Precisely. Which is why they would ask, where is Gabby..?...... No one in their right mind is suggesting the KIDS are in on this hoo-hah, that's just a red herring furphy to distract from the main event, which is, the non answering of ALL phone calls FROM the Petito's TO the Laundries... and the collusion that must have been activated to be READY for the Petito's to start ringing, so that no one slips up and answers the phone. .....

It isn't rocket science.. Its a big stretch to think that all three Laundries, mum dad and sis accidentally didn't answer any of the calls. Not a stretch I am prepared to make, because that wouldn't be rational.

Im sure the kids were just told she wouldn’t be there. Who cares if they asked? Just because a kid asks something doesn’t mean they need an answer. It’s honestly hard to tell why you are upset about the kids right now. I’m sure CL was told not to answer calls from Gabby’s family, but she may not have been told why. It’s really unfair to bring her kids into this discussion.

Last edited:
Precisely. Which is why they would ask, where is Gabby..?...... No one in their right mind is suggesting the KIDS are in on this hoo-hah, that's just a red herring furphy to distract from the main event, which is, the non answering of ALL phone calls FROM the Petito's TO the Laundries... and the collusion that must have been activated to be READY for the Petito's to start ringing, so that no one slips up and answers the phone. .....

It isn't rocket science.. Its a big stretch to think that all three Laundries, mum dad and sis accidentally didn't answer any of the calls. Not a stretch I am prepared to make, because that wouldn't be rational.

And Brian.
No doubt they would have attempted to call Brian first

So, I'm watching this with what you said in mind:
[1:50 mark]
Q: What was going on at Fort DeSoto Campground? What were you guys doing there? Like, was there a campfire?
CaL: We were...yeah, we had s'mores; we had dinner.
Q: Did Brian say anything about Gabby?
CaL: We had our kids there. Nothing came up.
Q: He didn't say anything about Gabby?
CaL: No. We've told the FBI everything. The world does not need to know what the FBI knows. And that's why we're silent.

If BL told his parents and sister that he and GP broke up, it's possible that CaL could have told her kids not to bring it up. It seems as though she could have said that, and explained that's why it didn't come up, but maybe the FBI told her not to tell anyone what BL told her about why he was home without GP so she filtered it out. Whatever the reason, the answer she gives to the question, "Did Brian say anything about Gabby?" seems odd. It doesn't make sense. Something is missing.

bbm...i would think if he lied to anyone in the family about what had happened, these lies might be used to trip him up if/when the FBI has evidence that disputes these lies...perhaps they would not want those lies made public...imo

Now we have a time stamped photo of CL’s truck in the driveway. But his attorney said CL and RL were searching the preserve that evening for 4-5 hours. How could that be as the sun set around 7:30 and their truck was in the driveway. Appears to be another discrepancy IMHO. What do you think?

does the Preserve close at dusk?

There is no reason to think the Petitos and Schmidts had the wrong numbers, in my opinion. Firstly Gabby had been living with the Laundrie's for two years, so all the parents probably had each other's numbers. For another thing, Gabby's parents have stated to the press several times that the calls were not returned and from the Laundrie side we have heard ... crickets. The parents mentioned it again on Dr. Phil and once again the Laundrie's lawyer did not deny it. Why? Because the FBI can easily prove the calls were sent to the right numbers through phone records from Gabby's family. It's a no-brainer, really, JMOO.

I lived with my husband and his family before we were married and my mom never even had my husband’s number until we got married. She never had his parents or sister’s number.

Im sure the kids were just told she wouldn’t be there. Who cares if they asked? Just because a kid asks something doesn’t mean they need an answer. It’s honestly hard to tell why you are raging about the kids right now. I’m sure CL was told not to answer calls from Gabby’s family, but she may not have been told why. It’s really unfair to bring her kids into this discussion.
In my own defense, I'm not raging but I know this isn't directed at me.

The video above clears it all up for me. I was just wondering why the kids hadn't asked as sometimes kids can be annoying and ask too many questions. Just saying! Not trying to cross any lines. Cassies' family should be left out otherwise. But I do agree, it's a bit sus if they were told not to bring it up. That is all.

To clarify: The discussion about Cassie (BLs' sister) is relating back to a comment I'd read where someone mentioned that Cassie commented how Gabby had not come up in discussion while BL was there because the children were around. Or something to that effect.

I took that to mean that Cassie & the Laundries did not bring up Gabby specifically because of/due to the children for whatever reason.

Then I commented that I thought it was weird that the kids didn't ask "Where's Gabby?" just based off Cassies' previous comment that she & the children always loved being around Gabby etc. All I was saying is that I found it personally odd that Cassies' children wouldn't have been asking for Gabby.

Of course it is inappropriate Imo to discuss breakups and certain "adult" things with children present. I'm just saying, what did they tell the kids?
Maybe she just told her kids in advance that Gabby was on vacation with her friends or family. Honestly; what does it matter? People lie to their kids all the time.

OMG. Is there footage of this somewhere?
If BL supposedly left on the morning of the 13th and the parents searched for “hours,” they “got concerned” at what, noon? o_O
IMO, the parents did not show up in the area of the preserve on the 13th because they were "concerned". More likely, they had to come up with an explanation as to why their truck was coincidentally spotted at the same location the same time on the 13th as the Mustang.

I also think that is why they back-tracked the date to the 13th. Someone or a camera saw their truck there on that date and they needed to come up with a reason that might be. Their original story was that BL left for the reserve on the 14th. If that were so, why was their truck there on the 13th? And why did they lie about it?

Backtracking to cover lies is not good.

Brian Laundrie likely to be found in ‘comfort zone’, former FBI agent predicts

A Former FBI agent has said he believes Brian Laundrie is likely to be somewhere where he’s “being taken care of”, based on the typical behaviour of people on the run.

Terry Turchie told Fox News that fugitives “tend to try to figure out how they can land in the comfort zone”, and are often found in places that are in some way familiar to them.

“People don’t change because they become a fugitive,” said Mr Turchie, who spent a year leading the search for Olympic Park bomber Eric Robert Rudolph in the 1990s.

“Clearly [Mr Laundrie] is not out in some camp or some cave somewhere on the hard, cold ground or … snake, gator-infested water. He’s somewhere where he’s probably being taken care of,” Mr Turchie continued. “When you see how he came running home after something obviously happened, that kind of tells you what he’s probably doing now.”

OMG. Is there footage of this somewhere?
If BL supposedly left on the morning of the 13th and the parents searched for “hours,” they “got concerned” at what, noon? o_O
I'm trying to find it now. They all started reporting on Monday and all had footage of the house with the truck & camper in the drive and no Mustang (I was looking for the Mustang). I couldn't find anything on the 12th, which I was also looking for.

There is no reason to think the Petitos and Schmidts had the wrong numbers, in my opinion. Firstly Gabby had been living with the Laundrie's for two years, so all the parents probably had each other's numbers. For another thing, Gabby's parents have stated to the press several times that the calls were not returned and from the Laundrie side we have heard ... crickets. The parents mentioned it again on Dr. Phil and once again the Laundrie's lawyer did not deny it. Why? Because the FBI can easily prove the calls were sent to the right numbers through phone records from Gabby's family. It's a no-brainer, really, JMOO.

There is the video of Cassie stating the Petitos haven't reached out to her.
That's what makes me wonder whether they had the right numbers for any of them.

Yes FBI I'm certain will know the answer. For sure!
I wanted to clarify if it had been made public and confirmed.

Link interview
Brian Laundrie's sister speaks publicly on Gabby Petito's disappearance, says family wants her to be 'found safe'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member