Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she just told her kids in advance that Gabby was on vacation with her friends or family. Honestly; what does it matter? People lie to their kids all the time.
In this case to me, it matters and is significant because Gabby was no longer alive at that point in time (presumably). Normally yeah, sometimes people have to lie to their kids. It happens, I fully understand and under any other circumstance I'd say "whatever" but this is different for obvious reasons. Ok, I am done and don't want to go in the quiet corner!

In my own defense, I'm not raging but I know this isn't directed at me.

The video above clears it all up for me. I was just wondering why the kids hadn't asked as sometimes kids can be annoying and ask too many questions. Just saying! Not trying to cross any lines. Cassies' family should be left out otherwise. But I do agree, it's a bit sus if they were told not to bring it up. That is all.

I get why you asked, but I also know if I tell my daughter not to say anything about a topic she will not say anything. To me it’s literally not even remotely weird that Gabby didn’t come up at the campground because I think they probably primed the kids on the topic before they got there, and the kids simply obeyed the request for them to not bring it up. If the kids had asked, they wouldn’t have told them the truth, nor should they have. MOO

Anyway, I’m going to drop this topic too. Not worth another TO over lol.

Last edited:
Not IMO. Only the person who killed her knows what he did to cause her death. IF he's captured alive, they'll interrogate him and try and get a confession. If he lies, they'll know.

We still don't know the cause of death in Abby and Libby's case, and neither do the parents and that's almost 4 years ago. They still haven't arrested anyone.

To add to what you're saying, if the suspect is interrogated and he slips up and mentions something about the death that only the killer would know...that's incriminating!

The only explanation I can lend to the unanswered calls is that they were already under gag order by SB.
Let’s get this straight. Your attorney works for you, not Vice versa. You get advice, you choose to to agree, you choose not to. If you want to cooperate, your lawyer will not advise you not to, but he will assist you. This strategy was not a rule that they had to obey and it showed quite clearly that this lawyer has all of the finesse of a hippopotamus. There were plenty of ways to soften the Laundries image and he blew it from the get go if this was his advice.

Depends on how long the body has been there, perhaps. And if it had been in water or brambles or down a rocky area, etc. Who knoze?

Things like tattoos might make them privately pretty sure the remains might be a particular person, but usually there isn't a formal identification until after the autopsy and they usually rely on dentals, fingerprints, or DNA if possible. That takes a bit longer.

There is the video of Cassie stating the Petitos haven't reached out to her.
That's what makes me wonder whether they had the right numbers for any of them.

Yes FBI I'm certain will know the answer. For sure!
I wanted to clarify if it had been made public and confirmed.

Link interview
Brian Laundrie's sister speaks publicly on Gabby Petito's disappearance, says family wants her to be 'found safe'
The oddness lies in Cassie claiming that she didn't get the calls from the Petito's , her idea was that they must have rung the wrong number.. Then, we find that Gabby and Brian had lived with Cassie and her husband for a year or so, the Petito's would have known the number, so then the cloth has to be cut in half again and one could say, oh well then, in that case, Cassie must have got a new number, ... circles can be run in, but when it's three people who don't answer the phone from one family that is frantic over a missing daughter, then it is suspect.

It is not applying logic to invent extra terrestrial reasons for stuff...

IMO, the parents did not show up in the area of the preserve on the 13th because they were "concerned". More likely, they had to come up with an explanation as to why their truck was coincidentally spotted at the same location the same time on the 13th as the Mustang.

I also think that is why they back-tracked the date to the 13th. Someone or a camera saw their truck there on that date and they needed to come up with a reason that might be. Their original story was that BL left for the reserve on the 14th. If that were so, why was their truck there on the 13th? And why did they lie about it?

Backtracking to cover lies is not good.
Just lies to cover up more lies

he dyed his hair once; he could dye it again. he needs some one willing to hire him illegally or with a fake ID... maybe in a coffee shop or a bodega? he knows smoothies... but he needs to live somewhere cheaply and I do not think that roommates are his thing. once he has to work, he risks contact with the public and being recognized. not sure if he can "work from home" with fake ID. IMO (pure speculation).

Once BL's money is gone or it's too dangerous for his benefactors to be funneling money to him on the run, he will be in real trouble. He won't work, he doesn't like to work. He feels he's owed everything. He's Mr. Entitlement, IMO.

So when the money isn't flowing to him, what does he do? He'll just start stealing money from people (like he did from Gabby) and that's how he'll get caught. He might not be recognizable even now, probably lost a lot of weight already, but he will make a mistake trying to get supplies or money or something he feels the world owes him, and that's when he'll be caught. He's not nearly as brilliant as he thinks he is. He might even feel that the world owes him another young women to kill if she gets too "worked up". I hope not. I hope he screams when he's arrested.

JMO

IMO, the parents did not show up in the area of the preserve on the 13th because they were "concerned". More likely, they had to come up with an explanation as to why their truck was coincidentally spotted at the same location the same time on the 13th as the Mustang.

I also think that is why they back-tracked the date to the 13th. Someone or a camera saw their truck there on that date and they needed to come up with a reason that might be. Their original story was that BL left for the reserve on the 14th. If that were so, why was their truck there on the 13th? And why did they lie about it?

Backtracking to cover lies is not good.

I honestly laughed when I heard they changed the date. They forgot or misstated the date. Come on, people. You are stuck in your house, and this is the literal center of your universe right now. How did you get the date wrong? How can we believe you got the date wrong when this is the only thing going on in your world.

The oddness lies in Cassie claiming that she didn't get the calls from the Petito's , her idea was that they must have rung the wrong number.. Then, we find that Gabby and Brian had lived with Cassie and her husband for a year or so, the Petito's would have known the number, so then the cloth has to be cut in half again and one could say, oh well then, in that case, Cassie must have got a new number, ... circles can be run in, but when it's three people who don't answer the phone from one family that is frantic over a missing daughter, then it is suspect.

It is not applying logic to invent extra terrestrial reasons for stuff...

and if she lied when she said she didn't receive the calls, the FBI knows she lied, and will deal with it as they see fit...

The only explanation I can lend to the unanswered calls is that they were already under gag order by SB. MOO
aha.. ok.. lets put it down to a culture gap.. were I live, the lawyer gets instructions from the client. .. I had no idea that gag orders could be imposed by one's lawyer, anywhere.. but nothing should surprise me about Florida......anything goes ...

I'm trying to find it now. They all started reporting on Monday and all had footage of the house with the truck & camper in the drive and no Mustang (I was looking for the Mustang). I couldn't find anything on the 12th, which I was also looking for.
Check Entin's twitter. He talked about Luis getting mustang on camera, no idea if he ever posted that though

aha.. ok.. lets put it down to a culture gap.. were I live, the lawyer gets instructions from the client. .. I had no idea that gag orders could be imposed by one's lawyer, anywhere.. but nothing should surprise me about Florida......anything goes ...

Haha yeah, maybe it’s more like a “gag suggestion”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow