Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
All they had to do is answer, say “she isn’t here, and Brian is not talking. We are trying to find out more info.” The results would have been the same, and they would have at least shown compassion.

IMO this is one aspect of the case that has united people worldwide, no matter what their age, as both kids and parents can relate to this. His parents' heartless attitude towards Gabby's family is unforgivable.

aha.. ok.. lets put it down to a culture gap.. were I live, the lawyer gets instructions from the client. .. I had no idea that gag orders could be imposed by one's lawyer, anywhere.. but nothing should surprise me about Florida......anything goes ...

You mean Long Island New York, where the lawyer is located, right?

Why would her children being around cause her to not speak of Gabby? If she knew nothing, suspected nothing, why would the topic be taboo?
This right here makes me wonder what CL knows is truth and what she may or may not be allowed to talk about.
The way she said that; the words she used are very curious

Agreed, and that's if they would've brought it up anyway. Kids don't really care where adults are, they just want them there. Seeing that she wasn't, they may have been disappointed, but probably would've just assumed she was working, traveling, in NY, etc. JMO

bbm
Yes, let's hope that their worlds haven't changed any, at least for now. No reason for children to suffer. It'll come soon enuff.

The only explanation I can lend to the unanswered calls is that they were already under gag order by SB. MOO

Well I can think of a few normal reasons calls may not have been answered like the obvious one is they didn't have the right numbers for the Laundries?
Or if they had the correct numbers, maybe the Petitos numbers weren't familiar/saved in their phones so they ignored thinking they could be cold calls?
Or Laundries don't use their phones much so when they did notice the missed calls time could have passed and they didn't bother/recognise the numbers to call back?
JIMO as I'm guilty of ignoring calls if I don't recognise the number but actually I hadn't considered that the parents could have instructed SB and been given advice already!
Good point.

Telling a lie to the public is not illegal. We do not know what she has told the FBI.

of course we don't...but what's the point of lying even to the public about something that will likely become known as a lie at some point? she could have just said that she couldn't talk about that issue...maybe i just tend to base my opinions of others' actions on what i believe i would do in the same situation...and i wouldn't want to give the FBI any reason to believe that i was a dishonest person...

Ha! My mind has been tossing this one over the past couple of days, but the thread is closed and then I forget. Your post must have pricked my memory :)

I'll take a stab...I'm way behind so I'm sure this has been answered. Brian graduated May, 2017? And the Laundries moved to Florida after his graduation in 2017. Gabby graduated in May, 2018. She moved to NC in with her godmother? I think? after graduation. Then she and Brian moved in together in 2019 in Florida with Cassie's family, then moved in 2020 in with the parents and got engaged. So they lived together from 2019 through June 2021. But never alone together, always with other family. Gabby Petito investigation: Who are Brian Laundrie's parents?

In general, the humans I associate with may not all be polished, and undoubtedly no one has ever dealt with this, but when people you know call you in a desperate state to locate their daughter, they would answer the calls. They may lie, they may cover up what they know but to ghost people in pain, no that is not basic human decency. At all.

I agree with this 100%. It's very abnormal behavior - unless their priority above all else was to protect their son. And then you ask, protect him from what? Any scrutiny over a missing woman (later a dead woman) and the appearance of him suddenly and unexpectedly, with her van, and the question of WHY? They were hiding what had happened the very first day they did not pick up that phone and even just talk to Gabby's mom or dad. This is eventually going to backfire on them big time. They will be held accountable for something, some day. Even if it's just a civil lawsuit.

JMO

I noticed BL family seem very composed, no begging, no tears just emotional blankness. Gabby was in their lives for years. They were neighbors once. Odd isn’t even a word to describe everything here. I feel like it’s the twilight zone. No sadness for Gabby? I’d be bawling my eyes out! JMOO

*ring*
"Hello?"
"Hi, Mrs. Laundrie? This is Gabby's Mom. Have you heard from her and Brian?"
"Gabby didn't come home with Brian, but he's right here."
"He is?"
"Sure. I'll put him on."
*"Brian! Its Gabby's mom, she wants to know where she is!"
That's all it would have taken.
MOO

Let’s get this straight. Your attorney works for you, not Vice versa. You get advice, you choose to to agree, you choose not to. If you want to cooperate, your lawyer will not advise you not to, but he will assist you. This strategy was not a rule that they had to obey and it showed quite clearly that this lawyer has all of the finesse of a hippopotamus. There were plenty of ways to soften the Laundries image and he blew it from the get go if this was his advice.
Oh, I agree with you, and I think we have already gone through all the ways SB is in way over his head. But, the family’s early and continued silence leads me to believe that that was the lawyer’s advice that the family has chosen to follow. I’m not saying the Laundries are passive participants by any means, nor that they have taken the best path forward.

WOW.
This, I believe, is the earliest pic thus far, showing no Mustang on Sept 13th.
Time stamp 6:09 pm.

BBM

See linked article

...Dad Christopher, 62, and mom Roberta, 55, told detectives he vanished on the evening of Tuesday, September 14 – two weeks after he returned alone from the ill-fated cross-country road trip with girlfriend Gabby Petito, 22.

and

...But the Laundrie lawyer Steve Bertolino says the parents have now corrected their version of events and say their son disappeared on Monday, September 13.

and

However Dailymail.com arrived at the Laundrie home to cover the story of Gabby’s disappearance at 1pm that day. The Mustang was not on the driveway, suggesting Brian had already vanished.

(see attached driveway photo in link)

Brian Laundrie 'flew to Florida to empty a storage unit five days after fight with Gabby Petito' | Daily Mail Online

*ring*
"Hello?"
"Hi, Mrs. Laundrie? This is Gabby's Mom. Have you heard from her and Brian?"
"Gabby didn't come home with Brian, but he's right here."
"He is?"
"Sure. I'll put him on."
*Brian! Its Gabby's mom, she wants to know where she is!"
That's all it would have taken.
MOO
or even... * dawn , in the kitchen .." Brian.. ,you have to ring them . You have to . If you don't they will start ringing here. You have no choice. I will stand here with you, but you have to ring them and speak to them. Now. Today.

All they had to do is answer, say “she isn’t here, and Brian is not talking. We are trying to find out more info.” The results would have been the same, and they would have at least shown compassion. When I first heard of this case it was very early on since I was visiting my folks in Long Island and it was being heavily reported on the local news 12 network. I immediately got hooked because the idea that a woman was missing, and her boyfriend she was traveling with has returned without her AND HE AND HIS FAMILY WAS REFUSING TO SAY A WORD ABOUT IT” just blew my mind. Like, WTF, are they even human?

I still wonder wth BL told his parents? That she walked away and told him to go to blazes & take the van with him because she met some other guy? Would they have bought that? Taking the van and leaving her behind -- he must've really told them some kind of whopper, IMO.
I still would like to know what they thought about her while she was living in their house. How could they not have loved the girl who loved their precious son.
What on earth did he tell them? We will never know.

Florida police aren't sure if Brian Laundrie is still alive

North Port police officer Josh Taylor told NewsNationNow.com they haven’t been able to find anything in the Carlton Reserve — other than Laundrie’s car.

We need to find something. I think there’s so much attention on this. I don’t know that this case would ever get to be a cold case,” said Taylor. “We’ll continue to search. You know, we could be searching that Carlton Reserve and nearby lands for a long, long time.”

When asked if he believed the Laundrie family, Taylor said “I don’t know necessarily what to believe anymore.”

Does this sound like he is saying that LE and the FBI are still counting on BL being in that reserve? That is really sad, considering they have undoubtably had numerous tips of sightings of BL other places. I guess his comments mean none of those sightings were credible? Not a single one?

It just sounds like zero progress has been made after all that effort. It also sounds like they were still believing everything the Laundrie family has been telling them, at least up until now.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member