Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be that they will release the details to try to influence/pressure anyone who might be harboring BL.
If someone knew how bad things might have been in a homicide (as opposed to what BL may have told them), they may decide to call in a tip to the FBI "Psst ... BL is here".
Or make BL parents wise up

Accidental could still fall under the definition of homicide. Homicide simply means death of a person by another person.

A homicide is a broad class of crimes where an individual takes the life of another individual. At common law, criminal homicide is divided into three categories: murder, voluntary manslaughter, and involuntary manslaughter.

Homicide Crimes: Murder

an accidental death could be considered manslaughter.
so why did B run and hide rather than just tell the truth that evidence would surely confirm? The accidental theory just does not coincide with the Laundrie's actions IMO.

Will BL reappear after the COD is announced?
I fully believe that BL will magically reappear once SB has a better idea of the evidence, or lack of, against BL. My theory about the running is that it was in an effort to buy time. SB couldn't tell BL to evade LE, but he could suggest he take a hike to clear his mind and stay out of the way while LE did their job.

A grand jury can be convened very quickly. They don't even have to all get together in person because of COVID. Since it was about stolen credit card fraud it was probably a very clear case with clear evidence and it wouldn't have taken long to get an indictment.

The autopsy is not complete or if it is we don't know the results.

They do not know the date or time of death or if they do they have not told the public. They know a general time frame based on when she was last seen and when BL returned to FL with her van.

IMO.
Federal grand juries can sit for a year and half and more. Their only job is to listen to evidence and decide whether to indict (return a true bill) or not indict. They can hear evidence on the same case or they can hear evidence on many different cases. Much different role from a sitting jury in a trial on one particular case. MOO

Maybe it's a strategic release. I just can't find it in me to believe that BL has managed to just completely stump the FBI and numerous other agencies.
I know! It's disheartening...I like the FBI. Not always very happy with local LE. But this is a complex case for them, so I'm glad FBI took it quickly. jmo

so why did B run and hide rather than just tell the truth that evidence would surely confirm? The accidental theory just does not coincide with the Laundrie's actions IMO.
ITA - the only thing that makes sense is he killed her and ran home to the parents for further instruction and help - I think the phone records will tell the story from 8/27-8/31 - JMO

Purely financial!

Why? I'm not sure how CL could even do it...insure a vehicle belonging to his son's GF, under his business insurance. But even if he could, why would he take that chance? Statistically it doesn't sound like a great move to be financially liable re: a vehicle two young people plan to drive all over the country. Why expose his business to that risk? If there was an accident that exceeded the policy limits, wouldn't he and his company be named in a lawsuit?

JMO

By accident, I mean accident at the hands of Brian, pushed her, fell, hit her head (doubt that is what happened but possible). I am open to it being a crime of passion, not a planned murder (never thought it was). I can see him running, them protecting him under either scenario. MOO

It could be that they are hoping BL will turn himself in once he realizes her remains were in tact enough to rule it 100% murder. He like everyone else doesn’t know the amount of decomposition. I’m sure he was hoping her remains

He was hoping she wouldn’t have been found yet and that she would be scattered. He like everyone else doesn’t know the nature of decomposition.

So this may be strategic in that they know exactly what took place and how that will leave his story to be spun.

I fully believe that BL will magically reappear once SB has a better idea of the evidence, or lack of, against BL. My theory about the running is that it was in an effort to buy time. SB couldn't tell BL to evade LE, but he could suggest he take a hike to clear his mind and stay out of the way while LE did their job.
I'd like to believe this but it seems to me like BL has already drawn his line in the sand. MOO

IMOO, his running has really hurt any defense he might have otherwise put forward. If the coroner says COD cannot be determined then maybe. But that would be because this is very bad for the government's case IMO. So, I really hope they have some results, even if they do not share them tomorrow.

Oooo yeah, I knew I saw a large mark on Gabby's upper arm. This screen grab makes it more clear than the video. It takes a lot of pressure for those marks to appear. And remain visible afterwards. Looks fresh. I wonder if she developed bruising later and it just wasn't documented...

But we are not supposed to discuss DV. Edited to add: Could the marks be from her trying to reach into the car while Brian was trying to drive away?

Wow, I don't remember noticing that before (and in the zillion posts about the Moab stop...:p), but those look like finger imprints from being grabbed or squeezed. Why on earth didn't the PD notice them?? Ugh. Poor thing. :(

I want to understand your point of view. Previously you asked "what could the parents do (short of shooting him in the leg?) to prevent their adult son from leaving".
Personally, I would call the police on my own kid. Absolutely. Especially if I thought they were in a highly emotional state. People can call the police and request a Crisis Intervention Team for anyone with a mental health crisis. The Laundries could have done this and not admit guilt at the same time.
How about not give him money, take away the car keys and warn him that they would tell ALL honestly if he left? Or he could stay and face the music for his own behavior, for choices he made and not ruin their lives too?

But BL knew he had stolen the van and used her card without permission. As a fugitive he cost the State of Florida over 2 million dollars (discussed on WFLA). At the very least, he or his parents would have to repay the State and or spend time in jail. I don’t think a lawyer would tell him to disappear on a hike for awhile. Very bad advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member