Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes- this is one dude’s vid of the Bethune vid. NOT the Bethune vid. I can’t view that as a credible, reliable source of info, and it is unverified as well. The blurry blotch in the center of the screen is not seen in the Bethune original. But I’m sure he is enjoying all those views! Moo

I've watched the videos of the van and the slowed down HD one too. The vertical black line is the black ladder which appears to move as they get closer to the van. I don't think the door closes like that. And if someone was inside the van it would be very dark. I'd hate to be shut up in there even at night. No air, no light.
I'm able to to see the ladder and the closing seperatly. There is movement recorded and not just a play of the eye with the recording device. Ladders and door move insucession. There is movement happening on that van. The dark opening closes.

Edit ...given the trajectory over the moving rv it would make the gap more apparent as it goes forward I can also see in the original footage but stabilize, zoomed, slowed down and clarified makes what I can see on original clearly.

Also like how he explains how it is done so that anyone with this program can do the same.

Last edited:
It's also doubtful GP's grandpa would be calling and leaving multiple messages that early, enough to warrant a message to ask mom to help him so that he'd stop calling. Very strange.
Maybe stan had sent several messages in the prior day/days?

My guess is BL was hoping stan would stop texting GP. If he kept texting her, and never got a response, then he might sound the alarm sooner that something was wrong.

JMO

If you watch the footage, the first phone is the one the ranger is sent to get. That is Gabby's. He tells her he has to go get it from a special spot. He hands it to her, she takes it back to Gabby and she can be seen holding it from then on in the back of the police car.

Later on, presumably when he goes back to the van later to get his wallet, he also gets his phone and puts this in his pants pocket. The officer asks him for his contact details, he pulls out the phone, turns it on and shows him the number. It's working fine, and it's clearly not the same phone that was given to Gabby.
'

Honestly, I just refuse to watch this video, so I need to clarify, because it sounds like Brian had her phone hidden from her and had to get it so the ranger could give it back to Gabby?

What happened with a hammock? No one will believe this, but I wasn't able to read all the post here!!! :rolleyes:...:D
I would appreciate a few details about it, please someone.
Thanks!

There's pictures on GP/BLs' Instagram of them sitting in a hammock reading books. I believe it's GPs' account as there's a caption about how nervous she was getting into the hammock and how much coaxing it took from BL to gain her confidence. Something along those lines.

There are also photos of GP learning about the whole "barefoot" thing. One photo shows GPs' reaction to stepping on a pebble. Just Imo, BL should have cleared the path first or been more of a gentleman in that moment. Just saying.

You have to dig into the IG pictures as I don't think we can post here. I don't have links or #'s for the photos either. Just going off memory, sorry!

*these are just subtle indications for my and MOO that BL wore GP down over time. that's really my only point.

<modsnip>

I did a deep dive looking into Gabby's last Insta post from the Monarch. We don't know for certain Gabby wouldn't or didn't ever drive the van, so she might have had time to quick go to Ogden to grab some new trinkets and clothes before B got there, or they could have gone together. But those pics seem like they were noonish to early afternoon. I suppose B could have flown in early, then immediately agreed to go shopping in Ogden 40 mns away...but...would he have wanted to do that? Was she with a different friend? Was she alone? We know they checked out of the hotel in SLC on Monday the next day. Seems weird they didn't visit Ogden on the way to the Tetons, but we know the day Gabby was there was Sunday the 23rd, not only from sightings, but also the shops/market are only open on the weekends. (Edit: She went to an event called 'Bizarre at the Monarch' that was a holiday art market, only on the weekend.) The questions have been burning a hole in my brain.

Also she might have bought the pumpkin for her Portland friend, who she was gonna visit on Halloween.

I keep thinking that Monarch post is significant somehow. IMO.

JMVHOO

The story I recall is that BL wanted to go to Ogden because some infamous killer was from there or committed crimes in Ogden; thus, he wanted to visit the site.

As it turned out, the Monarch exhibit was being shown nearby. That is how Gabby ended up with the now famous picture of her in the elegant skirt while holding the small crocheted pumpkin in her hands. If I was her mother, I'd want that pumpkin.

JMHOO

Moving the truck the evening of the 13th is consistent with the latest revision by SB. As for the rain, though, can’t read too much into that imo. There’s a well-known saying in FL, “if you don’t like the rain, wait 10 minutes or move 10 feet”. On & off showers are short little bursts. Can be pouring on one street & dry a block away. I don’t think the weather impacted the Laundries much, if at all. Jmo
Also I didn't mean to discount your comment. I tried to find weather specifically for North Port for the 13th, but could only find the hourly breakdown for those two locations, so I tried to give as broad of a window as possible taking into consideration southern weather. It literally rained in my front yard last week but not my backyard. So I completely understand that.

Well, crap, there is this Feds Investigating Brian Laundrie's Alleged Burner Phone Purchased Day He was Last Seen

Now, it is TMZ, so take that with a grain of salt. But if that's true, that's going to really throw a link in their story.

And while we are at it, do you recall reading a comment by SB stating that the L’s took another trip on the 10th/11th but to 2 different places that he would not name? I know I did not dream it. It was stated around the time of the great date debacle for Fort deSoto.

bbm
This is 'new' news .
According to the post and link.

Horrifying and beyond evil if this was Gabby's fate.

In the death of the young serviceman's wife Erin Corwin the strangling took five minutes.
Plenty of time to stop doing this .
I was hoping that whatever happened went very fast and Gabby felt nothing.
Gabby did say in the police officer's bodycam footage that he'd grabbed her face, but she put her hands lower down towards her neck.
So it seems possible.
Imo.
If strangulation was the cause of death, she would have lost consciousness within approximately 7 to 14 seconds.

I have a question. I've seen the Bethune video, a lot. I've watched it at regular speed, slo-mo, and even double speed because you should really see that dead bugs (right smack in the middle of the windshield) butt blowing in the wind at 2x. I have seen no sign at all of any van door closing surreptitiously so could someone please tell me where this is supposed to have occurred in the video?

There is another version taken from the raw video that only shows the door opening and closing. It's on a loop and is repeated several times. It was recorded as the Bethunes approached the van. I've asked for permission to post it but haven't heard back yet. It's absolutely plain as day.

Also I didn't mean to discount your comment. I tried to find weather specifically for North Port for the 13th, but could only find the hourly breakdown for those two locations, so I tried to give as broad of a window as possible taking into consideration southern weather. It literally rained in my front yard last week but not my backyard. So I completely understand that.
You’re good! We all just brainstormin’ here. I just wish we could figure out where BL is…

I'm thinking it was 7 am.

"When Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, reported her missing to Suffolk County Police in New York, she said she last spoke to her daughter at approximately 7 a.m. on Aug. 30. She said Petito was last seen in Grand Teton National Park, and listed Laundrie as a possible companion."

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito reported missing one month ago

If whomever killed GP remover her Apple watch, would the time it was removed or shut off or destroyed be recoverable? Did she download watch data?

Between the Moab stop, scene at the Mexican restaurant, the hitchhiking incidents that seemed to be setting up an alibi, fleeing to Florida in Gabby's van, refusing to talk to LE and then going MIA, BL has made himself look really guilty. But his attorney's early comment indicated that someone else committed the crime but the police would automatically look at BL. “In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this and the warning that ‘any statement made will be used against you is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito’s disappearance,” Steven said. Which made me theorize the attorney would be presenting a "bushy haired stranger defense theory." Suppose BL claimed to the lawyer and his parents that someone followed them from the town angry about the big scene he made at the Mexican restaurant and attacked them maybe in the middle of the night and they both ran for their lives, but only BL got away? So what I'm interested in hearing tomorrow is actual cause of death and if anyone else's DNA was found on Gabby or if there was any evidence at all to indicate a third person was at the crime scene. One of the things I noticed from the crime scene on the day Gabby was found was what I took to be a larger dome tent some distance from where Gabby was found. After looking at a lot of photos, I found out that was a pile of something - maybe mulch or dirt? - covered by a large tarp at the end of a backroad - like maybe a forest service road. What I noticed on the day that Gabby was found was that there was a huge figure 8 of crime scene tape right next to this pile of stuff covered by the tarp. So...now I think that large figure 8 of crime scene tape was definitely related to whatever happened out there and it was surrounding some kind of evidence. I hope we get a few answers tomorrow.

Yes- this is one dude’s vid of the Bethune vid. NOT the Bethune vid. I can’t view that as a credible, reliable source of info, and it is unverified as well. The blurry blotch in the center of the screen is not seen in the Bethune original. But I’m sure he is enjoying all those views! Moo

The blurry blotch in the center of the screen is indeed in the Bethune video. It's some kind of web, or print on the lense. MOO

Additionally, it is the Bethune video. They posted it online. It's not a video of a video MOO It is an approved source as you can see from the link providing Tiff's express approval.

Now with respect to the video and whether the door was or was not closing, I believe it is relevant. Others are entitled to think otherwise. In the end, let's face it, only the AUSA and FBI are going to decide what weight to give it, if any at all.

This video was taken on the 27th at 6 pm. See their description of this video in their YouTube channel for time and date (below link will take you to it - or the media thread, if you prefer).

I believed GP was dead by this time. If this is correct, this evidence, together with the other public evidence, might just have a time of death significantly nailed down - and that time would be sometime on the 27th -

After the Merry Piglets (what was that 2 p.m.?),
But before 6 p.m.

MOO IMO. JMO
Bethune Channel link with date and time.

Bethune video in HD lifted right from their own channel. The clearest version I've seen yet:

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, I didn't believe it. I pulled screencaps from every couple of frames and blew it up some.

I made a gif, repeats 3xs. Don't know if it will load right here, but lets see.
View attachment 316926

I thought it was a tree, but instead of shifting to the side the shadow does get thinner. Someone with current video editing software might be able to get better resolution.

Full Bethune video.

Good job, @sk716! I can see what looks like a vertical opening or a dark vertical "stripe," then I saw what I think was motion, and then the dark part is gone -- nothing but white. Thanks!

The Missing Person report for Gabby lists her address as Ocean Ave, Blue Point, NY. It lists Gabby's previous address as 4343 Wabasso, North Port, FL.

The Ocean Ave. address is her natural mother's home in NY. The Wabasso Ave. address is where the Laundrie's reside in FL.

have you seen a non redacted version of the missing persons report? I have not. If so, Do you have a link?

thanks to @meatandcookies eagle eye, I have now seen (in one of the Moab videos) that GP had a Florida DL. I presume that is current, as LE did not give her any trouble over it, that we saw. I was unable to read the street address unfortunately.

moo

I think it did close. MOO I wish I could find the video I know it was approved (I saw the mod approval on the thread so if I find it I will post it but it could be in any thread from 9/19 on). I just assumed it would be moved to media but I guess it's not technically MSM so it wasn't.
If you haven't seen it go to Brent Shavnore's video of it. It's more clear, at least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member