Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been house hunting in Florida for 3 years. I would estimate that 75% of the homes with pools have pool cages. You can even get them with special screening to help keep the No-see-um bugs at bay. Also, alligators. One house we looked at when we were there a month or two ago backed up to a lake. The developer pointed out the resident alligator - Gucci, who had just surfaced.
great name for a future handbag :)

“This can of course include him (Brian Laundrie) as being the attacker or responsible person for causing Gabby Petito’s death or it could exclude him,” said Kaplan.

While the case is getting some backlash from the public as slow-moving, Kaplan said he thinks otherwise.

“I think they have moved this investigation quite expeditiously,” Kaplan said. “Every procedural part of this case could be subject to questioning or challenged in the court of law and law enforcement only has one opportunity to do it right and get it right."

“That piece of information, I would bet, has gone into grand jury - there is now a sealed indictment for the apprehension for the person who is responsible for the death of Gabby Petito,” Kaplan said.

As for where Brian Laundrie may be, in a statement, his family attorney Steven Bertolino wrote: “Chris and Roberta Laundrie do not know where Brian is. As everyone knows, they believe his last location was the reserve.”
Former FBI agent: Suspect in Gabby Petito homicide may already be named behind closed doors

I personally no longer put credibility into Walsh’s thoughts or his show after the time he wasted during the presser yesterday, asking ignorant questions. He got through twice and asked the same stupid question each time (basically, did BL kill her), taking time away from others who probably had more realistic things to ask.

MOO

ETA his name

He continued today by reminding us that he was the FBI man of the year twice. Not necessary.

I can totally see that. Imo, he is the golden child and his parents are so blinded by codependency that they really believe they are doing the right thing.

Somewhere along the way, his parents might have modeled for him that it was everyone's fault but his own when something went wrong. It's misguided and many parents unfortunately do this in an attempt to fix and solve problems for their children so they won't have to suffer the strain of taking responsibility or accountability for their own actions. Some people call this love. I can see how continually treating him this way has led up to where things stand now.

there is a difference between being "spoiled" or dependent and actually killing another person, IMO. some line got crossed and obliterated.

We've been house hunting in Florida for 3 years. I would estimate that 75% of the homes with pools have pool cages. You can even get them with special screening to help keep the No-see-um bugs at bay. Also, alligators. One house we looked at when we were there a month or two ago backed up to a lake. The developer pointed out the resident alligator - Gucci, who had just surfaced.
Did those neighborhoods have HOAs? That was the question I was asking, would an older neighborhood like that (IMO) have an HOA allowing for a see-thru pool area. The HOAs I am familiar with in Dallas won't even allow a basketball ring in the driveway, no drying clothes on a line, practically nothing visible from the road. No bluebonnets in the front yard grass. An HOA was being used as a possible reason for the Laundries cutting the grass. No biggie, I was just wondering if that kind of neighborhood would have an HOA. (Nothing wrong with the neighborhood, I'd live there).

yeah that was my point, orange paint wasnt to mark evidence. it could mark areas searched or forest service work and just happens to have boring beetle holes. They're very common.

i wondered about this as well after reading this article about attempts to limit the spread of such insects...it specifically mentions bridger-teton national forest...moo

Wyoming - Don't Move Firewood

Pool cages, OMG! I love it!

I saw that, too. I thought they would get arrested for harrassment or something similar because of their aggressiveness. But the NPPD don't seem to be the proactive type...

During the press conference yesterday the WFLA team mentioned that LE had closed off the street to everyone but residents. That must not be accurate unless people are walking in when there’s no one to stop them. I know that some people are letting the press, either free or paid, stage from their lawns.

They made the statement during the time when LE was in the area, knocking on the doors of nearby residents. Not the L house. Maybe the closure was temporary.

moo

Here's a pretty good article from Fox 8 Gabby Petito crime scene and cause of death

"According to KSL-TV, video from their helicopter showed remains above the ground but covered. The photographer said hiking shoes were found on the ground next to the body.

KSL is not releasing the video but showed it to former Salt Lake County prosecutor Kurt Morgan... 'This was quick. This was not sitting here for five or six hours, trying to figure out how to conceal a crime.'"
The hiking boots could be very important in establishing time of day she was killed. We could assume she probably wasn't sleeping in them, so whether they were originally on her is important. I also think the sweatshirt she was found wearing indicates her death could have been in the late afternoon to early morning.

Did those neighborhoods have HOAs? That was the question I was asking, would an older neighborhood like that (IMO) have an HOA allowing for a see-thru pool area. The HOAs I am familiar with in Dallas won't even allow a basketball ring in the driveway, no drying clothes on a line, practically nothing visible from the road. No bluebonnets in the front yard grass. An HOA was being used as a possible reason for cutting the grass. No biggie, I was just wondering if that kind of neighborhood would have an HOA. (nothing wrong with the neighborhood, I'd live there).
Yes, they are prevalent in newer communities with HOA rules.

My take on this entire thing has been more like what you've just posted.
I believe when Brian assaulted Gabby in Moab, and it was so public with police involvement, she decided it was time to end things. I believe Gabby sent Brian home while she decided what to do next. That's why he was gone for a week and was moving her things out of the storage locker. Somehow Brian managed to get back into her good graces, but I think by this time he was seething with anger.
He flew back, promised to keep himself in check and treat her better. Then the fight at the Merry Piglet made her realize he wasn't going to change, she told him it was over and he drove to a private location and killed her.
The most dangerous time in an abusive relationship is when the abused person attempts to leave.

This is a sensible and realistic assessment.

ITA it is staged. I don't watch reality tv shows because they all seem staged. jmo
When I saw the satellite pics of the location of her body in relation to where the van was parked, to me it would have made sense for them to have crossed the creek bed and waled that distance from the van to set up a tent because that would have given them the best staged location to take "camping" pictures with an unobstructed view of the mountains in the background. It would explain why witnesses didn't see any of the usual signs of habitation around the van. It might also be a source of conflict after a bad day to have to schlep the tent and gear so far just to get some Instagram-perfect pics.

Here's a pretty good article from Fox 8 Gabby Petito crime scene and cause of death

"According to KSL-TV, video from their helicopter showed remains above the ground but covered. The photographer said hiking shoes were found on the ground next to the body.

KSL is not releasing the video but showed it to former Salt Lake County prosecutor Kurt Morgan... 'This was quick. This was not sitting here for five or six hours, trying to figure out how to conceal a crime.'"

Doesn’t covering a victim usually indicate the killer had a connection to the victim?

Last edited:
Re-watching the Anderson Cooper interview with Dr. Blue and the topic of the last text Gabby's mom got from Gabby's phone said no service in Yosemite, and Dr. Blue corrected AC and said No it was 'Yellowstone' not 'Yosemite' to which AC corrects himself and says 'yes, Yosemite' which baffles me completely.

The past month we have all gone by Gabby's mom saying Yosemite as opposed to Yellowstone. Now I'm wondering who got it wrong???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member