Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of hiking boots, I went digging through their Instagram and TikTok and these were the only pieces of footwear I saw that could possibly be described as "hiking boots" (I'm not even sure if his are, but I can see how someone might describe them as such.) Definitely wish I had higher-res images bc trying to zoom in on them was not particularly helpful.

Attachments

• boots-his.png
    boots-his.png
    444.6 KB · Views: 92
  • boots-hers.png
    boots-hers.png
    660.9 KB · Views: 86
Her family was definitely told, that news was released before the press conference. But... the immediate family members of... the probable murderer? I have a hard time believing that the Laundries were told the outcome of the autopsy before the public. As his attorney points out, he is "only" a person of interest, so the information is not relevant to a defense (yet).
Immediate family of victim is what I meant. Thank you for mentioning.

IMOO... I am having trouble with BL and GP sleeping in a tent on either the night of 8/27 with low temperature of 39, night of 8/28, low temp 33. Anyone else think they were prepared for these temperatures with the proper gear. Sleeping bag, sweatshirts yes but did they have long johns, hats that cover ears etc..? I have skied at 14 below but you have the gear. Were they prepared? Possible theories on how they ended up in this location has been thoroughly discussed but the camping overnight is one I can't seem to accept due to the cold weather at night.

I've camped in lower temperatures. Tents can be warm, sleeping bags have greatly improved. The best way to stay warm is to remove clothes, when there are two. Both will stay nice and toasty.
In the 70s, we camped near a stream in the Smokey Mts, with several friends. It was freezing and windy. We were complaining, threatening to sleep in the car, when one couple said "strip off" and get in one sleeping bag or zip two together, the body heat will keep you warm. It works!!!! We slept nice and toasty.
Moo

Maybe the poster will come on again. The point they were making, IIRC, is that although a lot of ppl do it, letting someone else use your card is illegal, in protection of the bank's interest. Unless they are legally entered on your card in the contract.

They have to have signature authority from the bank institution for it to be legal. Some do let others use their cards-kids etc but it’s not technically legal.

I think his wording was 'it was his assumption' . I agree, he should not have said anything at all (nor should he have held a press conference when a press release would have done).

BBM
Here is AC's twitter link to the interview:
https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1448079789059944451

These are Dr. Blue & Anderson's words verbatim...(in exactly the same words as were used)

Dr. Blue: "We believe this was strangling by a human being"

AC: "How do you determine that it's a human being?"

Dr. Blue: "Only humans have opposable thumbs."

bbm
Agreed.
Re. the green bolded : You and me both, then. ;)

This family has acted oddly from the start of Gabby's going missing.

I forgot who said this... but maybe the HOA did call or email to mow it ?
They have regulations that don't relax just because the Laundrie's son is on the lam.

As far as the lavender bolded : My guess is that they're not bothered at all by the presence of concerned citizens nor are they bothered by the media.

If they do not like the attention, they could consider moving ?
That would be an easy solution.
Imo.

They could move, but they can't hide. Or on second thought, maybe they could, look how great hiding is working for their son.

Maybe the poster will come on again. The point they were making, IIRC, is that although a lot of ppl do it, letting someone else use your card is illegal, in protection of the bank's interest. Unless they are legally entered on your card in the contract.
An unenforced rule the vast majority of time. Even if photo is in card and the gender with name does not match, very rare anyone bothers to check.
BL most likely used the card often but the charges are for the times he used them when LE thinks Gabby was dead.

Thanks. I thought that the van was parked right next to the road, at least in the RW&B video. I don't remember that little road showing on the map between the van and the "main" road. Unless the little road was "behind" the van.

in the the parked van screeen grabs, you can see a "clearing" behind a row of vegetation to the left of the back of the van...

That all sounds good, until you realize that a lot of science is based on interpretation, and then it's no longer exact.
The definition of science is that it can be replicated. That means, someone else conducting the exact same analysis under the exact same conditions will arrive at the same conclusions.

This isn't a subjective exercise, it is an objective one. Scientific inference comes directly from the evidence & their experience. The pathologist made inferences from the findings. The coroner agreed with them. The finding we're aware of is manual strangulation.

Certainly people can make mistakes. Certainly the defense could attempt to assert something different after reviewing the materials. But I truly don't understand why, at this juncture, we're supposed to be doubting these experts with no evidence to the contrary. A blanket statement that "science sometimes isn't perfect" doesn't do it for me. JMO

On the topic of hiking boots, I went digging through their Instagram and TikTok and these were the only pieces of footwear I saw that could possibly be described as "hiking boots" (I'm not even sure if his are, but I can see how someone might describe them as such.) Definitely wish I had higher-res images bc trying to zoom in on them was not particularly helpful.
If you look at the comments she made - she mentions the brand of the boots. Am on laptop so cannot provide a link.

in the the parked van screeen grabs, you can see a "clearing" behind a row of vegetation to the left of the back of the van...
That must be it then. In the photo they have the pin "van" on the backside of that little clearing or road. Pin should be next to the main road, but no biggie. I just remember thinking how close to the "main" road the van was in the RW&B video.

Speculative wondering: Was the now alleged "missing firearm" with Petito/Laundrie during their travels? There's been speculation that the murder - if carried out by Laundrie - may have been the result of Petito's relationship "breakup" with Laundrie. Possibly, one party (call that person "A") leaves - y'know walks away from - the other (person "B") to symbolically signal the end of a relationship. Person "B" goes after person "A" to reconcile and/or argue... possibly even gets a bit testy. Person "A" gets scared/concerned, and draws the firearm. And then,,, well... who knows.

The definition of science is that it can be replicated. That means, someone else conducting the exact same analysis under the exact same conditions will arrive at the same conclusions.

This isn't a subjective exercise, it is an objective one. Scientific inference comes directly from the evidence & their experience. The pathologist made inferences from the findings. The coroner agreed with them. The finding we're aware of is manual strangulation.

Certainly people can make mistakes. Certainly the defense could attempt to assert something different after reviewing the materials. But I truly don't understand why, at this juncture, we're supposed to be doubting these experts with no evidence to the contrary. A blanket statement that "science sometimes isn't perfect" doesn't do it for me. JMO
Thank you for perfectly wording what I am trying to convey!

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Wrapped up interview with Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue. He explained "manual strangulation/throttling." Also elaborated on his comments yesterday ab domestic violence. And your questions ab the date on his cause of death memo. My reports start on
@NewsNationNow
at 5:40ET.
I need to wait for them to upload to tube.. Geo blocked, unfortunately.

BBM

These are Dr. Blue & Anderson's words verbatim...(in exactly the same words as were used)

i read this as somewhat gallows humor - meaning only one with opposable thumbs could manage a strangling by any means (with possible exception to certain snakes i guess...)

BBM

I am not sure why you are quoting this ,when I am talking about something else.

ITA
Here’s a clip of a very close family friend. She was GP’s grandmother’s ( who passed in 2010) best friend and sounds like she became kind of a surrogate Grandma to Gabby and her siblings. Gabby planned to come see her in Portland Oregon on this trip.
Argh. So sad. Just want to hug her.
Omg, the guttering groans way down deep inside her family’s soul. I can hear them from here. Those of us who’ve tragically lost family and friends know…don’t we?
͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・⁺˚*・༓༓⁺˚*・༓
Lift up your heart and share with me
The memories that will always be.
"Let it be"
˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・༓ ͙⁺˚*・⁺˚*・༓༓⁺˚*・༓⁺˚*・༓

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member