Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that BL stole over $1,000 from Gabby during his run from Wyoming to Florida makes me believe he was trying to form a plan of escape or evasion. He had no need of that much money for gas or transportation just to get home to Florida. It sounds to me as though he was planning on surviving the best he could and he knew he would need money to do that.
So, I think that at the time he took the money, he was not thinking of suicide. He very well may have reconsidered his position once the repercussions of his actions became reality with all of the parents' efforts at contact and then LE started knocking at the door. But during his run home, I don't think that was his intent.
I do pause here, though, because we really have no idea if he withdrew money with her credit card account(s) or if he actually charged items against it, do we? But in either case, it indicates to me that he was trying to form some plan at survival at this point ~ typical of the 'survivalist' image he had of himself. Still slowly MOOing along.
THIS !!!!

" ..... a neighbor said they'd seen Laundrie leave the home with his parents and the camper on September 11, the same day Petito's mother reported her missing. It was unclear whether it was a different neighbor than William or Charlene Guthrie."

Neighbors say they saw Brian Laundrie and his parents leave their Florida home with an attached camper after he returned from his trip with Gabby Petito

I find this sighting unreliable. The cops had been there the day before, right? Surely they would have noticed the missing camper?

I would think that the girl would apologise profusely for the bad behavior of her father privately to the guy AND privately that she would let her father know in no uncertain terms that he is an a$$ and don't ever do that again. jmo

So more of Gabby apologizing profusely for things she didn't even do?

IMHO I see a lot of sexism in the very idea that any woman should apologize profusely for what her dad said to her boyfriend. And I would never talk to my dad like that.

JMO

Hmm. Learn something new every day. I am great grandmother so yeah, i am old. But I sure didn't realize "getting laid" took precedence over having a feeling of self worth and being intimidated by an old man.

Uh, sex is like one of our biggest drives as a species, so this can’t be that surprising.

Perhaps some people don’t see it as in insult or intimidation and think it’s just joking around? And Joe Petito isn’t old.

I can say definitively that at that age, none of my male cousins or friends would have dumped a girl for this. Now that that we are in our mid-late 30’s, yes, but early 20’s no. My friend Justin is married to a girl for 15 years now, who’s dad and brother called him Justine and probably still do. They may not have liked it but the goal of getting laid was much more significant. MOO.

:D

Priceless!

Mic drop!

:D

Uh, sex is like one of our biggest drives as a species, so this can’t be that surprising.

Perhaps some people don’t see it as in insult or intimidation and think it’s just joking around? And Joe Petito isn’t old.
I just don't think it's funny. It is bullyish. It is meant to intimidate. jmo

I do wonder if half the people harassing them are doing this for attention rather than to honour Gabby.
The things being left on the Laudries lawn are not to honor Gabby.
They are intended to harass the Laundries.
Then the "protesters" squeal when the Laundries try to clean up the mess that the L's are being disrespectful towards Gabby.
Several of the "protesters" have been identified as SM clout chasers.
Their end game is only publicity and more followers for themselves.
Those people don't care about Gabby and they are doing terrible things in her name.
Targeting the Laundries for abuse does nothing to find BL and it certainly isn't going to make the Laundries soften.
AFAIK the L's are not cooperating, with CL going out to search with LE.
jmho

The fact that BL stole over $1,000 from Gabby during his run from Wyoming to Florida makes me believe he was trying to form a plan of escape or evasion. He had no need of that much money for gas or transportation just to get home to Florida. It sounds to me as though he was planning on surviving the best he could and he knew he would need money to do that.
So, I think that at the time he took the money, he was not thinking of suicide. He very well may have reconsidered his position once the repercussions of his actions became reality with all of the parents' efforts at contact and then LE started knocking at the door. But during his run home, I don't think that was his intent.
I do pause here, though, because we really have no idea if he withdrew money with her credit card account(s) or if he actually charged items against it, do we? But in either case, it indicates to me that he was trying to form some plan at survival at this point ~ typical of the 'survivalist' image he had of himself. Still slowly MOOing along.
THIS !!!!
MOO We have been assuming for the most part that GP was killed some time on the 27th after the merry piglet incident. I’m struggling with what BL did for 2 days before heading to Fl except try to make a few alibis.

Could it be possible that they had a big fight after merry piglets and he decided to teach her a lesson or create some space or make her calm down by taking her keys and phone and leaving her alone in the van while he went off on his own to hike for 2 days? That would explain the hitchhiking and why she’d stay with the van and not take off. Perhaps she slept in the van, she wouldn’t have been able to call or text her mom if he took her phone.

Then he came back on the 29th they made up, found a place to camp together for the night near a fire ring and then something got him mad again and he killed her there. So sometime night of the 29th or early morning the 30th. He panics, jumps in the van and heads for FL.

All conjecture and my own thoughts, would that make any sense?

Also, would her older used van have a navigation system or would he have had to use maps on a cell phone to find his way back to Fl?
I wonder how many times he ran off and left her , possibly while she was asleep in the tent, or he made a quick trip to town that took hours?

Can someone please link me to the source that says BL was upset over Joe Petito calling him Brianna? Did anyone ever say that? If not, how do we know this bothered Brian? Just because you think it should have bothered him doesn’t mean it did.

Joe P is about 40. When I was 23, like BL, 40 was OLD!

Now, Joe P is just a kid.

Sex drive should not come ahead of allowing someone to put you down.. That's all I am saying.

In any case, this discussion is getting old so I will bow out now.

You know what I find really weird about Brian's departure? He took a car. Why didn't he just walk? If I didn't want to be located, I would leave via the backyard, not move a car out from the front driveway.

I'm nowhere near accusing him of being the smartest criminal ever, but his fugitive life began with him backing a car out of the Laundrie's driveway two days after Gabby was reported missing and about the same time his face (and Gabby's) was on the MSNBC home page.
Re: taking the car - another irresponsible move from BL (moo).

I may be mistaken but didn’t he even refer to it as “mocking”… or possibly that was a reporters characterization(?).

Actually discussed this at a group dinner to see if my thoughts were wacky. There was unanimous agreement that in our teens/twenties if a dates dad said anything like that to us - no matter how sharp, popular, wealthy, or hot she was - the date would end there. Gone. See ya.

GP did have 2 dads, so possibly the step dad was more welcoming

I don’t think it’s funny, but I also don’t think it’s a deal breaker to most guys. And I don’t think it’s at all relevant to the issue at hand, that BL killed Gabby. The issue is between her dad and him. I feel like it being discussed at length like this is like saying it is a contributing factor to the reasons BL killed Gabby.

Does anyone think the Laundries are calling the FBI/Police/LE and begging them to continue the search in the reserve? It's an idea that's never occurred to me until this morning. Example: "Please find our son. We know he's in there and he might be hurt."

MOO

I admit I am considering the possibility the Laundries could be cooperating with the FBI now behind closed doors.

MOO

I don’t think it’s funny, but I also don’t think it’s a deal breaker to most guys. And I don’t think it’s at all relevant to the issue at hand, that BL killed Gabby. The issue is between her dad and him. I feel like it being discussed at length like this is like saying it is a contributing factor to the reasons BL killed Gabby.

No, if anything it might be a contributing factor toward previous tension between JP and the Laundries. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1