Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA - I cannot come to any other conclusion than this was intentional, he left her alone out there and ran home to mommy. Nothing else makes any sense IMO.

This continued search of the park is perplexing to me. If they have some evidence he was there and might still be I could understand it - or if they are searching for the phones or some other evidence - otherwise searching just on the parents word and the mustang? I don't understand that.
JMO
it's the last place he was known to have been, and as far as we've seen, there's no evidence he left the place. I would not be surprised if they found some trace of him out there somewhere (scent, etc.)

Makes a lot more sense to look there than listening to psychics or running down every tictoc video of a bald guy across the US.

Based on some posts, apparently everyone doesn't know that in the US people can't be compelled to speak to LE.

I do hope BL is found. But trashing the right to remain silent is too high a price to pay to catch a person charged with unauthorized use of a credit card. Or even a POI in a murder. That right is more important than the Laundries.

JMO

I so agree with this. I think those harassing the parents should cease with this. They’ve made their points clear.
When BL is caught, yes, again public displays of sentiment of his proven actions are appropriate

But to demand he does not get full benefit of our legal system is detrimental to all of us

For weeks I retained a belief that BL is on the run. Today I reversed that thinking. LE relentlessly continues to search a particular area in the Reserve. I think they are convinced BL's remains will be found there.
I’m right with you. Absolutely believed he was on the run, but FBI/LE behavior at the reserve indicates they believe his remains are there.

For weeks I retained a belief that BL is on the run. Today I reversed that thinking. LE relentlessly continues to search a particular area in the Reserve. I think they are convinced BL's remains will be found there.
Now it's my turn to ask you. If he has taken his own life, IYO what method do you think he used?

We talk a lot about the “what ifs” surrounding the Moab stop. It is a worthy discussion to have because it’s all about prevention of this sort of tragedy.

But I also think about how differently this tragedy could have played out if things had been handled better after GP’s death. I keep going back to the Moab stop, when BL admitted to an anxiety diagnosis.

If BL had called 911, or immediately gone to get help after he killed GP, he would have certainly faced arrest. However, from that moment on, he could have admitted to losing control, that the confines of the trip had triggered his anxiety and rage, that he was heartbroken and sorry. Imo, the fallout from her death would have been slightly more bearable for everyone. It’s not like GP's family would say, “Oh, well, then it’s okay…” No, but there would have been something solid to hold on to. Something that makes sense. They would have known where their daughter was and gotten her body back sooner. They would have known what happened to her and worked to heal, as best as humanly possible under the circumstances.

His own family would not have been shoved into the national spotlight. The misery for his mother, father, sister, brother-in-law, and nephews could have been at least limited to the devastation of what he had done.

Nothing will bring back GP, even if BL is brought to justice. I’ve said it in other cases, that the only real winners here are the victims who might have been. The ones who could have crossed paths with a killer down the road, but won’t because he’s off the streets. If BL went off and shot himself to death, I would have the compassion to link this entire mess to his declining mental health. But if he just ran, putting every single person involved into this terrible, ongoing nightmare, only compounding an already excruciating situation, it’s inexcusable.

Jmo.

Well said. It makes me wonder, though, what BL would have thought about if considering these options after GP was dead, if he is the killer. Calling 911 after strangulating GP would guarantee him prison time. Running and disappearing forever is a chance to live as a free man. Not as himself, but not locked up.

ITA - I cannot come to any other conclusion than this was intentional, he left her alone out there and ran home to mommy. Nothing else makes any sense IMO.

This continued search of the park is perplexing to me. If they have some evidence he was there and might still be I could understand it - or if they are searching for the phones or some other evidence - otherwise searching just on the parents word and the mustang? I don't understand that.
JMO

I keep seeing references to BL "running home to mommy." (Not just in @oviedo's posts) I know some posts on the topic got deleted in an earlier discussion on another thread for using a term ending in "boy." So no one should use that 2-word term.

BL lived with the Laundries. So why are some sure "he ran home to mommy" vs "he ran home?" Or even "he ran home to dad?" What published evidence do we have or what observations/interpretations of public evidence leads to the often-repeated contention he ran to mom? I've seen nothing to suggest he was especially close to RL. Perhaps some could provide some links? Thanks.

JMO

When I watched the interview that BL's sister, Cassie Laundrie, gave Monday, 10/4, she made a comment that struck me as odd. Maybe it's nothing at all except a common "turn of phrase", but I've never heard it in the way or context that she used it and wondered if it could have possibly been a "Freudian slip"... She said, "I'm in the boat where I'm getting ignored by my family and thrown under the bus by my family's attorney,"... I've heard the common saying "I'm in the same boat", when someone is having the same experience or feelings as someone else, but I have never heard what she said.

What strikes me about you picking up on that it’s a phrase comparing herself to someone else (being in the “same” boat. Who was she comparing herself to? Because she was talking about her parents ignoring her and being thrown under the bus by the lawyer. Who else is that happening to, being ignored by the parents and thrown under the bus. I have wondered if CaL was trying to get a subtle message to BL through her public statements. (MOO)

Last edited:

JMO

BBM - in my completely amateur opinion, they absolutely do have evidence he was and may still be there - we just don't know what this evidence is.

RBBM :)
That’s what I was thinking, too RE: the bolded portion. I want to know if the Marshalls are involved. I haven’t seen anything about them & according to that special on ID, they aren’t involved yet & I just wonder why?? I’ve said this before, but finding fugitives is kinda their thing lol.

Which is why I believe there is no nationwide manhunt at this point in time.

It's possible they found (biological) forensic evidence of him in the Preserve (which also includes a state park with a source of fresh water). Perhaps more than once (there are dogs who can sniff out human waste products). DNA results come back, it's him, they go out again.

No way to be sure he's still there, but if he is, good chance he's not alive.

Well said. It makes me wonder, though, what BL would have thought about if considering these options after GP was dead, if he is the killer. Calling 911 after strangulating GP would guarantee him prison time. Running and disappearing forever is a chance to live as a free man. Not as himself, but not locked up.

MOO. He did not think much. I also think he is stupid, morally lacking and selfish. Took combination of all of that to act as he has.

There is a guy in this town who killed a good friend of his. They were two junkies fighting over drugs and one stole some of stash. An old story. He ran in a panic but within the hour turned himself in. To this day, he takes full responsibility and shame for what he did. He’s out after doing his time. I have more respect for this guy than I do BL

Brian Laundrie's Parents Are Revealing Big Clue He's Still Alive, Petito Family Says

Gabby Petito's parents used an emotional interview with Australian TV show 60 Minutes to criticize both Brian Laundrie and his family's response to his disappearance.

Her mother, Nichole Schmidt, said: "They know most of the information, I don't know why they're doing this to us. I feel like we need to just know, at this point."

This is thought to refer to claims the Laundrie family has provided insufficient information about the fugitive, feeding accusations Brian Laundrie may have received assistance with his disappearance.

Her father Joe Petito said: "If they do know something and they're withholding that and they don't want to let us know, it's cruel."

His mother added: "Their actions don't show that their son is missing. It shows that they're just comfortable and they probably know where he is."

The parents are even less equivocal in the criticism of Brian Laundrie, described by Schmidt as "a coward."

She added in the interview scheduled for broadcast on October 17: "This was evil. She was taken at somebody else's hand."

Brian Laundrie's Parents Are Revealing Big Clue He's Still Alive, Petito Family Says (msn.com)

Not possible. The parents said they were out for several hours Monday 9/13 looking for him. They also reported last seeing him with a hiking pack with waist strap.

Clip BBM

I think the problem here might be the three words I bolded above, the parents said.

I’d like to know if that date can be verified by any type of video surveillance. I believe he was gone several days before they want to admit. Anyone could have driven the Mustang and parked it but maybe there is surveillance showing he was the driver on that date. Unless that can be verified, I don’t buy it.

jmo

Last edited:
What exactly are the risks of an innocent person talking to LE? Just talking to them, from the confines and protection of his own home. As BL could have and should have done immediately, with his lawyer present. I can see no risk to him whatsoever but maybe I'm not imaginative enough. You can talk to cops with your lawyer present. He didn't even do that.

If he was innocent there would be nothing at all for them to "catch" him saying or doing.

If he was partially guilty there would be, but whatever he did he should take responsibility and tell LE and the Petitos what happened instead of running like a coward.

BL's a privileged young man living with his parents in "good" neighborhood. Nothing was going to happen to him from talking to LE, IMO.

Don't be naïve. Take a look at this video where an experienced defene lawyer instruct his law class that people should NEVER voluntaril speak with the police, EVER!

Which is why I believe there is no nationwide manhunt at this point in time.

It's possible they found (biological) forensic evidence of him in the Preserve (which also includes a state park with a source of fresh water). Perhaps more than once (there are dogs who can sniff out human waste products). DNA results come back, it's him, they go out again.

No way to be sure he's still there, but if he is, good chance he's not alive.
I don’t disagree. I don’t like this scenario and hope for a ‘live’ Brian. If true, can you imagine the thoughts and images of the searchers? When will they say enough is enough and disband the search?

Clip BBM

I think the problem here might be the three words I bolded above, the parents said.

I’d like to know if that date can be verified by any type of video surveillance. I believe he was gone several days before they want to admit. Anyone could have driven the Mustang and parked it but maybe there is surveillance showing he was the driver on that date. Unless that can be verified, I don’t buy it.

jmo

if there is surveillance, it has not been released. Doubt there is. We can all have our opinions. LE, including FBI have chosen to believe most of what Laundries have told them. They have bet a heckuva a lot of time and resources on it. And they know more than we do and have the experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee