Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m an entrepreneur to my core, and run two businesses. So I’m always up for making a buck, but only in legal and honorable ways. If I would 100% charge the media to use my lawn and wifi… and then I would give every penny to the foundation that Gabby’s family has started, or split it between that and an established organization that helps people escape DV. That is the only way to feel good about taking money from the media in this situation.

Someone should suggest that to these neighbors.
Maybe they thought charging them 3 grand they would go away!

I keep seeing references to BL "running home to mommy." (Not just in @oviedo's posts) I know some posts on the topic got deleted in an earlier discussion on another thread for using a term ending in "boy." So no one should use that 2-word term.

BL lived with the Laundries. So why are some sure "he ran home to mommy" vs "he ran home?" Or even "he ran home to dad?" What published evidence do we have or what observations/interpretations of public evidence leads to the often-repeated contention he ran to mom? I've seen nothing to suggest he was especially close to RL. Perhaps some could provide some links? Thanks.

JMO
If my child, no matter their age, murdered someone and didn't know what to do, I would want them to come home to me. I would want to be able to help guide them, rather than have them make more impulsive and potentially harmful decisions.

RBBM :)
That’s what I was thinking, too RE: the bolded portion. I want to know if the Marshalls are involved. I haven’t seen anything about them & according to that special on ID, they aren’t involved yet & I just wonder why?? I’ve said this before, but finding fugitives is kinda their thing lol.
US Marshals typically deal with fugitives with violent federal felony offenses. BL not charged with murder at this point that we know of.

Those headlines are deceptive. Also, I expect Gabby’s family to be subjective and emotional about this. We can all have our opinions, but as of right now, there is absolutely no evidence that Laundries have done anything illegal.
You can say that again. And, for me, this public communication volley is bizarre to me.

whew, if calling him by a girls name was so mean and caused some kind of trigger in BL thank God he never met my Dad....he would have been in hiding a long time ago lol
Lol! That’s funny. My dad wasn’t perfect. He would have lots to say in private. I guess he knew I was kinda shy.

Now it's my turn to ask you. If he has taken his own life, IYO what method do you think he used?
Maybe they are just being very thorough. Now that the waters have dried up a lot, they can apparently have the cadaver dogs check for remains.

I don't think BL is dead, though. If he wanted to S himself, he could have done that in WY and there could have been two bodies found together, like some twisted Romeo and Juliet story. Instead, he went to his comfort zone, home to mom and dad.

So, now he appears to have fled for the second time. To avoid prison, which would be the opposite of his comfort zone?

I will be very surprised if BL's remains are found. If he were going to S himself, why not go to the reserve, do it somewhere so that it would be easy to find his remains, so that his parents would know that he was dead and at least have that instead of wondering where their son is for the rest of their lives.

Not that I think they don't know where he is. They don't come off as grieving or worried about where he is. Their silence and retaining a lawyer from the beginning just makes it appear that they knew what happened and have done everything they could (including their silence) to protect their son.

I found it interesting that the lawyer said that none of the Laundries would be saying anything except through the attorney's statements. When asked why, he said it is because he advised them that "that's how it needs to be." NEEDS to be. Interesting. Especially, if anything they could potentially say could be damaging to BL at trial or to themselves for having knowledge of certain things.

I am thinking of a few other missing folks we analyzed extensively on WS and they were just dead in water, tough to trace because of weather or terrain. (Teleka Patrick, Timothy Cunningham come to mind). They were both well educated and people imagined all sorts of scenarios, but.... to no avail.

I agree. Even if BL didn't plan a suicide there are numerous risky situations where he could die through misadventure if he is in a nature reserve or walking a trail. I'm shocked at how many seasoned hikers have died in national and state parks who were just hiking not evading the law.

""Access device" is defined at 18 U.S.C. § 1029(e)(1). Instead of using the term "credit card," or "debit/credit instrument," the term "access device" is used in the statute and is defined broadly as any "card, plate, code, account number, electronic serial number, mobile identification number, personal identification number, or other telecommunications service, equipment, or instrument identifier, or other means of account access that can be used, alone or in conjunction with another access device, to obtain money, goods, services, or any other thing of value, or that can be used to initiate a transfer of funds...." The only limitation, i.e., "other than a transfer originated solely by paper instrument," excludes activities such as passing forged checks."
1030. Definitions
I thought he was already wanted for access device fraud.

I keep seeing references to BL "running home to mommy." (Not just in @oviedo's posts) I know some posts on the topic got deleted in an earlier discussion on another thread for using a term ending in "boy." So no one should use that 2-word term.

BL lived with the Laundries. So why are some sure "he ran home to mommy" vs "he ran home?" Or even "he ran home to dad?" What published evidence do we have or what observations/interpretations of public evidence leads to the often-repeated contention he ran to mom? I've seen nothing to suggest he was especially close to RL. Perhaps some could provide some links? Thanks.

JMO
Yeah. The "mommy" jargon thing is ridiculous to me. Obvious to me that its meant to degrade him somehow. I wonder how often he communicated with his parents during their travels. Did he call them from or about that infamous traffic stop?

Maybe they are just being very thorough. Now that the waters have dried up a lot, they can apparently have the cadaver dogs check for remains.

I don't think BL is dead, though. If he wanted to S himself, he could have done that in WY and there could have been two bodies found together, like some twisted Romeo and Juliet story. Instead, he went to his comfort zone, home to mom and dad.

So, now he appears to have fled for the second time. To avoid prison, which would be the opposite of his comfort zone?

I will be very surprised if BL's remains are found. If he were going to S himself, why not go to the reserve, do it somewhere so that it would be easy to find his remains, so that his parents would know that he was dead and at least have that instead of wondering where their son is for the rest of their lives.

Not that I think they don't know where he is. They don't come off as grieving or worried about where he is. Their silence and retaining a lawyer from the beginning just makes it appear that they knew what happened and have done everything they could (including their silence) to protect their son.

I found it interesting that the lawyer said that none of the Laundries would be saying anything except through the attorney's statements. When asked why, he said it is because he advised them that "that's how it needs to be." NEEDS to be. Interesting. Especially, if anything they could potentially say could be damaging to BL at trial or to themselves for having knowledge of certain things.
I still wonder if BL did go back to Wyoming and killed himself……and just hasn’t been found yet.

Last edited:

JMO
I have seen a pattern of some laying blame and vilifying RL over CL.
If she did something that sets her apart from CL I have not
seen it.
I could well have missed it though.

The Laundries face civil lawsuits that can put them in financial ruin, not to mention attorney costs. They are not wealthy. Imagine how YOU would be if in such a situation. Cooperating is not going to help them in this regard. Experience shows that it just gives even more fodder in such lawsuits. Highly unlikely Gabby’s family would not Sue even if they bent over backwards to cooperate. Not the way it works

If my child, no matter their age, murdered someone and didn't know what to do, I would want them to come home to me. I would want to be able to help guide them, rather than have them make more impulsive and potentially harmful decisions.

What if your child came home and, in the meantime, you have decided to hire a lawyer and have the lawyer peacefully surrender your child to authorities but your child's reaction is that if you did that, they were going to kill you or they actually kill you for making the suggestion or they kill themself in your home?

This continued search of the park is perplexing to me. If they have some evidence he was there and might still be I could understand it - or if they are searching for the phones or some other evidence - otherwise searching just on the parents word and the mustang? I don't understand that.

When BL first went missing the Carlton Reserve was still open to the public. There could easily be witnesses to him in that location and even to his appearance and state of mind. If they correspond to the Laundrie's account, then that's enough to search the area extensively. Then again it could be the only thing they have to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stouts4life