Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that? (I have really suspicious acting neighbors - so if you do too, I'm sorry for that!)

In the case of these neighbors, apparently one thinks they have footage of him running from the house on the 17th (and they have turned it over to LE according to the articles linked above).

<modsnip>

It's odd that several people thought they saw him at night on the 17th. Could be hysteria or groupthink, but it does make me wonder and I bet it makes LE wonder too.

I saw the footage about running from the yard on the 17th. I cannot find a place to buy into that. MOO. My gut tells me he was long gone by then. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest, if they do find him and can only detain him on the 'unauthorised use of a device' charges (until they find sufficient evidence to charge him with more), how long feasibly could he be held for on the bank card charges?

Would something like this vary by state or is it the same nationwide? Also, does it/would it differ for a federal case?
If you look at the docket you will see that the very day (or max, day after) the AUSA immediately filed a motion for pre-trial detention. If they get him I see this being granted without hesitation. If they get him, he is not being released. He is a proven flight risk. MOO

If you look at the docket you will see that the very day (or max, day after) the AUSA immediately filed a motion for pre-trial detention. If they get him I see this being granted without hesitation. If they get him, he is not being released. He is a proven flight risk. MOO
I agree. I'd be surprised if he was even given bail.

I'm betting that they thought the van was registered to Brian. So, he brought HIS van home. I bet J Petito in one of the calls or text said something like is Gabby's van sitting in your driveway? Where is Gabby, the owner of the van? jmo
As far as we know, he told them he was going back in the van. So when the Petito's called, they became confused and needed to check out Brian's story before they spoke to them.

Unless someone drove back with him to Florida by takin a plane ride up to the area, met up BL and drove back with him. That’s never been decided yet has it?

I definitely think that's a possibility. LE knows who was in the van with him via gas station cameras, business cameras, ring cameras, etc. I can't see them making that public unless they don't recognize the person with him. Then they might release photos asking for information if this drags out a long time. IMO.

If it is parked on my property, I'd want to know for insurance and liability reasons. jmo

I do believe there is a nationwide manhunt for BL in the form of APB to law enforcement agencies. The autopsy results were the lead story on last night's national news. My local news also is carrying the story and I live far from Florida. jmo

Do you have a link that says there's an APB?

I just know that there's no picture of BL at my post office (but there are other fugitives) nor at any of the national parks we've been to since this happened (federal property, a good place to look, right?)

I realize the autopsy results were on national news, but people are hearing and reading less and less of it. Not one of my 110 students listens regularly to any news, I have to assign it and basically award points to get them to do it (these are college students and range in age from 16-40). I don't think people are going to log "autopsy results" in their longterm memory if they aren't following the case to some extent (and on other forums where I chat daily, mention of the case came up once or twice - but no chatter about the autopsy results).

I have lots of friends who avoid regular news like the plague as well (all of them are women near my age).

To me, a manhunt involves repeated stoking of the media fires. I'm sure Florida hears way about this for sure, but I don't think it's at the top of the major network news cycles in New York for very long at all. And frankly, none of the stories that I myself watched showed BL's picture for more than a few seconds and none said that there was a manhunt or even an APB.

If there is an APB - what does it say? Does it say he's believed to be armed and dangerous? I have tried to find that info and cannot, so would appreciate the link very much. Does it say how he might be traveling? Did it come before or after DD's tip?

I saw the footage about running from the yard on the 17th. I cannot find a place to buy into that. MOO. My gut tells me he was long gone by then. JMO
Wasn't this brought up earlier? By the time I got back to it the next day it wasn't being discussed so I assumed it had been debunked. Anyone else remember what happened?

As far as we know, he told them he was going back in the van. So when the Petito's called, they became confused and needed to check out Brian's story before they spoke to them.

After he came home without her, it would have cost them nothing to call her family and tell them that she didn't come back regardless of whatever reason BL gave them. IMO

All the timelines I've seen show them leaving on their trip from New York. So I guess that is where they were working on the van? Maybe Gabby wasn't living with the Laundries at that point. Was she living with her mother?

It would be interesting to know where all their pre-trip prep took place, and for how long. Someone must know this. IMO

It has Florida plates so I would guess it was bought in Florida. MOO

Edit - in the Van Build story on BLs Instagram, there is a palm tree in the background of one of the scenes. That would suggest Florida over new York, but I have never seen anything verifying that

Last edited:
There's been posts about lack of flyers about Brian and people not knowing about this because of not watching the news, etc. I think this case is pretty prevalent on tiktok and twitter, so even without pictures on businesses and the like, I'd be surprised if someone hadn't heard about it.

I agree with Mr. Walsh. I do believe BL has crossed over at the border, walking in the opposite direction of those crossing into the US. You can see it happening when you watch all the many videos on every news channel. Getting lost/hiding in Mexico is not hard to do.

It's been stated that Gabby lived at the Laundries. If you remember from the Moab video when she handed the officer her license he noted that her license said she lived in FL, and she remarked that she was originally from NY. I don't know how long she had lived with CL and RL. Also CaL stated that for a while the couple lived with her, so I'm not sure how long she'd been in FL total.

She went to NY in June for a relative's high school graduation. Think it was her younger brother/half-brother. They left on the trip from NY but the van work was done in FL. Pictures are posted on BL's IG I think. So she was in FL when the van was acquired.

Gabby Petito: Police search for missing NY woman; van found in Florida

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads