Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been posts about lack of flyers about Brian and people not knowing about this because of not watching the news, etc. I think this case is pretty prevalent on tiktok and twitter, so even without pictures on businesses and the like, I'd be surprised if someone hadn't heard about it.
And, I think any and all Vanlifers are going to whatever they can to keep it front and center. MOO

Do you have a link that says there's an APB?

I just know that there's no picture of BL at my post office (but there are other fugitives) nor at any of the national parks we've been to since this happened (federal property, a good place to look, right?)

I realize the autopsy results were on national news, but people are hearing and reading less and less of it. Not one of my 110 students listens regularly to any news, I have to assign it and basically award points to get them to do it (these are college students and range in age from 16-40). I don't think people are going to log "autopsy results" in their longterm memory if they aren't following the case to some extent (and on other forums where I chat daily, mention of the case came up once or twice - but no chatter about the autopsy results).

I have lots of friends who avoid regular news like the plague as well (all of them are women near my age).

To me, a manhunt involves repeated stoking of the media fires. I'm sure Florida hears way about this for sure, but I don't think it's at the top of the major network news cycles in New York for very long at all. And frankly, none of the stories that I myself watched showed BL's picture for more than a few seconds and none said that there was a manhunt or even an APB.

If there is an APB - what does it say? Does it say he's believed to be armed and dangerous? I have tried to find that info and cannot, so would appreciate the link very much. Does it say how he might be traveling? Did it come before or after DD's tip?
I have always hated and avoided "regular news" at every age. As a good friend of mine says, "They should call it BAD news." I have other friends for whom watching news is a nightly ritual. However, because my job requires me to be on the Internet regularly, I see news items in my feed. And I am a Websleuther, so there's that.

So where is BL and how will he be found? If I were BL, I would be heading out of Dodge on the first stagecoach, or whatever means of transportation would get me as far from the "heat" as possible. As far as we know, he doesn't have a car. He does, apparently, have a bike (from earlier reports that he went biking with his mom), and I want to know where it is. With a bike helmet on, he would go unrecognized. The other thing I would do is rarely if ever appear in public. With sufficient funds, he could have food delivered to his safe house or go to a convenience store with a mask on. When his cash runs out, wherever he is, he's in deep doo-doo. Because he can't exactly apply for a job, so he will have to panhandle or steal. It's a matter of time, and time is running out. JMHO.

I agree with Mr. Walsh. I do believe BL has crossed over at the border, walking in the opposite direction of those crossing into the US. You can see it happening when you watch all the many videos on every news channel. Getting lost/hiding in Mexico is not hard to do.

I don't think it's a for sure thing that he can't be found in Mexico. I saw a Dateline recently where mother and son went to Mexico but were found and brought back. He dyed his hair and beard hoping to not be recognized (as some say that BL may do).

ETA - All the need to do is put up Wanted posters of BL with not just a mugshoot front on view... but one of his tooth! I'm tellin' ya.. between his eyes and that tooth... he can't be hard to miss.

Mom of 'Affluenza' Teen Indicted for Helping Son Escape to Mexico

Last edited:
It's been stated that Gabby lived at the Laundries. If you remember from the Moab video when she handed the officer her license he noted that her license said she lived in FL, and she remarked that she was originally from NY. I don't know how long she had lived with CL and RL. Also CaL stated that for a while the couple lived with her, so I'm not sure how long she'd been in FL total.
According to her dad's letter to the Laundries she lived with them for over a year.
Interview with Gabby's dad

Let me preface by saying that I truly believe Brian killed Gabby.

For countless threads all I've seen is mainly speculation on their relationship. While it may have been abusive and it would indicate as such from the Moab police stop, it doesn't have to mean Brian controlled everything in Gabby's life.

Blaming Brian and inventing scenarios based on scant knowledge of their relationship I feel people are doing Gabby a disservice.

By going to the extreme in order not to victim blame, people are actually inferring that she was not a strong-willed woman with her own mind.

She was setting up a website, vlogging and exploring, things SHE was very focused and excited about (according to her dad).

I think I even read a suggestion that Brian made her read the books only he liked. Like seriously?

I do believe the relationship was toxic sometimes, but not to the extent where she had no free will.

Please don't let her life be in vain. She seemed to me to be a very free spirited, kind and outgoing girl who loved her life.

thank you.... we truly know nothing. And I think we collectively invent so much as we flog him and hang him alive.

I don't think it's a for sure thing that he can't be found in Mexico. I saw a Dateline recently where mother and son went to Mexico but were found and brought back. He dyed his hair and beard hoping to not be recognized (as some say that BL may do).

Right! And the reward money would go a long way in Mexico, that is for sure. Enlist our friends south of the border to bring find BL! Dog has contacts in Mexico, he can enlist them.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Can you imagine him being locked up?
He'll end up separated from others and all alone- which it seems, is what he prefers anyway.
This is all a game to him IMO.
He feels no guilt, so if he is alive, he will make a mistake at some point!
(Like biting the hand that feeds him!)
MOO
I don't think he at all prefers alone. IMO he's always been dependent. Always had people to pick up after him. Ran home to mommy when he did something BAD.

There's been posts about lack of flyers about Brian and people not knowing about this because of not watching the news, etc. I think this case is pretty prevalent on tiktok and twitter, so even without pictures on businesses and the like, I'd be surprised if someone hadn't heard about it.
My experience and exposure indicates to me that the majority (ie >50%) of people 12+ have likely been exposed to the general story. But the majority of those people have no active interest in it. There are more “important “ things going on for the majority.

Last edited:
I was just watching the live Twitter stream with Brian Entin a little bit ago. LE was still searching the reserve. It’s 5:40 here in Florida right now. How long do they typically go on a normal day?

It's been stated that Gabby lived at the Laundries. If you remember from the Moab video when she handed the officer her license he noted that her license said she lived in FL, and she remarked that she was originally from NY. I don't know how long she had lived with CL and RL. Also CaL stated that for a while the couple lived with her, so I'm not sure how long she'd been in FL total.

She lived in Carolina Beach, NC before moving to Florida. So January/February 2019 is a good fit for moving to Florida from all teh various MSM articles I have seen. Rose, the friend, might also have said when she discussed the BFF search site she met GP on.

Smoke on the Water General Manager Lara Witschen says Petito worked there from September 2017 to January 2019. She worked as a hostess and in the kitchen while there before moving to Florida.

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2021/09/23/gabby-petito-once-lived-in-wilmington-friends-share-memories/

I remember this story. It was the first time I had ever heard of Affluenza, who knew. I think BL will be found, where ever he's hiding. I hope he'll be found deep in Mexico, after he's met with some not so nice people.

She went to NY in June for a relative's high school graduation. Think it was her younger brother/half-brother. They left on the trip from NY but the van work was done in FL. Pictures are posted on BL's IG I think.

Gabby Petito: Police search for missing NY woman; van found in Florida

JMO
I did find this article that mentions Gabby living in NC from Sept 2017 to Jan 2019
Gabby Petito lived, worked in North Carolina for more than 1 year prior to moving to Florida

and then Gabby moved to FL in March 2019 according to this article.
Mother of missing van-life woman, 22, says she last heard from daughter through text 13 days ago | Daily Mail Online

and then they headed up to NY to attend Gabby's brothers graduation on June 17th and then headed out from NY on July 2nd to do their trip.
A timeline of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's road trip that ended in her death.

I remember this story. It was the first time I had ever heard of Affluenza, who knew. I think BL will be found, where ever he's hiding. I hope he'll be found deep in Mexico, after he's met with some not so nice people.
You know, I don't think Mexico is a good choice for BL. They always advise travelers not to drink the water, but to drink bottled water instead. Due to that Mexico just got crossed off my list of possibilities where he's at. lol :p

Not picking on Mexico... I've heard that advice for a lot of countries when traveling the world.

Out of interest, if they do find him and can only detain him on the 'unauthorised use of a device' charges (until they find sufficient evidence to charge him with more), how long feasibly could he be held for on the bank card charges?

Would something like this vary by state or is it the same nationwide? Also, does it/would it differ for a federal case?

Would depend on what a judge determines, but I would be surprised if he was released without significant cost and monitoring stipulations.

According to her dad's letter to the Laundries she lived with them for over a year.
Interview with Gabby's dad
And I believe she lived at Wabasso with Cassie and her family prior to that based on Cassie's statements to this during the interview with the protestors. MOO

(In other words it seems when CL closed on her home, parents moved in and BL and GP stayed. MOO At least that's how I understood her. JMO)

I agree. Some information or intelligence that they’re not sharing with the public gave them strong reason to continue searching for him in there, possibly deceased.

The sporadic nature of the searches, the going back and forth to the Laundrie home to collect things, the ignoring of various sightings around the country, indicate to me that they’re looking for remains. MOO
Do you think all this searching has anything to dobl with the fact that all eyes are on them with this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67