Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link that says there's an APB?

I just know that there's no picture of BL at my post office (but there are other fugitives) nor at any of the national parks we've been to since this happened (federal property, a good place to look, right?)

I realize the autopsy results were on national news, but people are hearing and reading less and less of it. Not one of my 110 students listens regularly to any news, I have to assign it and basically award points to get them to do it (these are college students and range in age from 16-40). I don't think people are going to log "autopsy results" in their longterm memory if they aren't following the case to some extent (and on other forums where I chat daily, mention of the case came up once or twice - but no chatter about the autopsy results).

I have lots of friends who avoid regular news like the plague as well (all of them are women near my age).

To me, a manhunt involves repeated stoking of the media fires. I'm sure Florida hears way about this for sure, but I don't think it's at the top of the major network news cycles in New York for very long at all. And frankly, none of the stories that I myself watched showed BL's picture for more than a few seconds and none said that there was a manhunt or even an APB.

If there is an APB - what does it say? Does it say he's believed to be armed and dangerous? I have tried to find that info and cannot, so would appreciate the link very much. Does it say how he might be traveling? Did it come before or after DD's tip?

He doesn't fit in any the "drop down" menu items on fbi.gov fugitive website but he's a fugitive. They themselves have referred to him as such. MOO

“At this time there is no evidence to connect or any reason to believe it is related to the search for fugitive Brian Laundrie,” the FBI told WSOC-TV in a statement Sunday.
Body found near North Carolina park isn't Brian Laundrie: FBI

[Body was also just recently identified Body found off Blue Ridge Parkway identified, homicide investigation underway] JMO

I think it’s possible they had a cash stash within the van - you’ve raised an interesting point - if she had no Will (to be deposited it’s the Clerk of Court within 10 days of knowledge of death of testator -Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine)
Then it would follow intestate succession and her parents would be the heirs. The only reason to open an estate is to probate her assets and pursue wrongful death IMO

may need to watch the probate docket
JMO
Oh I had not even thought about wrongful death lawsuit. I did wonder if they were making payments on the van and how that would play out since LE still has possession of it. I doubt she has many other assets.

How do you know what's going on on their house? Don't they go days without coming out at all? We only see brief shots of them, with many hours of facial expressions and emotions away from the public eye.
My sister lost her husband and only child in the same year. When people comment on displays of grief she says - You can’t cry all the time.

@Hyway was this your question? "Where/when did Cassie say that she lived with GP and BL?"

It was on her lawn in the interview with the protestors. Not sure if it made it to the media thread or not. If not, Brian Entin has it on his Twitter feed but it's probably buried by now. MOO In response to screaming coming from the home "per the neighbors", she and her DH said they lived with them at Wabasso for a year b4 they moved into their house, and that never witnessed any abuse bc if they did they would have stopped it and never allowed it. Something to this effect. MOO
I actually meant where did they live together and over what period. But you answered that later in your post. I had a little chuckle at the misinterpretation of the where/when question. After rereading my post it does look like I was asking that. Just another example of things not always being what they look like

So...the family is rounded up, grand kids in tow and we head for the campground for a smoresfest. Part of the jamboree is a pink, polka dotted elephant wearing a clown hat and neon red lipstick.
Comes the day when questions about this outing arise...and nobody at the smoresfest remembers seeing, hearing, smelling, touching, petting, riding, tickling or talking to or about the elephant. One member of the party has gone missing. Two members of the party are totally zipped. The other member of the smoresfest admits it took place - but saw no elephant.
Since the missing guy is a moot point and the two zipped up members of the soiree are, well...zipped up. The remaining member gives up lawyer naughtiness and a touch of "Family Feud". Still no elephant. The situation requires meat, but is instead showered with molecular-sized bread crumbs. Armchair analysts of all stripes seize the bread crumbs and dissect them...looking for an elephant. Ain't there.
The court of public opinion is a fickle thing that gobbles breadcrumbs and extrapolates the shadow of elephants in the ciphering out of them as they are digested and eventually expelled.
Result? Buttoned lips, a fugitive on the run who knows where and a snipe hunt as big as the invasion of Stalingrad.
Still no elephant.
The sobering truth is nothing of substance will come from the Laundrie side of this horrible saga. Everyone will have to wait while the excruciatingly slow process that is the legal system either produces a fugitive or winds down and enters the world of cold cases. In which case, patience will not only be a virtue, but a necessity.
Nothing wrong with being furious. Fury tempered with wisdom and patience is very effective stuff.
In the meantime, there's an opportunity to express compassion, feel genuine sorrow for a young life expunged, and educate our daughters and sons about the signs and dangers of trying to fix people who need every ounce of your energy for repair...and never get repaired. The slap or punch you take and forgive, could have you lying decomposing where only miracles can find you.
MOOing...

You also get points for your previous mention of The Bad Seed, 1956. One scary movie.

Oh I had not even thought about wrongful death lawsuit. I did wonder if they were making payments on the van and how that would play out since LE still has possession of it. I doubt she has many other assets.
Though I do not hold this belief, if one believes the comments of many here, there could be intellectual property value to either or both of their so-called creative endeavors. Again, I don’t hold that in high esteem . But the public is fickle, and crazy stuff demands a lot of interest.

They were. They likely could tell from the messages that Gabby was missing. And it’s possible that BL had not told them that part and they just assumed the couple broke up and she went off somewhere safe like to her family, just as their son did. The implications of that is gut wrenching and they knew immediately they had a problem. More than they could handle. They knew someone who might have advice in such circumstances on how to handle LE.
When you tell the truth, there's nothing to handle. Decent people don't let the parents of a missing young woman twist in the wind. Just because an action/inaction is lawful doesn't mean it's morally correct. Gross. MOO.

Pure speculation… who would gain financially if Petito’s corpse had not been located. If not found, there’s likely have been at least the opportunity for a death certificate adequate for a payout.

I'm on a different page. I was on the page that they were hoping GP would not be found so they would eventually have to go to him with a deal for her location before the weather turned. I was initially thinking SB's play was to keep him quiet until they needed him so badly that they'd plead him out. Now I'm not sure of anything. As posted in the first reply, I wonder if he planned to flee before he even reached Florida (the cash question I raised). So, unfortunately, I think I'm useless on this point. JMO MOO

Of course if BL wants to continue hiding he's not going to go into the "tourist" part of Mexico. To get lost/hide you need to go "deep" into Mexico. RIP sweet Gabby. Justice is coming.
Mexico Travel Advisory This was as of July 2021. They were advising against (Level 3) due to Covid. It does have some information about various parts of Mexico and why they are considered unsafe.

You know, I don't think Mexico is a good choice for BL. They always advise travelers not to drink the water, but to drink bottled water instead. Due to that Mexico just got crossed off my list of possibilities where he's at. lol :p

Not picking on Mexico... I've heard that advice for a lot of countries when traveling the world.
<modsnip> . I don't think BL is in Mexico for a number of reasons. But if he is, I guarantee you that the Mexican authorities will be more than happy to send him back. JMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ground crews are off Powerline Road between North Port and Venice.

I am not a local. Just heard it here ( posted 2 hours ago ) :

Watching that searcher move through the grass, weeds and underbrush, it is obvious that this is not easy. Not to mention the assortment of critters there. More power and blessings to them. Let’s hope they find our little runaway.

I actually meant where did they live together and over what period. But you answered that later in your post. I had a little chuckle at the misinterpretation of the where/when question. After rereading my post it does look like I was asking that. Just another example of things not always being what they look like
It was confusing bc it was at the top of the post you quoted in the quoted part, but was not a part of the quoted posters post. So I thought it was your question mistakely caught up in the other post. Nbd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV