Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly are the risks of an innocent person talking to LE? Just talking to them, from the confines and protection of his own home. As BL could have and should have done immediately, with his lawyer present. I can see no risk to him whatsoever but maybe I'm not imaginative enough. You can talk to cops with your lawyer present. He didn't even do that.

If he was innocent there would be nothing at all for them to "catch" him saying or doing.

If he was partially guilty there would be, but whatever he did he should take responsibility and tell LE and the Petitos what happened instead of running like a coward.

BL's a privileged young man living with his parents in "good" neighborhood. Nothing was going to happen to him from talking to LE, IMO.

I need to be careful to avoid politics so I can't be as explicit as I'd like re: the bold portion above.

People have gone to jail or been penalized in other ways when they committed no crime prior to talking to LE. I am not saying that's a common outcome but it does happen. And it doesn't only happen to people from "bad neighborhoods" (although acknowledging it can happen at all partly answers your initial question, I think. And BL shouldn't be held to a different standard because of where his parents live.)

No one has to talk to LE. We can't be compelled to speak. And talking in one's own home vs a LE office doesn't make a difference re: risks. Finally I'd argue that no one is 100% innocent of everything.

I hope BL is found soon. And IF his parents did anything illegal, I'd expect them to face charges. But not speaking isn't a crime.
JMO

Interesting that they left, could he be in the police car with blacked out windows??? MOO
ETA - surely if they found him alive after all that time in the preserve they’d have to get him straight to a hospital, malnutrition and dehydration, they’d want him healthy to answer questions, all MOO

This view is labeled well for the all the remote areas out there and what they're called. That little loop at the bottom is very close to the Laundrie's home.

View attachment 317525
I was just watching the WFLA live and they said that shortly after the helicopter arrived, the police left and they followed them but they just returned to North Port. I think that is what that bottom loop is. MOO

In this view you can see the helicopter is very focused on the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. That is just below the Carlton Reserve, the actual 24,000+ acreage.

View attachment 317526
This is a news helicopter. Not necessarily focusing on any specific aspect of the formal search. They need to have establishing images, etc to tell their story on air to the so-called masses.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Cassie Laundrie unleashes after Gabby Petito homicide

Hi! I've been lurking on Websleuths for a LONG time and finally joined. This is my first post--I hope I do it correctly! :) Thanks for the site and allowing me in!

When I watched the interview that BL's sister, Cassie Laundrie, gave Monday, 10/4, she made a comment that struck me as odd. Maybe it's nothing at all except a common "turn of phrase", but I've never heard it in the way or context that she used it and wondered if it could have possibly been a "Freudian slip"... She said, "I'm in the boat where I'm getting ignored by my family and thrown under the bus by my family's attorney,"... I've heard the common saying "I'm in the same boat", when someone is having the same experience or feelings as someone else, but I have never heard what she said.

It just immediately struck me as an odd expression, and not in context, and made me wonder if A BOAT was planned for, or used by BL in his GOING MISSING. I'm curious if it struck anyone else that way. I'm certainly not accusing her of anything, just curious about the use of that particular phrase in the interview.

I am praying for Gabby's loved ones, a capture or discovery of BL SOON, and hoping for justice for Gabby--even though NOTHING short of restoring her beautiful life could possibly come close to justice. All MOO.
Welcome to Websleuths !

I was alarmed by the first account of the sister saying she hadn't seen him ; then afterwards amended to yes she'd possibly seen BL ?
The family lawyer SB did say that the interviewer/reporter may not have posed the question correctly ?
So there's that.
Imo.

Gabby's journal was filled with drawings related to her personal experiences

In a Facebook post celebrating the 22-year-old vlogger’s life, Brandon Williams described the relationship the two had.

Forensic scientist Jennifer Shen told The Sun that investigators may go through Gabby’s possessions to find out what her relationship with Laundrie was like.

“This could include a diary, bank records, personal records, anything that could shed insight into their lives together,” Shen said.

As the investigation continues, Shen says there will be "more and more evidence" into Gabby and Laundrie's relationship, which will have many wondering why no one saw red flags.

"These questions will linger, and may help lead to better practices when faced with observing, living with, or identifying toxic relationships," she told The Sun.
Gabby kept journals with drawings that could give crucial clues in case

Great first post, Innocent_Bystander! Makes good sense. I hope you're correct on this one -- but I do want his body found so that everyone can sleep better at night.

Welcome to Websleuths,
Innocent_Bystander !!

I was just watching the WFLA live and they said that shortly after the helicopter arrived, the police left and they followed them but they just returned to North Port. I think that is what that bottom loop is. MOO
That is possible but keep in mind that the NPPD is not that far from the Laundrie's home.

upload_2021-10-15_11-47-10.png

This is a fair thought. One I considered even initially. Then I wondered why go pick up the car and wait a total of 5 days after he left to alert LE to your concerns. Everyone is different as a parent, but I feel I would have been concerned the very first night he didn’t come home, note or no note.

MOO here.
I believe BL slipped out of the house sometime after parents went to bed on Monday. That was the last day they saw him, acc to corrected info. I think the initial Tuesday date that was reported was the day they realized he was gone. He may have left a note or a text, using that new phone his mother got him and that he left at home. We do not know any of that for sure but LE does.
Either the parents knew that Carlton was his favorite walk about spot, or he told him in note, so they went there finding the Mustang parked in the lot at entrance. The parents supposedly searched half the day there for him, left a note on the Mustang asking him to come home, and then returned again on Wednesday, searching again. They took the car that day because they got a notice to remove it and risked impoundment. That the notice was there on Wednesday would affirm that the car was not there when LE swept the lot Monday night.
I think they agonized on Thursday, consulted with attorney, about what to do. BL was an adult with no warrant out at that time; he was free to go anywhere he pleased. After refusing to speak or cooperate with authorities just days before, it had to be a difficult decision to ask them for help. They had to have filed a missing persons report with endangerment issues. And they then had to give LE access to the house and BL’s things.
BL was reported missing 3 days after parents noticed he was gone. Tues morning to Wed=1. Wed to Thurs = 2. Thurs to Fri = 3.
I applaud LE in exhibiting exemplary professionalism in this case. Dealing with the Laundries has to be galling
I need to be careful to avoid politics so I can't be as explicit as I'd like re: the bold portion above.

People have gone to jail or been penalized in other ways when they committed no crime prior to talking to LE. I am not saying that's a common outcome but it does happen. And it doesn't only happen to people from "bad neighborhoods" (although acknowledging it can happen at all partly answers your initial question, I think. And BL shouldn't be held to a different standard because of where his parents live.)

No one has to talk to LE. We can't be compelled to speak. And talking in one's own home vs a LE office doesn't make a difference re: risks. Finally I'd argue that no one is 100% innocent of everything.

I hope BL is found soon. And IF his parents did anything illegal, I'd expect them to face charges. But not speaking isn't a crime.
JMO

We have a hometown boy here who ended up on death row because he talked to much and got tripped up during questioning some years ago. DNA got him out of trouble. Happens more times than one likes. LE tends to focus on getting enough evidence to book a suspect in a case. That’s partly why a lawyer doesn’t like clients talking to LE even when innocent.

And if guilty, can give enough info to reduce plea offers. The less they have, the better off you are.

I don’t like the nastiness shown to Laundries because the right to remain silent is a very important right that often should be exercised. They were doing the right thing from a legal perspective.

Gabby's journal was filled with drawings related to her personal experiences

In a Facebook post celebrating the 22-year-old vlogger’s life, Brandon Williams described the relationship the two had.

Forensic scientist Jennifer Shen told The Sun that investigators may go through Gabby’s possessions to find out what her relationship with Laundrie was like.

“This could include a diary, bank records, personal records, anything that could shed insight into their lives together,” Shen said.

As the investigation continues, Shen says there will be "more and more evidence" into Gabby and Laundrie's relationship, which will have many wondering why no one saw red flags.

"These questions will linger, and may help lead to better practices when faced with observing, living with, or identifying toxic relationships," she told The Sun.
Gabby kept journals with drawings that could give crucial clues in case
Let’s hope the whole story is in the diaries and LE has them! We can all learn from this and save lives. Gabby won’t be forgotten, she was an influencer.

I’ve never had a situation that required a lawyer speak to the media for me, but in every instance of communication with the other party, I had to approve the messages the lawyers sent them. Even the most basic emails clarifying something simple, I had to sign off that it was what I wanted out there. Does it work the same way with lawyers communicating with the media? I can’t imagine that at least his more official statements like this (compared to the texts to reporters).

I know that lots of posters want to see the elder Laundries as decent people who are simply following what their attorney tells them, but he is speaking FOR THEM with these statements. I can’t imagine the Laundries, if they are just nice simple people who are/were worried about Gabby, are sad she died, and horrified at what their kid did, but are now trying to find their son, being OK with some of the stuff their mouthpiece is putting out there.

If they have to give their approval for what he shares with the media and his official statements, the bizarre stuff he says is exactly what they want to be said. Otherwise we would see them issue their own statement through a family appointed spokesperson or they would retain a new lawyer and issue a statement clarifying things, right?? The fact that they haven't tells us these are the words they want us to hear.
This ! ^^^
I agree.

I find myself being shocked by each offensive statement by SB, the Laundries' attorney. But then I caution myself by remembering who hired him and who must be in agreement with all of his representation. He does work for the Laundries; they are in charge of hiring and firing him. They must agree with his POV. At least they're consistent. Of course this is only my view and opinion.
Ita.
What's sad is that Gabby seems to be marginalized with each of the lawyer's prepared statements; and her brutal death by strangulation is being minimalized by the lawyer and maybe others ?
Imo.

Why did his parents prevent the police from seeing/speaking to Brian the night that the van was towed from the driveway? Is it because he was already out of the residence by then?
IMO yes - I think the camping trip was the meet/plan for hiding him and it was set in motion between 8/27-30. I believe the lawyer was involved from the beginning which I really do not have any issue with. Everyone is entitled to be protected by an attorney. I think the cell phones/computers will tell the story of what actually happened - who knew what and when did they know it?
JMO

JMO
BBM: Everyone knows this. Just because an action/inaction is lawful, doesn't mean that it's morally decent. Then again, I'd not expect a person who, IMO, has killed a person(not in self-defense)to be morally decent. BL has done exactly what was to be expected from him. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810