Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sale date for the condo states July 30. IMO, the escrow very likely would have taken 30 days to close which would mean all of their personal belongings had to be removed from the condo by the end of August
*if* they lived there. This actually makes sense to me and aligns with BL's trip back to Florida in August. Interesting if true.

MOO.
And when they started their trip or van life on July 2nd, they may not have expected that condo to sell as fast as it did.

So in essence BL possibly did go back and move all their things.

BBM...right off the bat, this is incorrect...it should be forensic ENTOMOLOGIST, not OPHTHALMOLOGIST...
Maybe they had both? Because look what a forensic ophthalmologist does:
"Vitreous is the most investigated body fluid for estimation of the post-mortem interval (PMI)-the time elapsed between death of a person and the time of the autopsy. Chemical changes in the constituent electrolytes after death (potassium, sodium, chloride, calcium, phosphate, urea, creatinine, and lactate) are used to estimate the PMI and help convict the murderer. . . "
A humor most incriminating

And Cassie emphatically called it a storage locker. jmo
I don't want to confuse things about this new news, but I lived in a condo & we had a storage locker included, in the basement. When the condo sold, we still had some time to clear our stuff out of both the unit & locker, about 5 weeks. (We were renters, so I don't know the actual closing terms for the owners.)

So I wonder if it was a storage locker in the condo building? That makes a bit more sense to me than a rented unit elsewhere. As in, flying home to save money by emptying a rental locker to save money (as reported) seems not at all economical. But, what if it was a storage locker assigned to the condo unit, & it wasn't a question necessarily of saving money, but that time was up?

JMO!

Maybe they had both? Because look what a forensic ophthalmologist does:
"Vitreous is the most investigated body fluid for estimation of the post-mortem interval (PMI)-the time elapsed between death of a person and the time of the autopsy. Chemical changes in the constituent electrolytes after death (potassium, sodium, chloride, calcium, phosphate, urea, creatinine, and lactate) are used to estimate the PMI and help convict the murderer. . . "
A humor most incriminating

yes, it's a possibility, but dr. blue definitely mentioned the entomologist, not an ophthalmologist, and the article does not...and honestly, after 3-4 weeks, i think an entomologist would have been of more use than an ophthalmologist...

I don't want to confuse things about this new news, but I lived in a condo & we had a storage locker included, in the basement. When the condo sold, we still had some time to clear our stuff out of both the unit & locker, about 5 weeks. (We were renters, so I don't know the actual closing terms for the owners.)

So I wonder if it was a storage locker in the condo building? That makes a bit more sense to me than a rented unit elsewhere. As in, flying home to save money by emptying a rental locker seems not at all economical. But if it was a storage locker assigned to the condo unit, it wasn't a question necessarily of saving money, but that time was up? JMO!
Right. But why all the obfuscation? Why was it such a secret? These people are very strange and secretive. jmo

I just watched it. That FBI expert? I didn't catch his name, whoever he was, made some great comments about the traffic stop. Said the Moab police made a mistake buddying up to BL during the stop. They should have gone over the various 911 calls of the incident in detail, according to him. He also said she showed the signs of Stockholm syndrome, making excuses for her abuser, blaming herself for everything instead. All the while BL was chatting, laughing with the police. and they showed BL even fistbumping one of the cops. Good presentation by CNN but nothing new, that I saw.

Here's the entire transcript for anyone who missed it. I'm highlighting the part where Gabby describes her injuries.

CNN.com - Transcripts

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So there's two people that came to us and told us that they saw him hit you. There's two people saying that they saw him punch you. Were just independent witnesses by Moonflower.

G. PETITO: Well to be honest, I definitely hit him first.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Where did you hit him?

G. PETITO: I slapped him on the face.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You slapped him first? And then, just on the face?

G. PETITO: He kept telling me to shut up.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: How many times did you slap him?

G. PETITO: Just a couple.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And then what? His reaction was to do what?

G. PETITO: Grabbed my arm, and so I (inaudible).

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He just grabbed you?

G. PETITO: Yes. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he - did he hit you though? I mean, I mean, it's OK if you're saying you hit him, and then I understand if he hit you, but we want to know the truth if he actually hit you, because you know?

G. PETITO: Well I guess, I guess, yes, but I hit him first.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Where did he hit you? Don't - don't worry, just be honest.

G. PETITO: Well, he like grabbed my face, and was like, I guess. He didn't like hit me in the face, like he didn't like punch me in the face or anything.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he slap your face or what?

G. PETITO: Well, like, he like grabbed me, like, with his nail, and I guess that's why it hurts. I definitely have a cut right here, because like I can feel it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes.

G. PETITO: When I touch it, it burns.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

SWECKER: Classic domestic violence scenario, the victim is Stockholmed, as we call it. In other words, they've become sort of the captive. They're very subservient to the male, or to the abuser. And they take the blame. They'll take the blame themselves and try to diffuse the situation.

And I saw that during the video, reviewing the video, of the traffic stop. He's portraying himself as calm and collected. But you see her, and she's very upset.

OK. But where did he move Gabby's stuff, if it was not to his parents home? jmo
I just read these last two pages to my husband, and he said to me "weren't Gabby's things missing?"

I made the comment, "I still think there was some type of blow up and break up and when he went back they unloaded the condo. God only knows what they did with her things."

I have my suspicions that there was a lot of communication between the two of them after he flew back to Florida, if they had broke up I think they were talking and working on getting back together. And that is why he went back.

And when they started their trip or van life on July 2nd, they may not have expected that condo to sell as fast as it did.

So in essence BL possibly did go back and move all their things.

IMO, this really makes sense. There may not have been anything nefarious at all about the trip back to Florida. I've known people who have had to change their plans suddenly when their house/condo sold quickly. It certainly happens.

I will also say that all of the plants on the balcony coupled with what I believe are Tibetan prayer flags hanging over the balcony looks and feels very much like something GP and BL would have outside.

Again, MOO.

New details about home where Gabby & Laundrie lived are revealed by her friend

ETA original link shared by another member here for clarity

Perhaps because while it's 'obvious' BL did it and appears guilty as can be. It is much better to have hard evidence as its not unheard of that someone has appeared guilty as could be and was wrongly convicted.

You don’t think they have any hard evidence? Just because you have not heard it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. moo but I don’t think they’d be searching this hard for him without evidence.

If B and G really did live together in a Laundrie-owned condo prior to their van life trip, I wonder why it was never mentioned that they did not in fact live with the Laundries? Not by Gabby’s family or by Cassie or anyone but Rose? It seems IMO to be a relevant piece of information.

Of course the Petito/Schmidt families should only share what they wish with us, because it’s not our business, but it does seem to put the backstory of B and G in a different light.

If it’s even true. For one, I see LOTS of plastic and other no-no’s in the 20 posted condo pictures, if that is where B and G lived. For another, I can’t shake my feeling about Rose. To me she seems to insert herself into the story a lot. Now she claims she fears for her safety if Brian is on the run, and also that she has a stalker.

But maybe I’m completely in the wrong and she’s a vitally important source of information.

I’ve no idea.

Could it have been thrown out? Gabby's family has said that they haven't received any of it back.
Remember the story that the parents said it was ok, that they had room for the stuff at their house. But LE said they are unaware of any of Gabby's stuff at the Laundrie home. So did he pitch it or destroy it in anger? Is it with the alligators in the reserve. Sheesh.....jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l