Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, this really makes sense. There may not have been anything nefarious at all about the trip back to Florida. I've known people who have had to change their plans suddenly when their house/condo sold quickly. It certainly happens.

I will also say that all of the plants on the balcony coupled with what I believe are Tibetan prayer flags hanging over the balcony looks and feels very much like something GP and BL would have outside.

Again, MOO.

New details about home where Gabby & Laundrie lived are revealed by her friend

ETA original link shared by another member here for clarity

Brian Laundrie is 'likely hiding in city where dad recently sold condo'

Is it just me or are parts of this article strangely worded?

I don't know about this article but last night I saw an article where the image of the lake was posted and it was described as Jenny Lake Wisconsin. Further down it correctly stated Wyoming.

Thank you. That does make it a lot more clear that it was open and not a tree in front of it. I thought I was seeing the ladder but it appears they took the ladder off? (Could it even be removed?)

So the ladder was gone and instead the door was opened a bit and then shut. Kind of strange and creepy.

But I don't think it indicates anything terribly important other than someone was in there and then shut the door as another vehicle came along. Maybe just to keep dust from the road out. Maybe to hide whatever they were up to in there.

We will probably never know, IMO.

The ladder wasn't gone, but I couldn't capture it. The vehicle that came along was the Bethunes.

The picture on the left is at his parents house as well as the one on the right.
The one in the middle doesn't look like the parents house at all. That large garage down the street doesn't exist on maps that i've seen. According to google maps that house is there, the garage must not be built yet.

Thanks for putting me on the right track - I see it now. :oops:

I REALLY think that if they lived there the media would have discovered that a month ago and the pictures would be all over the DailyMail. A background check would have revealed this as their address. And you know media runs that.

I don't believe that they lived there. I saw photos of this property about 3 weeks ago when it was reported that the Laundries used to live in Venice (I remember reading that Venice is considered a more up-market area than North Port).

It has been widely reported that the Laundries have owned and rented real estate over the years (hence their link with Steve Bertolino who is primarily a real estate lawyer). This is why I've felt certain that their portfolio of properties may have come in handy as stepping stones for Brian whilst he's been on the run.

I think the Laundries and their lawyer will have a fair idea (more so than the 'average' person) of available/vacant properties, or at least have the ability to find out. Again, useful to know if someone needs a base to hide for a night or two.

MOO

I don't believe that they lived there. I saw photos of this property about 3 weeks ago when it was reported that the Laundries used to live in Venice (I remember reading that Venice is considered a more up-market area than North Port).

It has been widely reported that the Laundries have owned and rented real estate over the years (hence their link with Steve Bertolino who is primarily a real estate lawyer). This is why I've felt certain that their portfolio of properties may have come in handy as stepping stones for Brian whilst he's been on the run.

I think the Laundries and their lawyer will have a fair idea (more so than the 'average' person) of available/vacant properties, or at least have the ability to find out. Again, useful to know if someone needs a base to hide for a night or two.

MOO

Well, if it is not that condo there is another condo that Rose has been to, where Gabby and BL lived.

"She did not live with the Laundrie parents," Davis said in the live video.
"They had a condo that the parents paid for."

She went on to discuss how hard it was to think about how she had previously stayed and hung out at the condo Gabby, 22, and her fugitive fiancé, 23, had called home before they left for their cross-country road trip.
New details about home where Gabby & Laundrie lived are revealed by her friend

The problem is the frame rate. I had to advance the video one second at a time and I think that's why the ladder wasn't captured. It happened very quickly in real time and even 1 second makes a difference. I couldn't slow it down any more. Believe it or not, I spent hours doing these few photos.
I wonder if you were able to lighten it, if you'd be able to see who was in there.

I would suppose the same thing they have done to keep a lot of other information relating to their investigation out of the public.
Like how? If it has been spoken of, how are they keeping it out of circulation? Stuff we dont know but they do is just that, but stuff that is out is out. All the discouraging in the world will not stop it and what would it matter where they lived months ago, to the case?

Gabby did not have the luxury of being next to an ER to be examined. And we do not have the luxury of knowing the exact mechanism of death because the coroner declined to tell us. We do not know the hyoid was broken and we do not know the trachea was ruptured.

All we know is there was some kind of evidence of injury to the neck structures that would lead to a conclusion of manual strangulation. We don't know what that injury was. Fracture of the thyroid cartilage? Survivable. Bleeding into the deep soft tissue of the neck? Survivable. Over a period of hours, in the absence of medical examination and treatment, it is entirely possible that slow accumulation of edema or hematoma in the epiglottic region could lead to the death of an unassisted person. It is not, IMO, impossible that Gabby was injured but still alive when BL left.
So what would that mean, if he strangled her and she was still clinging to life when he took off and left? Does that make much of a difference at all?

"Wyoming restaurant fight is key to manhunt, FBI behavioral analyst says

Dr. Ann Wolbert Burgess, who pioneered the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, says the argument between fugitive Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito that witnesses observed at a Wyoming restaurant on Aug. 27 may be the key to Petito's tragic fate.

One of the last times Petito, 22, was seen alive involved an explosive argument between Laundrie, 23, and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant called Merry Piglets, witness Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News Digital in September.

"The restaurant incident … is the second and most important," Burgess, author of the forthcoming book "A Killer by Design: Murders, Mindhunters, and My Quest to Decipher the Criminal," told Fox News Digital of two events prior to Petito's death that she said raised red flags.

The forensic nurse said the other significant incident, indicative of serious problems in their relationship and danger in Laundrie's actions, was the domestic dispute called in on Aug. 12 in Moab, Utah.

"How she has to apologize for his behavior is something that's kind of characteristic, and this probably enrages him even more because he wants to appear in a certain way," Burgess said of the incident at the restaurant.

At one point, Petito came inside and apologized for Laundrie’s behavior, according to Angelo.

The restaurant incident, Burgess said, was "on the day or very close to the day that she is murdered," Burgess said. "

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Wyoming restaurant fight is key, FBI behavioral analyst says

Another narrative:

BL and GP arrive at the Spread Creek camp site. She works on her project and he hikes off on his own, taking the debit card with her permission to use if he needed anything, a ride back, food, supplies, etc. Since she is camping near the van, she has everything she needs, supplies, food, her phone, etc.

BL hitchhikes back to GP, getting two rides.

BL finds GP dead and is afraid he'll be charged so he takes the van and goes home to get help from a lawyer.

Does it really matter what the people thought of him when they gave him rides? They can say, "he didn't smell as if he'd been hiking for two days," but how else did he get up to Colter Bay? Probably hiked. So, maybe he's not a smelly guy, or he cleaned up.

Oh, he only had a tarp in a backpack. Weird, but people can be weird. They guy hikes around barefoot apparently. I think that's weird too. So what?

Yes, he used the bank card. Probably for food and gas to get home.

Yes, it wasn't his account. Lots of people in relationships let their SO use their debit card. It sounds as if they were sharing the one bank account. People can do that. My understanding is that it's not a crime to use someone's bank card unless they report it as fraud. If he says knew she was dead, but he didn't kill her, and he drove home using the "shared" bank account, he may still be convicted of wrongly using it, but using the bank card doesn't prove that he killed her.

I hope they have some rock solid evidence, but the remains were out there for 3-4 weeks, and that, I believe, is an estimate. The defense may be able to argue that she could have been out there for 4-5 weeks and BL was home by then.

The defense may want to do another autopsy but they are unable to because the remains were cremated.

I'm sure there are lots of ways to pick apart a circumstantial case.
There is a couple of problems with that narrative above, imo. For example, I have never heard that she had a camp right there near where she was found. In fact, we heard her tell the cops that she was very afraid of sleeping alone in the van. So I doubt she ever told him to go ahead and leave her while he went off on a mini vacay alone.

Also, he had her phone with him when he was traveling home. He sent a text or two from it. One text was pretending to be her. That does not fit with the above 'innocent' narrative.

There is a couple of problems with that narrative above, imo. For example, I have never heard that she had a camp right there near where she was found. In fact, we heard her tell the cops that she was very afraid of sleeping alone in the van. So I doubt she ever told him to go ahead and leave her while he went off on a mini vacay alone.

Also, he had her phone with him when he was traveling home. He sent a text or two from it. One text was pretending to be her. That does not fit with the above 'innocent' narrative.
I agree, from what we saw on the bodycam footage she wasn't comfortable being on her own, even more so in a rural setting like Spread Creek. She stayed in the hotel in SLC on her own with wifi etc and was able to upload the video to YouTube, but I can't see her working on her blog and being a happy camper in the area where her body was discovered moo

I REALLY think that if they lived there the media would have discovered that a month ago and the pictures would be all over the DailyMail. A background check would have revealed this as their address. And you know media runs that.

I agree with you. It's quite odd that this condo could have been hidden all this time from the press if it was occupied by G&B. Didn't condo neighbors notice them? Ever? And Rose has been blathering to the Daily Mail and the Sun newspapers for over a month. But it's only now she reveals G&B didn't live where everyone seems to think they lived? And all this time the Laundries have been criticized for not caring about the whereabouts of a member of their household...who actually wasn't? But if this is true, it makes even more sense why RL might not have answered the phone when NP called. Just surprised NP had the number if GP never lived with RL. And why the hysteria over GP's stuff not being in the Laundrie house? If she never lived there, it wouldn't be except maybe in the garage after the condo clean out. But even then it wouldn't be packed separately from BL's condo stuff

I do think some of those condo photos were "staged." But not entirely. Very odd decor for people in their early 20's. And not a real bookcase in sight for all the books BL was always reading. And while the storage locker story never made sense neither does this. IF they did live in the condo, how could they casually drive off into the sunset in June in a van leaving a condo full of junk behind? Even if it didn't sell fast, it surely was going to sell before their trip ended in Oregon in Oct/early Nov. And apparently they were considering staying out west in the winter ..but using the condo as a big storage locker? Surely it was known the Laundries planned to sell the condo when they left for NY.

Plus, whenever I've looked at real estate listings, the "sold on" date means sold, NOT just under contract. NOT let's schedule the time for the closing. But sold. Ownership transferred. Done deal.. If that happened on July 30, why did it take weeks for BL to return to clear it out? Of course, if the Laundries actually made B&G sign a lease, that lease would go with the property and have to be honored by the new owners, at least that's true in NC with someone paying the rent. (B&G? Laundries?). But why make them sign a lease if it was given to them as a free place to live while the owners were the Laundries?

About the only thing that might make sense...NP's difficulty with getting to the right LE to report GP missing. It sounds like GP no longer had a fixed address. That maybe they really did intend to live as nomads semi-permanently. Odd.

JMO

It comes down to reasonable doubt. Is there something that reasonably could have happened other than BL doing it?
1) They were fighting on this trip to the point of DV report.
2) He liked to take long treks and did, alone
3) Not unreasonable that they fought snd he left her alone
4) Someone else could have come to campsite and have found her alone, attacked and killed her
5) He could have returned to find her gone, then found body , panicked and run. Afraid because of the fighting , he’d get blamed.

I don’t feel that happened. Not a bit, but could it reasonably have happened?
If her body had been found, right there by the van, then that would be more of a possibility. But it was not right there. So if he came back and she was gone, he would have had to go search for her. What are the odds that he would have quickly found her?

And didnt the report mention the body was partially covered? That wouldn't fit with him happening upon her body and running.

Also, he left with her phone. Wouldn't she have it with her?

If someone found her at the campsite and kidnapped and killed her, I'd think there would be a crime scene. Did he pack up that campsite, in spite of him knowing that crime scene could prove who the real killer was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en