Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, did the bank notify her mom? Or mom could just check the accounts on her own?
We are speculating that bank did or a monthly regular statement did or her mum may just have enquired and the info was provided..
It's possible Gabby used her mum's address for her bank account, she'd moved to Florida but lots of people do not alter their original addresses when they move home temporarily

Retracted or just not retained?
Lots of links don't stand up when searches are performed at a later date because the news agency does not retain copy.
That's a bit different to retracted in meaning.

i'll just put it this way...if the story WAS retracted, it might not necessarily be because it is not true...i also don't think any news agency would allow stories less than a month old to disappear from their website, especially on a case with as much interest as this one has...MOO...i also think if this story is true, MSM would be all over it unless they were asked not to...again, MOO...

bbm
Agreed.
I'm wanting to know when BL was seen alone on video camera using her card ?
It will also help narrow down the last day she was alive. :(
Imo.

IMO - pure speculation, it was the night of the 29th - the night he left Spread Creek for his return to Florida or, if he used his own card that night, it was the next day. It was en route home. MOO. IMO. JMO (Based on my belief only that she was gone by the 27th and he was gone by the 29th because the reports do not say it was used in WY at Colter Bay, etc.) MOO

So, did the bank notify her mom? Or mom could just check the accounts on her own?
I do not know. I came into the thread when this convo was pages deep. I've never fully understood how her mother became so involved in the fact that he used her accounts. I mean, I know she knows, but I always thought this was because LE alerted her to this. MOO

IMO - pure speculation, it was the night of the 29th - the night he left Spread Creek for his return to Florida or, if he used his own card that night, it was the next day. It was en route home. MOO. IMO. JMO (Based on my belief only that she was gone by the 27th and he was gone by the 29th because the reports do not say it was used in WY at Colter Bay, etc.) MOO
What do you think he was really doing those two days he was supposed to be camping out near Jackson? The days he was hitchhiking?

Do you ever just get the feeling something is very very off with someone close to you so you call to make sure they are OK…then you keep calling till you speak to them?
It’s just a feeling, but can’t shake that as the drama was intensifying in GP’s last hour or few, Grandpa Stan kept ringing to no avail. After the deed was done mom receives the ‘call Stan’ text from BL via GP phone. This isn’t so much an opinion as the dark imaginings of my sentimental mind and a genuine hope that S is not living with this added anguish.
That's another thing they are keeping close to the vest and won't release. I would really like to know if Grandpa ever really did call and call. Just as I'd like to know what she was wearing at Merry Piglets - and whether she was found in those same clothes (bc I think it happened on the 27th, after Merry Piglets). And, as I would like to know what BL said to the people sitting next to him on the plane. Because I'm sure he said something. MOO IMO JMO

Last edited:
It doesn't say Colter Bay specifically but it does say the District of Wyoming and elsewhere. Is that what you mean? MOO

That's another thing they are keeping close to the vest and won't release. i would really like to know if Grandpa ever really did call and call. Just as I'd like to know what she was wearing at Merry Piglets - and whether she was found in those same clothes. And, as I would like to know what BL said to the people sitting next to them on the plane. Because I'm sure he said something. MOO IMO JMO
I would like to know if she was covered by a tarp or anything when found.

Not if your father called and told you that the storage locker and the condo that it went with were sold, and it needed to be emptied. I don't think he really had an option.
Right and they may have had items in the locker they didn't want mom and dad to have to deal with. JMO

Richard Stafford told the "Dr. Phil" show on Tuesday: "He ran, he stole her credit card, he used her credit card to get home, and then ran from the police. That's going to show a lot what he was thinking back then."

Authorities previously accused Laundrie of using an "unauthorized" bank card after Petito's death, but did not say that it belonged to Petito.

An arrest warrant, which was issued for Brian Laundrie last month, accused him of spending $1,000 on an "unauthorized" Capitol One debit card in the days following Petito's death.
(old link Brian Laundrie used Gabby Petito's bank card in the days after she was last seen alive, lawyer says)

I think it's possible, if not likely she would have checked with them prior to making large withdrawals of expenditures or bank alerted them or a monthly statement arrived.
BBM. I think it highly likely she would have given them a head's up. jmo

It doesn't say Colter Bay specifically but it does say the District of Wyoming and elsewhere. Is that what you mean? MOO
What doesn't? The warrant? Yeah, I guess that's an interesting thought. Technically, if it only happened in a jurisdiction outside of Wyoming, and not also in Wyoming, another field office could be the lead. Maybe because it's all intertwined with GP, and GP was found in WY, WY is the jurisdiction, and the Denver field office is the lead investigative agency? IIRC. MOO

Last edited:
McCandless as in Chris McCandless "Into the Wild" was hardly a mountain man, he actually got a pair of boots from the last men to see him alive and dropped Chris off, because he was so ill-prepared equipment and ultimately knowledge wise. Chris was a novice but even he likely had more experience for life in the woods than Brian.

Exactly. But he did survive and others learned from him. Maybe choose a better climate.

What doesn't? The warrant? Yeah, I guess that's an interesting thought. Technically, if it only happened in a jurisdiction outside of Wyoming, and not also in Wyoming, another field office could be the lead. Maybe because it's all intertwined with GP, and GP was found in WY, WY is the jurisdiction, and the Denver field office is the lead investigative agency? IIRC. MOO
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant the indictment. MOO

Brian-Laundrie-Count-1.jpg

Federal Judge Issues Arrest Warrant for Brian Laundrie

Wouldn't that be on the top of the US Marshals' list of places to check, though?

It would be very hard for the parents to help him undetected, IMO.
What if he was already set up for a long while and never had to come out of the house? They certainly had time to plan this. I hope all his parents properties are being watched, but what about the L's friends and other family? Idk because it seems that the search has been focused on Carlton Reserve. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298