Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO. But if the remains turn out to be BL.. And that area where they were found has been underwater since he went missing… well he wasn’t camping in the water. He went there for one reason, and I doubt it was to swim in the swamp. This whole case is sad and crazy.

I'm confused by SB tonight stating to Cuomo that the parents reported BL missing to LE the SAME night he didn't return from his "hike." If true, how does this explain the "confusion" over their first report that he went hiking on the 14th and later realizing they had "misremembered" and that BL had actually left on the 13th? It doesn't make sense to me that the wrong date would be stated / publicized if the parents indeed made the report the very same day. Did this information come only from SB, or did NPPD confirm it? Does anyone else understand how the wrong date became public in view of tonight's new statement from SB? Sorry if this was already explained and I missed it. Thanks! MOO.
we all witnessed the lawyer reporting him missing on Friday, and the mustang story on Saturday. In fact, iirc, he even had 2 different days for recovery of the mustang. This new business is a bunch of CYA. They didn't even admit he went missing on Monday until about 2 weeks later, as their initial story was on Tuesday. But reported 4 days later. If they reported on the day he went missing as the lawyer NOW says, then why did they change the day later on. Oh what a tangled web they weave....

Imo

Last edited:
The one i watched appeared to show the parents alone for at least 5 minutes or so as they walked down that road, then ChL veered off into the brush and came back with that bag. I think that is a bit convenient.
Maybe suspicious even.
MOO

Might you have a link to that? I'd really like to see it.
Let me see if I can get it, my computer is being horribly slow, or the WS server is, not sure which.
Here is this one in case you didn't see it.

EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Laundrie's parents discovered items possibly belonging to fugitive son

Thanks but that link has a 30 second at most clip that doesn't show ChL veering off into the brush.

Linnea Lomax was found dead by her own mother nearly 3 months after she disappeared. There were multiple searches in the area where she was eventually found.

It can happen. JMO.

Linnea Lomax Hanged Herself, Her Father Says
Similar to the Tess Richey case. She, too, was found by her mother, and the Toronto Police Service was heavily criticized. Police mistakes are not rare, as we've seen in this case. Sometimes parents do a better job! But the swiftness and purpose with which CL headed into the brush and came out with the bag is quite surprising to me. MOO.
Murder of Tess Richey - Wikipedia
"...her body was discovered by her mother at the bottom of an outdoor stairwell two houses from where she was last seen. A homicide investigation led to the arrest of Kalen Schlatter, who has been convicted of first-degree murder.
The Toronto Police Service (TPS) was criticized for failing to find the body when it was so close to where Richey had disappeared."

and ssd, latest drives make that even longer
that said I do not think he had a computer that required significant electricity and there was no internet so whats the point.
A Notebook has a battery and if using just for documents does not require an internet connection. I'm just hoping it was electronic and not a Steno pad. I would refer to paper and ink as a journal and not a Notebook. I hope we find out.

Not sure but I seem to remember sort of at the beginning of searching someone mentioned that sometimes the dogs might need new articles to sniff for scent if there had been recent rain or new water coming in. Can't find the post. Just what I remember reading here.

I believe that is when K9s are searching for a living breathing person that they need an article of clothing or a shoe belonging to the person they are tasked with locating.

Cadaver Dogs sniff cadaverine which the dead body begins emitting shortly after the person dies but it's best for the K9s search 8-9+ hours after TOD.

K9 cadaver dog joins Brian Laundrie search in Florida

"A senior law enforcement official said that what appear to be partial human remains have been found in Florida's Carlton Reserve in a location that had previously been submerged.... DNA testing to follow."

What appears to be partial human remains were found... It wasn't obvious at all if it was human, animal, reptile, or other.
I do think they’re stating this cautiously, but that they are more certain than they suggest. I say this because human bones are formed quite differently than other types of animal bones, for example the unique arrangement of the osteons inside our bones. These would be discernible to a trained eye like the medical examiner, for example. JMO

I thought this was interesting.

.."determining the length of time a body has been underwater, or the post-mortem submerged interval (PMSI), can be very challenging. One way is to examine the decomposition stage of several areas of the body, but factors like water salinity, depth, tides, temperature, presence of bacteria and scavengers can make PMSI estimation difficult. But bones are stronger than soft tissues.."
Bone proteomics could reveal how long a corpse has been underwater

Not sure but I seem to remember sort of at the beginning of searching someone mentioned that sometimes the dogs might need new articles to sniff for scent if there had been recent rain or new water coming in. Can't find the post. Just what I remember reading here.
Sounds like you're talking about a trailing dog and not a HRD dog that the OP was talking about. JMO.
Trailing is a test of a dog's ability to distinguish and follow one person's scent and identify that person.

Tracking vs. Trailing - American Bloodhound Club

Might you have a link to that? I'd really like to see it.

Thanks but that link has a 30 second at most clip that doesn't show ChL veering off into the brush.

Here it is, scroll down about half way:

Brian Laundrie search: Human remains found near fugitive's belongings in Florida park

ETA: Forgot to add that we don't know how often CL was going off the sides of the trail and checking the deep bush or thickets. For all we know this was the 10th time he did it. Short clips like this can be misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89