Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Food for thought...
Another feature of dry bags is that they float. The process of sealing a dry bag traps air inside the bag. Should your boat capsize, the bag will remain floating—allowing for easy retrieval.

Uness this bag punctured assuming thats what we saw in the pic? I would expect it's contents not to be pristine.

Depends. I sometimes remove all air from it because it creates space. Many times we're using it simply as a backup and throwing it in a duffle bag, etc...with zero concerns about it's floating capability.

Hmmm yeah, no, would they really not have been accused? Maybe they had gloves in their backpack with the gallons of water they were carrying.
I think there would still be speculation that their prints would be found until LE announced whatever down the road. But them picking up the bag and making sure they both touched it really makes people question the reason.

anyone notice when the L’s were on the trail with LE after finding the bag, The Officer was showing them something on, IMO, a phone perhaps? (RL and CL had their backs to whoever was recording.) RL, with her hands tightly holding the bag they found, CL leans in a little closer to look at what the Officer was presenting and then it’s a moment. A brief moment. But RL reaches her hand up to CL faces and appears to wipe something off his cheek and then her hand drops to wipe it on her shirt. Eyelash or tear? Whatever he was showing to the L’s and that quick tear wipe (it’s a mom wipe as I call it, with my own kids), this was a heavy moment for CL. MOO.

my first post here. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing! I’ll get there!

It is not at all confusing. You've shared a very natural human response by the Laundrie's when they probably were first shown an image of their child's body after the water and critters likely ravaged it. It is a very touching moment shared between the parents of their very ill child who did something horrific to Gabby. He couldn't live with himself because of what he'd done.

The Gabby Petito Foundation will help many DV victims in the future. My condolences go to every family member effected and to all Law Enforcement Officers, including Diesel.

In case anyone wants to donate...
https://www.thegabbyfoundation.com/

I really don't think under those circumstances I would remember my own name. But even so...if they were trying to hide something, he wouldn't have brought the bag out for all the world to see. Maybe I'm not very creative, but I can't imagine what investigation they might ruin by touching a bag known to be their son's.
You might be right, I can’t pretend to know what they were going through in that moment. I personally don’t think they were trying to hide or plant anything, I am definitely not trying to suggest that. As far as what touching it would ruin, it might not have done any harm. It’s just standard practice to let LE bag evidence so chain of custody is maintained. Already by carrying it, this has led to all kinds of speculation, & say in a court proceeding them having done that could confound things (eg in a trial the LE who found evidence testifies that they found it). Looks like court likely won’t happen, tho… I guess a possible risk is they could have messed up his prints so it might not be provable that he had brought it there. It will fuel all kinds of speculation if for example only Dad’s prints are on there. Definitely not saying that happened, but that’s just the general risk IMO with touching evidence.

I googled it.

While water can damage a hard drive's electronics, the data itself is stored magnetically. It will remain there on the platters, which is why professionals can still recover information from a water damaged hard drive.Sep 11, 2020
and ssd, latest drives make that even longer
that said I do not think he had a computer that required significant electricity and there was no internet so whats the point.

BBM I have been trying not to think about this all day, but here we are. I'm no stranger to that smell and have on one occasion torn the kitchen wall out to retrieve a deceased lizard that was haunting our house. So do swamps smell so badly that one wouldn't smell a cadaver? And, what happened to the buzzards so many were sure would be circling? :( MOO
I think we discussed vultures earlier -- they don't always go for a particular deceased body. I also don't know if they go for bodies that are under water.

JMO

Perhaps in BL's bug out bag, he had duct tape. If someone uses duct tape they can leave fingerprints on the sticky side of the tape and if the tape is folded over those fingerprints survive being left out in the elements and getting wet. Past murder cases have found trace DNA in duct tape and in one case the person was prosecuted for kidnapping A young girl, torturing her for a week and then field dressed her like A deer while she was alive before taping her with duct tape to A tree in a wildlife area. It was 30 degrees and she was alive for a couple of hours before hunters called LE when they saw her. By the time LE arrived, she had passed away. 40 years later LE was able to pull the killers trace DNA from inside the duct tape and her killer was found 40 years after her murder and is currently spending life in prison. Hopefully BL was using duct tape while on the run..IMO

Absolutely no mention of duct tape has been made in this case from day one until now. I highly doubt it will come in to play, randomly, apropos of nothing.

I totally believe this about Diesel. These dogs are trained to sniff cadaverine. A dead body under water can be detected as the odor rises to the surface. Ultimately, it depends on if the dog was taken to this spot while Landrie was submerged. Only the FBI or LE can confirm that for us though.

The Laundrie attorney states this was happenstance. I find the events of the day to be bizarre; not serendipity.

jmoo

Not sure but I seem to remember sort of at the beginning of searching someone mentioned that sometimes the dogs might need new articles to sniff for scent if there had been recent rain or new water coming in. Can't find the post. Just what I remember reading here.

WFLA footage of the blue tent, which may just be being used as posting for the yellow tape. But a decent aerial shot of some of the area that LE is closing off for more investigation tomorrow, presumably:

I totally believe this about Diesel. These dogs are trained to sniff cadaverine. A dead body under water can be detected as the odor rises to the surface. Ultimately, it depends on if the dog was taken to this spot while Landrie was submerged. Only the FBI or LE can confirm that for us though.

The Laundrie attorney states this was happenstance. I find the events of the day to be bizarre; not serendipity.

jmoo

Not sure but I seem to remember sort of at the beginning of searching someone mentioned that sometimes the dogs might need new articles to sniff for scent if there had been recent rain or new water coming in. Can't find the post. Just what I remember reading here.

I googled it.

While water can damage a hard drive's electronics, the data itself is stored magnetically. It will remain there on the platters, which is why professionals can still recover information from a water damaged hard drive.Sep 11, 2020
I think "notebook" in this case means something you would write in. I could be wrong.

google told me 15 feet underground.
probably even better if carried by water or in air
oh and apparently
remains up to 30 meters underwater
and are 95% accurate
Edit... they can detect for a few miles with wind flow
Since you found the information saying It's a few miles can you give us a link please?

I'd really like to read how a HRD dog will alert to remains a few miles away. Thanks.

you see this video? it appears as if the parents were alone and ChL knew right where to go to find that bag.
Almost like they could have planned this. MOO

EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Laundrie's parents discovered items possibly belonging to fugitive son
When I click the link, it starts with the "mini-conference" the parents are having after RL already has possession of the bag. Is there a different link (Or maybe FOX has edited the original as I've tried to play it from different user posts'.

"A senior law enforcement official said that what appear to be partial human remains have been found in Florida's Carlton Reserve in a location that had previously been submerged.... DNA testing to follow."

What appears to be partial human remains were found... It wasn't obvious at all if it was human, animal, reptile, or other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member