Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Time for them to go home. I was okay when they were there while BL was "missing", more so just as pressure for the parents to talk to authorities and give up any info they had. But that time has come and gone. Not understanding the point of them still being there.

Is it now just to "punish" the Laundries for their perceived lack of transparency and/or empathy?
It is also for attention on their SM. Jmo

It was not a raid. jmo

They had every reason to notify Gabby's parents that the van and Brian were home, and that Gabby was not with him. jmo

I don't think the families were that close. And, both Gabby and Brian were legal adults, so if Brian said Gabby stayed behind for whatever reason--his parents likely believed him and figured Gabby would be in touch with her own parents.

I have a question. If you want an email to be sent at a specific date in the future, how does that work?
How far in advance can you schedule an email?
Is it then stored on your device, or is it already on a server somewhere?
Can you recall it if you don't want it to be sent at the date you scheduled it to be sent?
If it's not on a server but on your device, does your device have to be on stand by?
And how long does a full battery remain on standby and able to send off a scheduled email?

I'm wondering if BL scheduled an email for his parents with a location and instructions to be received after 4-5 weeks?
And then leave his notebook and belongings stored in waterproof bags, up in a tree or something. And subsequently walk into alligator infested waters and shoot himself?

It will be interesting if ME is able to get a good time of death. IMO I don't think BL originally went to CR to kill himself because he took the car & backpack probably filled w/supplies. IMO he went there to 'clear his head' get 'straight' w/what happened (not what he did to GP). To him, I think, it was just something that happened that she caused. As food began to run low, the car was gone, LE & helicopters getting closer & closer... no escape, no way he was going to be put in a cage...he is the only one in charge...no way is anyone going to tell him what to do. So, he did the most self-centered thing he could do...but I don't think he did this until he was there a while...maybe after CL went there w/LE.
JMOO
I agree. I don’t think you take your laptop to a swamp if you’re planning on suicide. Especially if you keep it in a dry bag. He was planning to live IMO.
This could actually be an accidental drowning.

Since I don’t live in FL, could someone familiar with that area of the preserve answer some questions for me please?

Assuming BL entered that area on September 13th, was it dry then? Are there areas there that are habitable and yet dense enough for him to hide? Gabby was reported missing on September 11th, so when did LE actively start looking for BL? When would that preserve area have become “flooded”? If his parents said the area yesterday where remains were found was the area where he would have entered on September 13th, why would BL still be in that same area, why wouldn’t he have moved from there? Or did he just go in there and commit suicide shortly after? So many questions, and I appreciate any input from those in FL or familiar with the preserve. Thank you!
This doesn't fully answer your question, but here's a good link for a weather almanac you can change the date and scroll to look at precipitation.

North Port, FL Weather History | Weather Underground

Yes, usually, but does depend on the condition. I am a bit worried if he was in swamp water for 5 weeks… fingers crossed they have enough to test. Coroner said yesterday ID might only take a day or two so hopefully they have some decent material.
Thanks for the helpful info. I am a bit worried too, tbh. That environment is extremely harsh on remains, as is submergence in water. Jmo

Agreed, <modsnip> It's ok to be young, a dweeb, easily offended but the average person doesn't fly into a murderous rage that indicts something far out of the norm. But I'll leave that to the expert/professionals.
But could be used as a cautionary tale/warning for young couples to look out for fits of rage. It may save the next young woman's life.

"Warning for young couples to look out for fits of rage. It may save the next young woman's life".

But we must have teaching for males as well.

This was a couple. Couples do have ways to drive the other crazy. I fully agree that Brian was jealous, weak, and gaslighting, whether he realized it or not. But I strongly believe that both female and male knew how to push each other's buttons.

I just do not believe we are being just, by continuing to dismiss that Gabby had nothing to do with their problems.

Last edited:
That is definitely quite a big rip in the bottom of the bag. What do you think is poking out? Looks like something hard, black and angular. Phone, laptop, charging station, butt of a gun???
When I first saw it, I thought it was a stubby antenna on a radio and that he’d been communicating with his parents.

I have a question. If you want an email to be sent at a specific date in the future, how does that work?

indefinite, however long you would like

as long as the email service remains active I'm sure you could send an email in 2050 if you want to

would be odd if you made a mistake with the shopping list and got an email 30 years later telling yourself to buy milk lol

What if BL was murdered not died of natural causes (starvation/thirst/animal attack) wouldn't you want to know?
The pregnant possibilities in this statement are so mouth watering as to have me pondering the possibilities of two (or more) lammists scrambling with BL over a phone or a granola bar.
Don't send me there Xman...don't do it!
;) :)

When his parents initially went to pick up the Mustang didn't they briefly look for Brian? If they found where he was so easily yesterday couldn't they have just as easily found him that day? I'm paraphrasing here but it does seem a bit odd. Maybe they just didn't look very thoroughly. FWIW, I do believe he's been in that spot since very early on. Probably when his parents retrieved the car. JMO

ETA: Or the water was too high then. I'm unsure of exact dates, this was just a question that came to me.

I agree. I don’t think you take your laptop to a swamp if you’re planning on suicide. Especially if you keep it in a dry bag. He was planning to live IMO.
This could actually be an accidental drowning.

The contents of the dry bag & the rucksack will be so revealing.
It's unfortunate that they only wanted to tell us about one item - his notebook.

A WSer posted some magnified images of the dry bag a few threads back but have forgotten her name so can't tag her in. Be interested, if you saw the posts, if you thought they looked like rips - looked like rips to me, but you'd know better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member