Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN did he tell them to be quiet....sounds to me like long before NS called. Why wouldn't they have called NS when Brian showed up without Gabby? on the 1st.... jmo Maybe they got their instructions before BL even arrived home. jmo
My guess is that BL knew exactly when the Petito/Schmidts were starting to get antsy because I assume they were texting him (and GP’s phone) before they started in on his parents. I think that he gave his parents just enough information to know that he was in serious trouble and they contacted their family lawyer who gave them the advice not to talk to anyone, including and especially GP’s family.

I really think, especially after listening to the Bertolino/Cuomo interview that BL put his parents in a no-win situation and that they have been muddling through as best as possible in horrific circumstances. I also think that there have to be some serious questions asked about how LE handled the BL situation, especially before the FBI took over. I expect there will be an investigation into that once BL is identified and GP’s case is closed.

Why would authorities be fingerprinting the bag found yesterday? It is useful in that it might indicate where BL, a missing person, is. His parents have identified it as his bag. The remains found nearby are undergoing testing to determine the identity. I just don't see why any of the belongings would be fingerprinted at all and why it would matter if the Ls fingerprints are there too. Edit: MOO

Last edited:
Why? Is it not typical practice to wear gloves with potential crime scene, potential "other" unknown occurrence scene etc..?
I've believed from the beginning that Brian was in the reserve, deceased by suicide. If that is the case I actually don't believe that was a self-centered act. Just my opinion.
THIS ... really. Engaged BL and GP spent approx. 87 straight days in a van together, BL drives 3500 miles back across the country alone without GP, LE seizes HER van, and BL disappears and now apparently was located, COD unknown at this point, but if determined by suicide, IMO... self centered act, to exit by choice, to avoid the due process of investigation in death of GP. JMO

I don't think suicide is the easy way out or cowardly. The amount of pain a person feels to take that action is beyond measure. And to die alone and perhaps prolonged and painfully is not an easy thing.

I don't know what happened with Brian and Gabby. But regardless, I do have compassion for both lives ended too soon.

Gawd! Its worse than I thought!
All the Petitos are getting out of this fiasco is their daughter in a box big enough for a pair of shoes.
Here you go! Nothing else for you. End of story.
What an abortion of justice...heartbreaking.
JMHO.

Depressing, heartbreaking doesn't even sum it up.
It feels like the Laundrie's were treated with velvet gloves. It makes a person wonder why?

How many think he died from the swamp and not suicide and has been living in there until his RECENT death?
How many think he immediately suicided?
I think he was alive until very recently. The reason is his parents behavior, tbh. Also I do not think he wanted to die at all. He may have only recently run out of supplies and realized it was over. His choice was prison or death.
But I feel his death may not have been by his own hand.
Just my humble opinion.
I agree with this. I tend to think there was a recent communication along the lines of “I’m not going to prison, you’ll find my body near xxxx”. I don’t see him shooting himself or hanging himself but I can imagine him just laying down and giving up. Maybe starving or dehydration, possibly purposely eating poison fruit or drinking dirty water. I still see him as cowardly and soft.

That's disturbing news. I'm guessing they believe there are more "parts" to find? Horrific.
So those who thought they saw a mostly intact body on the breaking news videos yesterday were not seeing what they thought they were? Most said they saw a body , legs decomposed that appeared to be lying on it's stomach?
Confused. Jmo.
ETA: It matters to determine TOD.

JMO, As horrific as this crime has been, many cases will likely be solved. There's the person that was found off the outlook, and I think at least one person was found in the National Park in Wyoming. Plus, a fugitive was captured from the reserve.

I also believe this case will prevent more similar crimes. I believe a lot of young women will be able to identify with Gabby's story to something they may be going through also.

Finding the missing, preventing future crimes against women, and a awareness of the dangers young women may face in the future.

God bless the Petito/Schmits during this terrible time and may the process of their grief begin so they can heal and find peace in all their lives.

Last edited:
We still don’t know if this is a suicide, accidental, drowning or possibly animals. We may never know what the COD is.
I just keep thinking about how GP was left for weeks and her remains weren’t touched by animals, it sounds like animals have gotten to this body either before or after death, wonder why animals didn’t get to GP, could she have been in a sleeping bag or covered with something that made it impossible for animals to get to her? Sorry to be graphic. MOO

BBM

I haven't been able to read everything but can you provide a link for the bolded statement. TIA

I've believed from the beginning that Brian was in the reserve, deceased by suicide. If that is the case I actually don't believe that was a self-centered act. Just my opinion.
It is self centered in the fact he never told Gabbys family what he did to their little girl. It makes him selfish and a coward. I feel bad for him if he felt to take his own life but how much better it would have been had he confessed to them first and asked forgiveness of them and his own loved ones. He was able to spend time with his own family. He cheated Gabby of that.

Thank you to those who posted the links for the SB/Cuomo interview. Much appreciated.

I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I find SB's timeline of events when BL went missing (9/13 vs 9/17) completely believable. Jmo.

I know many people, including some of Gabbys family, wanted BL alive so there could be "answers." But IMO he wouldn't give answers. He would give excuses and he would give lies. Who would trust what he said?

On a similar note, is it time we stop treating SB as a reliable source?

So those who thought they saw a mostly intact body on the breaking news videos yesterday were not seeing what they thought they were? Most said they saw a body , legs decomposed that appeared to be lying on it's stomach?
Confused. Jmo.
ETA: It matters to determine TOD.

I took a screenshot and enlarged it. All I can is it looked very short and perhaps bloated. If that were the case, he would have died 8-10 days ago.

I agree with this. I tend to think there was a recent communication along the lines of “I’m not going to prison, you’ll find my body near xxxx”. I don’t see him shooting himself or hanging himself but I can imagine him just laying down and giving up. Maybe starving or dehydration, possibly purposely eating poison fruit or drinking dirty water. I still see him as cowardly and soft.
Thank you for answering me. I agree. He always came off as soft and spoiled to me as well. My opinion is he felt no guilt for destroying Gabby. He probably blamed her for her own murder. I also do not feel as some here do that he was mentally ill. I think he was a sociopath with rage issues. This is just speculation on my part but I have seen no proof whatsoever that he had a serious mental illness.
Jmo

That's disturbing news. I'm guessing they believe there are more "parts" to find? Horrific.
Without getting graphic, I think that will be a near impossible task. I speculate they will have to do DNA testing on what they found, and should be able to come to conclusive results; it will take time.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I took a screenshot and enlarged it. All I can is it looked very short and perhaps bloated. If that were the case, he would have died 8-10 days ago.
May I ask if you saw this under the white tent or beside it? I have seen what could be remains on both the left side of the tent by what seems to be a water cooler, and ALSO - under the tree on the right side.
So I figured I had looked too long and gave up, lol. Jmo

It was also striking that the lawyer said his clients "always" follow his advice and never don't. That's...not really how it works. Even Chris looked surprised. Your duty is to inform, not instruct. My long time clients usually follow my advice but I have had important situations where they declined to take my advice and went the other way on something. Totally within their rights and we worked together on the next issue. To never have anyone dissent is not really a great thing IMO.
SB has a My Cousin Vinney vibe. IMHO

I know many people, including some of Gabbys family, wanted BL alive so there could be "answers." But IMO he wouldn't give answers. He would give excuses and he would give lies. Who would trust what he said?

On a similar note, is it time we stop treating SB as a reliable source?
That horse ride out of the barn long ago, lolol. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member