Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The phone was purchased on 9/4 was recovered from the Laundrie home when the BI served a search warrant after BL fled

The 9/14 phone purchase was a error in date, it was 9/4. By 9/14 BL had already left for the reserve. He left on 9/13.

Anyone know if LE ever analyzed Gabby's phone to determine where the last messages came from? It's easy for phone companies to tell what tower a cell phone was connected to. If Gabby sent a message saying 'No service in Yosemite' and the tower was half-way between Utah and Florida, it seems pretty safe to assume it was Brian who sent it. I haven't seen much mention of her cell phone before, so was just curious.
They're keeping a tight grip on all evidence obtained in this case. I remember that during the Casey Anthony investigation, pages of her phone records were released showing incoming and outgoing calls, dates, times and I believe also the location of the calls. We're just left with guesswork in this case on issues probably totally resolved by LE.

I have a question, and there may be a simple no answer to this:

SB claims that he told FBI on September 13 that BL never came home from his hike and that the FBI has confirmed this conversation. NPPD claims that they did not know they BL was a missing person until Friday, September 17 when the missing persons report was filed. NPPD have also claimed that the FBI was working with them "hand in hand" for lack of a better phrase.

Has it ever confirmed been whether or why the FBI never told NPPD that BL didn't come home from his hike?

The phone purchased on 9/14 was recovered from the Laundrie home when the BI served a search warrant
Just including what the article stated. Again, SB is the only one who has stated that the FBI has the new phone Brian purchased. LE hasn't confirmed that, not that I was ever able to find. I've been confused by the phones since the beginning.

It started with MSM putting out stories that ATT had Brian and an "older woman" on camera buying a phone on 9/14. Brian Laundrie DID buy new phone on the day he went missing, lawyer confirms Then Brian's attorney stated Brian and his mother had purchased a new phone sometime after Brian returned home on 9/1 but he wasn't sure of the date. FBI Investigating New Phone Obtained by Brian Laundrie After His Return to Florida Later Brian's attorney stated the phone had been bought on 9/4 and that Brian had left the phone and his wallet behind when he left on 9/14.
Brian Laundrie bought new phone, attorney says Then we found out Brian had actually left on 9/13. But I've never found an article that states LE actually saying when Brian bought the new phone or whether they have it. In fact, at one point Brian's attorney kind of recanted and stated the FBI is in possession of a phone, but he's not sure which one. So if the waters are muddy enough, there you have it! :)
IMO I don't know what to believe. I certainly don't trust SB when he says anything because too much of what he's said has been either a mistake or a carefully worded lie. Until or unless I hear it from an FBI spokesperson, I remain confused.

According to the Laundries' family attorney, Steven Bertolino ... they did purchase a new phone, and he believes it's the one Brian left behind at home and the FBI is already in possession of it.
Feds Investigating Brian Laundrie's Alleged Burner Phone Purchased Day He was Last Seen

ETA sources

Last edited:
I don't believe they were looking all that closely. There's little chance of mistaking RL for Brian. If all it took was the wearing of a baseball cap, that's concerning.
Especially considering she has the hips of a shapely woman, BL did not.

Please note this is NOT sleuthing his mom. Just stating that with her hips there's no way LE should have mistaken the 2 of them. Baseball cap or not. Plus, Roberta has hair on her head and NOT on her face!!! o_O

upload_2021-10-26_7-43-37.png

SB claims that he told FBI on September 13 that BL never came home from his hike and that the FBI has confirmed this conversation. NPPD claims that they did not know they BL was a missing person until Friday, September 17 when the missing persons report was filed. NPPD have also claimed that the FBI was working with them "hand in hand" for lack of a better phrase.

Has it ever confirmed been whether or why the FBI never told NPPD that BL didn't come home from his hike?
In re-reading the quotes from SB, I'm inclined to think the FBI was told that Brian had gone on a hike, but not that anyone was concerned about him not returning. If you read the statements put out by SB he states that he spoke to someone from the FBI and told them that Brian went on a hike for a few days in the reserve, then he uses that to imply he filed a missing person's report with the FBI. There's a vast difference between giving a head's up that Brian is going for a hike and filing a missing persons report.

Lawyer says he notified FBI that Brian Laundrie didn’t come home on Monday, Sept. 13

Last edited:
[URL='https://twitter.com/kkuizon']Kim Kuizon FOX 13
@kkuizon[/URL]

From
@NorthPortPolice
: This misidentification did not have a big impact on costs and the investigation. Other than confusion, it likely changed nothing. There is a very good possibility that Brian was already deceased. He still needed to be found.
@fox13news
#brianlaundrie

Contd. from
@NorthPortPolice
“We just wanted people to better understand why we thought we knew Brian was in his home. It was a direct result of a lack of cooperation from the family early on this investigation.”
@fox13news
#brianlaundrie #northport

yeah, that whole we confused RL with BL stuff from LE. Just wow. I sure don't see how that could happen if they were truly "surveilling" BL. MOO someone thought they had a cake assignment and didn't take it seriously.

Because seriously? They mistook a middle aged woman with hair on her head and a completely different body type for a young bald, facial hair having, MALE completely OTHER body type? Somebody dropped the biggest of balls.

Although I have noticed pictures of the L parents AND BL all wearing what appears to be the same olive green ballcap on occasions. Maybe BL was wearing that ballcap when he left and RL conveniently found it in the car and then put it on (for completely coincidental, non nefarious reasons) . . . :rolleyes:o_O

Especially considering she has the hips of a shapely woman, BL did not.

Please note this is NOT sleuthing his mom. Just stating that with her hips there's no way LE should have mistaken the 2 of them. Baseball cap or not. Plus, Roberta has hair on her head and NOT on her face!!! o_O

View attachment 318987
They didn't, I think it was just a very lame excuse and that they were really only looking for the Mustang to return. Just say that, lol, instead of making fools of yourselves. They saw the Mustang return on Wednesday, and figured that Brian was home!! jmo Plus, if they had been paying close attention, they would have seen both parents leave in the truck and only one of them return in the truck, because mom was in the mustang.... jmo

Just including what the article stated. Again, SB is the only one who has stated that the FBI has the new phone Brian purchased. LE hasn't confirmed that, not that I was ever able to find. I've been confused by the phones since the beginning.

It started with MSM putting out stories that ATT had Brian and an "older woman" on camera buying a phone on 9/14. Then Brian's attorney stated Brian and his mother had purchased a new phone sometime after Brian returned home on 9/1 but he wasn't sure of the date. Later Brian's attorney stated the phone had been bought on 9/4 and that Brian had left the phone and his wallet behind when he left on 9/14. Then we found out Brian had actually left on 9/13. But I've never found an article that states LE actually saying when Brian bought the new phone or whether they have it. In fact, at one point Brian's attorney kind of recanted and stated the FBI is in possession of a phone, but he's not sure which one. So if the waters are muddy enough, there you have it! :)
IMO I don't know what to believe. I certainly don't trust SB when he says anything because too much of what he's said has been either a mistake or a carefully worded lie. Until or unless I hear it from an FBI spokesperson, I remain confused.

According to the Laundries' family attorney, Steven Bertolino ... they did purchase a new phone, and he believes it's the one Brian left behind at home and the FBI is already in possession of it.
Feds Investigating Brian Laundrie's Alleged Burner Phone Purchased Day He was Last Seen

There is no love lost with SB and his mini pressers early on and up until BL's remains were identified that's for sure. But based on the new facts that BL did indeed go into the reserve and died shows me he was telling the truth about a lot of things, but definitely mudded the water with a lot of the story too.

Wish he had just been more of a decent human being and I believe his lack of integrity concerning Gabby being missing and then found dead was held against him in all other matters. He was insensitive, lacking the ability to separate his representation of clients vs a dead girl who was strangled to death and it was telling in how he worded his statements. All IMO

There is no love lost with SB and his mini pressers early on and up until BL's remains were identified that's for sure. But based on the new facts that BL did indeed go into the reserve and died shows me he was telling the truth about a lot of things, but definitely mudded the water with a lot of the story too.

Wish he had just been more of a decent human being and I believe his lack of integrity concerning Gabby being missing and then found dead was held against him in all other matters. He was insensitive, lacking the ability to separate his representation of clients vs a dead girl who was strangled to death and it was telling in how he worded his statements. All IMO
I respectfully disagree. I believe he purposely muddied the waters throughout this investigation and sought to exonerate the Laundrie family at the cost of two other families and Brian's life. But I do see your point. :)

Because if this is the case, Brian was already gone when they installed cameras, before Brian was named POI, and before the fraud charges.
This seems to me to be the reason it was so easy for Brian to escape!

Kim Kuizon FOX 13
@kkuizon

From
@NorthPortPolice
: This misidentification did not have a big impact on costs and the investigation. Other than confusion, it likely changed nothing. There is a very good possibility that Brian was already deceased. He still needed to be found.
@fox13news
#brianlaundrie

Contd. from
@NorthPortPolice
“We just wanted people to better understand why we thought we knew Brian was in his home. It was a direct result of a lack of cooperation from the family early on this investigation.”
@fox13news
#brianlaundrie #northport

Uh.... I don't agree that it was a "direct result of a lack of cooperation from the family early on in this investigation".... Didn't they put cameras up? Why did they do that if they were just going to base everything on the family's lack of cooperation? They should have just left it at the statement they made yesterday. This smacks of JT again. At this point, leave the family out of it. All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth