Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if LE ever analyzed Gabby's phone to determine where the last messages came from? It's easy for phone companies to tell what tower a cell phone was connected to. If Gabby sent a message saying 'No service in Yosemite' and the tower was half-way between Utah and Florida, it seems pretty safe to assume it was Brian who sent it. I haven't seen much mention of her cell phone before, so was just curious.
Neither FBI nor local LE have disclosed any details about their electronic investigation. We do not know what they have, what they found or what they were able to retrieve .

Kim Kuizon FOX 13
@kkuizon

From
@NorthPortPolice
: This misidentification did not have a big impact on costs and the investigation. Other than confusion, it likely changed nothing. There is a very good possibility that Brian was already deceased. He still needed to be found.
@fox13news
#brianlaundrie

Contd. from
@NorthPortPolice
“We just wanted people to better understand why we thought we knew Brian was in his home. It was a direct result of a lack of cooperation from the family early on this investigation.”
@fox13news
#brianlaundrie #northport
For weeks they were looking in the wrong places. So, how does that not add more costs to a search? Wasted resources and put LE in harm's way...

Her abuser is dead. Had he been found alive, the family would have to wait years for a death penalty sentence. I prefer to think justice was served but the family will never have all the answers that may have come out at trial, maybe not if he chose not to talk. MOO

Unfortunately, unless we are given enough information on evidence found physical and circumstantial, we won't know if this would even be a death penalty case. That's why him being alive would have been important for a trial, to determine that.

JMO

I think it's also important to note that the FBI has neither confirmed nor denied SB's claims about what they did or did not know about BL's disappearance on Sep 13.

All the info we have about what went on between them is coming from SB himself, who obviously is going to be doing whatever he can to sway the public's opinion in his clients' favor. It is to SB's (and the Laundries') benefit to paint it all as a miscommunication between LE agencies and detract from the fact that his client, who was the last known person to see GP alive, was withholding information that would help find her.

I support LE, but I can’t support this ... JT blaming their errors on the parents. How many more errors will come out?
I think that he is miffed because he found out on the 17th that they had been cooperating through SB with the FBI and not NPPD......cooperating only about where Brian was and /or, may be. NPPD thought that they knew where he was, but FBI DID know, because SB told them. jmo

Good Morning WS Buds!
Headline CNN:
Investigators confused Brian Laundrie's mother for him while watching their home, police reportedly acknowledge.
Wait a second here...OK...Wakey Wakey! Let's try that again...

Investigators confused Brian Laundrie's mother for him while watching their home, police reportedly acknowledge.
Blink...blink...eye rub...but but but...she has HIPS and wears a sling!
She's...a woman! He's...a guy!
But but but...
I give up...

Have a nice day everyone.

It’s not the cobwebs over your eyes. Nope, you read that right.

I went for a walk in my neighborhood last night just hoping against hope someone would mistake me for a 24year old hiker. I forgot my baseball cap so I guess they got confused?

Thank you for this thoughtful response. It makes sense!

It's just so weird to me that SB would say that in a conversational way to FBI but then Chris went out looking for BL.

Yeah, I bet that a lot got lost in translation with all that was going on -- they (the FBI) were focused on finding GP at that point and that BL had disappeared for a bit wasn't as much of a priority to LE (it surely was to the L parents) especially since they knew there was surveillance on him -- FBI: he really couldn't have gone very far, and he's not talking anyway, so we've gotta go all out to find GP through other means.

Or something like that....

Not to make light of this situation, at all, but it will make a fascinating true crime podcast or novel one day...

I see that WFLA did a 6pm live stream yesterday on the NPPD RL/BL debacle. Did anybody watch that? If so, any new details? I’m unwilling to give an hour of my life today to watch, if I’m only going to hear what we’ve already heard via JT’s comments.

Yes, he said that last night on AB. He said he was hoping to speak to people and visit locations that BL & Gabby had been too. The Laundries have left their home so there's no longer a story there, IMO.
I hope that he's able to get some local businesses to share security camera footage of them on the days surrounding her disappearance. It would be nice to know if she was seen again after the 27th, and I'd be very curious to understand the trip to Ogden better, and whatever happened that week she was alone in the hotel in SLC.

Her abuser is dead. Had he been found alive, the family would have to wait years for a death penalty sentence. I prefer to think justice was served but the family will never have all the answers that may have come out at trial, maybe not if he chose not to talk. MOO
I disagree that justice was served with his death for whatever reason.
Justice is a process and can be cathartic for victims, and witnesses like us too..
I don't believe justice, esp. the US justice system is just about the sentencing.
I can't think of anything that could replace this process that was stolen from the people.
In my experience as observer it's like the difference between pushed off a treacherous very high cliff into the jagged rocks below and sailing down slowly on a parachute or glider.

There's just this big gaping abyss remaining.
JMO

Did they see the mustang leave on the Monday?
I'm not sure, but I think that at least one surveillance camera had already been set up, either late late late Saturday night ( around the same time as they were hauling the van away on the 11th) and after Laundries had already refused to speak and handed them SB's card) or early on the 12th, Sunday. If so, and the camera was working, they would have seen the Mustang leave early Monday am. JMO

Good Morning WS Buds!
Headline CNN:
Wait a second here...OK...Wakey Wakey! Let's try that again...

Blink...blink...eye rub...but but but...she has HIPS and wears a sling!
She's...a woman! He's...a guy!
But but but...
I give up...

Have a nice day everyone.
Anythin' must be better than hangin' the Feds, I guess...

Yeah, I bet that a lot got lost in translation with all that was going on -- they (the FBI) were focused on finding GP at that point and that BL had disappeared for a bit wasn't as much of a priority to LE (it surely was to the L parents) especially since they knew there was surveillance on him -- FBI: he really couldn't have gone very far, and he's not talking anyway, so we've gotta go all out to find GP through other means.

Or something like that....

Not to make light of this situation, at all, but it will make a fascinating true crime podcast or novel one day...

Ann Rule is gone so who would be qualified to write a accurate version of Gabby's death? If someone is going to put pen to paper it should be someone that cares enough to get it right. But I wonder who that would be? jmho

ETA: This should never be a lifetime movie, EVER!

Utah and Wyoming. Investigative reporter, I suppose. To see who he can talk to. Maybe we will get to see good video of their known path and stops between. ? jmo

So Entin is going to do what those youtubers have already done? ( Am not allowed to post the link due to ToS but basically they retraced steps such as through Moab, to the Moonflower, the motel Brian stayed in on the 12th, the Moab police stop at Arches)

I hope if he's going all that way to retrace their journey that he can also get some witnesses to go on camera

So Entin is going to do what those youtubers have already done? ( Am not allowed to post the link due to ToS but basically they retraced steps such as through Moab, to the Moonflower, the motel Brian stayed in on the 12th, the Moab police stop at Arches)

I hope if he's going all that way to retrace their journey that he can also get some witnesses to go on camera

From his live last night, he's going to the hotel, the restaurant, going to try to talk to the woman officer etc... I don't know what video you're talking about, but I guess I'll have to search it!

I hope that he's able to get some local businesses to share security camera footage of them on the days surrounding her disappearance. It would be nice to know if she was seen again after the 27th, and I'd be very curious to understand the trip to Ogden better, and whatever happened that week she was alone in the hotel in SLC.

BE did mention that they would be going to merry piglets and the SLC hotel

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

He didn’t mention anything about Ogden. He did say he was taking requests on investigative topics (paraphrasing). It would be great if someone suggested Ogden. I would like to know more about that, as well, but I don’t Twitter.

jmo

I think it's also important to note that the FBI has neither confirmed nor denied SB's claims about what they did or did not know about BL's disappearance on Sep 13.

All the info we have about what went on between them is coming from SB himself, who obviously is going to be doing whatever he can to sway the public's opinion in his clients' favor. It is to SB's (and the Laundries') benefit to paint it all as a miscommunication between LE agencies and detract from the fact that his client, who was the last known person to see GP alive, was withholding information that would help find her.

And we keep being told that the FBI never comment on an ongoing investigation unless it's a big announcement. ( IDK if that's true but I've heard so often these last few weeks)

There were so many really good posts on this, on the last thread which is unfortunately closed and I noticed that one of them has a link where Josh Taylor admits to Brian Entin that they ' missed him' leave on the 13th, so that seemed like an admission of error to me, re BBM above.

Interestingly - for me at any rate - Justin from WFLANow also made comments yesterday that the NNPD redactions on what nppd did or did not know re 13th/FBI told them, will be key for him. However he expects nppd to withhold release of all that redacted info until all this has died down. He estimated a year but he'd certainly be on FOIA applications
At approx 14 mins into this link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member