Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not on Twitter so I don't know who follows whom, but I wouldn't use the word "fooled" when it comes to Joe Petito. IMO this is completely a choice to be made by the family. They have no obligation to make choices that satisfy the public. Jmo.

I remember that the family or the family attorney saying that her remains would be buried in NY. JMO

This two-hour “20/20” special reports on the horror that unfolded in the beauty of Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park and the details leading to the discovery of Laundrie’s remains last week, and poses lingering questions about what’s next.

Through interviews with Jim Winder, who is the former Moab, Utah, police chief, experts on body language, and legal analysts, the program breaks down the viral body camera footage from the couple’s police stop in Moab, days before Petito disappeared.

Additionally, the special features interviews with:

Miranda Baker, a young woman who gave a hitchhiking Laundrie a ride in Wyoming

Jenn Bethune, who found the couple’s missing van and called the FBI

Jason Jensen, a private investigator and co-founder of the Cold Case Coalition who searched Grand Teton National Park with his cadaver dog

Mykel Hawke, a retired special forces combat veteran and survival expert who takes “20/20” cameras through the dangerous swamps of the Carlton Reserve in Florida, where authorities found Laundrie’s body.

The program dives into why the Petito case went viral and the outcry for the same attention to be applied to the cold cases of others.
  • 20/20 airs on Friday, October 29 (9:01-11:00 pm EDT), on ABC and streams on ABC News digital platforms and Hulu.
ABC to Air Two-Hour "20/20" Special "Life on Line: The Last Days of Gabby Petito" Tomorrow Night

there is a part of me that hopes the notebook is filled to the brim with cringe poetry, like a 12 year old girl would write when she was feeling deep and existential.

but realistically, unless this notebook is literally just a one sentence confession, i hope it never comes to light. BL doesnt deserve to have any of his thoughts, ideas, or feelings live on beyond his life span. anything he ever 'created' should never be seen by the public's eyes.
I really don't think salting the earth wherever he walked is the answer.

I hope the notebook sheds some light on what happened. What drove his actions? How did things go so very wrong? I hope it shows the person Gabby fell in love with as well as the man who ended her life. I hope we can understand Brian and Gabby's relationship a bit better and what triggered the horrific ending.

I hope he expresses his remorse. I hope it brings some answers to both families.

And most of all, I hope it helps others avoid the mistakes that were so clearly made in their relationship. Understanding and learning from tragedies is the way to avoid them in the future.

It is there just to the right of where Gabby's feet would have been. For those having trouble making it out, it is not a perfect ring of rocks, but what is left of it does make a broken circle. Look close to the bottom of the cross and to the right.
That’s where I thought I saw it.

This two-hour “20/20” special reports on the horror that unfolded in the beauty of Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park and the details leading to the discovery of Laundrie’s remains last week, and poses lingering questions about what’s next.

Through interviews with Jim Winder, who is the former Moab, Utah, police chief, experts on body language, and legal analysts, the program breaks down the viral body camera footage from the couple’s police stop in Moab, days before Petito disappeared.

Additionally, the special features interviews with:

Miranda Baker, a young woman who gave a hitchhiking Laundrie a ride in Wyoming

Jenn Bethune, who found the couple’s missing van and called the FBI

Jason Jensen, a private investigator and co-founder of the Cold Case Coalition who searched Grand Teton National Park with his cadaver dog

Mykel Hawke, a retired special forces combat veteran and survival expert who takes “20/20” cameras through the dangerous swamps of the Carlton Reserve in Florida, where authorities found Laundrie’s body.

The program dives into why the Petito case went viral and the outcry for the same attention to be applied to the cold cases of others.
  • 20/20 airs on Friday, October 29 (9:01-11:00 pm EDT), on ABC and streams on ABC News digital platforms and Hulu.
ABC to Air Two-Hour "20/20" Special "Life on Line: The Last Days of Gabby Petito" Tomorrow Night

Is this airing at the same time as Brian Entin on NewsNation?

Merry Piglets

the incident “wasn’t what everyone said.

Timeline: Petito's final days

The manager, who didn’t want to be on camera, said there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown. The manager said Petito and Laundrie left the restaurant without paying so a server followed them outside. The pair then paid the bill out on the street, with the server noting that Laundrie was calm.

Laundrie and Petito then went back inside the restaurant together with Petito asking for her money back, the manager said. The restaurant said they were not going to give the money back, so the pair left, the manager said. Surveillance video of the interaction has since been deleted.

Merry Piglets

The manager, who didn’t want to be on camera, said there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown. The manager said Petito and Laundrie left the restaurant without paying so a server followed them outside. The pair then paid the bill out on the street, with the server noting that Laundrie was calm.

Laundrie and Petito then went back inside the restaurant together with Petito asking for her money back, the manager said. The restaurant said they were not going to give the money back, so the pair left, the manager said. Surveillance video of the interaction has since been deleted.

So, why was Gabby outside crying? Is there an incentive for the manager to downplay the incident? Why would they come back inside and ask for their money back if they had just paid the server moments earlier? This is a weird story. By weird, I just mean that it further confuses rather than tying any ends together. MOO

I am not so sure. I am curious as to what NPPD would actually have done if a MP was raised on the Monday or Tuesday. That is why I asked the question earlier, how do LE in the North Port area deal with MP reports.

Curious... I did a lil research:
BBM

BBM in RED
*I've attached screenshots from the below links to: MEPIC: Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse regarding missing persons in Florida.

Florida Missing Endangered Persons Search

It reads in part"

"The Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse (MEPIC) is the central repository of information regarding missing endangered persons in Florida. MEPIC assists law enforcement agencies and Florida's citizens in finding missing persons by providing analytical services and engaging the public in the search. As part of these services, MEPIC has worked with partner agencies to develop the Florida AMBER Plan and Florida Silver Alert Plan. Under these plans, MEPIC is responsible for issuing all AMBER Alerts, Missing Child Alerts and State Silver Alerts in Florida.

MEPIC also provides assistance to law enforcement in cases involving unidentified deceased and crimes against children. For more information about our services, visit the about us section of this website.

To request information or assistance, contact the Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse at:

1-888-FL-MISSING
(1-888-356-4774)

Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse
Post Office Box 1489
Tallahassee, Florida 32302

or

MEPIC@fdle.state.fl.us

If you would like to report a missing person, please contact your local law enforcement agency first and then call MEPIC at (850)410-8585 or toll free at 1-888-FL-MISSING(356-4774)."

Here is the link to MEPIC Case Criteria:
MEPIC :: Case Criteria

Again, BBM in Red
It reads in part:

"The Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse (MEPIC) operates in accordance Florida Statute 937.022.
Per statute, MEPIC may accept missing person's cases that meet the following criteria:
  • Any missing child who is seventeen (17) years of age or younger; or
  • Any missing adult who is between the ages of 18-25; or,
  • Any missing person 26 years of age or older who is suspected by law enforcement of being endangered or the victim of criminal activity.
The person must be reported missing to a law enforcement agency and entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) before MEPIC is able to open a case. MEPIC primarily accepts cases of persons missing from Florida but may accept international and out-of-state cases if the missing person is believed to be in Florida.

Additionally, the Clearinghouse is able to accept unidentified cases if the person was recovered in Florida or if the person is believed to have been living in Florida prior to their disappearance.

Law enforcement may also request assistance from the MEPIC Inspector assigned to crimes against children and child death cases.

To view the criteria to activate a Florida AMBER, Missing Child or State Silver Alert, select the appropriate link below:
AMBER Alert
Missing Child Alert
State Silver Alert"

Imo, SB dropped the ball on this one.

Mistake #1) The Laundries chose SB, a NY real estate attorney, who was clearly not knowledgeable or familiar with the protocol for missing persons in Florida.
Mistake #2) SB chose not to immediately refer the Laundries to an attorney who is familiar with Florida statutes the night of Sept 11th / morning of Sept 12th.

Anyone
can report a missing person to LE
CL & RL could have reported BL missing but... SB instructed them; "Don't talk".

Imo
BL would most likely be alive today if;
On Sept 11th, (especially) acting as Laundrie's attorney, SB had contacted NNPD directly, himself and reported BL missing that Monday night, Sept. 11th, either before or right after he spoke with the FBI.
SB did not.

Instead, SB assumed a casual conversation with the FBI was good enough.

We now know... good enough was not good enough.

To this day, SB has solely relied on that casual conversation with the FBI... imo, to cover his own fanny.
Call it what you want, ego, pride... whatever...

From the get go, in holding on to this case, SB was waaay out of his league & did his clients a great disservice.

I can understand why they say: "Don't mix business with pleasure"

Attachments

• MEPIC.png
    MEPIC.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 9
  • MEPIC Case Criteria.png
    MEPIC Case Criteria.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 7
Merry Piglets

Interesting. I thought of a lot of things that could have explained the abrupt departure - bad food, bad service, wifi overstay - but I have to admit dine-n-dash didn't even cross my mind. This case.:confused:

Last edited:
Merry Piglets

This completely contradicts the story that the girl who supposedly was a witness to it posted on Instagram… she said BL was agitated and went in and out of the restaurant at least four times. Maybe agitated wasn’t the exact word she used but she made it seem as though he was angry and belligerent, and GP was crying and apologetic.

Like everything else about this case, I wonder if we will ever know the truth.

Interesting. I thought of a lot of things could have explained the abrupt departure - bad food, bad service, wifi overstay - but I have to admit dine-n-dash didn't even cross my mind. This case.:confused:

It may not have been a dine and dash. Maybe it was something like they waited for the bill and it never came so they gave up and got up and left. As I recall the restaurant was allegedly busy that day. Or maybe they were just not paying attention to what they were doing or even thought they had already paid and got up and left. But if Gabby re-entered the restaurant after she paid and asked for a refund, there must have been a reason.

Merry Piglets

This is certainly a twist.

Merry Piglets

Seriously? That's a completely different story than the previous ones about the restaurant visit.
Why didn't Gabby want to pay for her meal? What on earth really happened?

I'm thinking now we can't really trust these "eye witness" accounts from people on SM. Is all they want fame and attention at the expense of truth? I wonder.

JMO

It may not have been a dine and dash. Maybe it was something like they waited for the bill and it never came so they gave up and got up and left. As I recall the restaurant was allegedly busy that day. Or maybe they were just not paying attention to what they were doing or even thought they had already paid and got up and left. But if Gabby re-entered the restaurant after she paid and asked for a refund, there must have been a reason.

Because they had to be somewhere??

We can try to excuse what they did all we want - they left the restaurant without paying. That's a criminal act, even though the crime might be somewhat minor. It's equivalent to shoplifting. They were lucky the restaurant didn't call the police on them!

Now I"m thinking of these two people in a different light.

MOO

Seriously? That's a completely different story than the previous one about the restaurant visit.
Why didn't Gabby want to pay for her meal? What on earth really happened?

I'm thinking now we can't really trust any of these "eye witness" accounts from people on SM. Is all they want fame and attention at the expense of truth? I wonder.

JMO
That's exactly why random SM is not allowed here. This SM "witness" made it as far as to be interviewed by an actual MSM news reporter, unfortunately. That's the only way her statement made it here. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234