Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm relieved to know that Brian confessed to what he did in the notebook and that the FBI has revealed there is no evidence pointing to anyone else being involved in Gabby's death but Brian. This was what I was hoping for to dispel any confusion about what truly happened and stop any conspiracy theories in this case cold. Now that the case is closed, the FBI can give the van and Gabby's other stuff taken into evidence back to her parents. Hopefully the rest of Gabby's things will or have been returned by the Laundries.

Last edited:
Yet, because he chose suicide, he denied justice for Gabby's family. I hope they do sue the L family for whatever they can recover, even if it's only $20,000. Not a small amount of money, and it's still a means of accountability- particularly if his parents knew more about the situation than they've let on.
I think they received better justice than the courts could give them. The case could have dragged on for years. They would have to listen to the defense blame Gabby. They would have to listen to their own lawyers give a blow by blow account of her horrific death. They would have heard stories of abuse by both sides. Very personal information about their daughter would have been aired for the world to speculate over. It would have been torture for them, day after day. And after all that, he may have walked free.

And if he was imprisoned, they would still have to face parole hearings and the potential that he may someday be released. Possible appeals. Even in prison, he could still get married and have children. He would live, and their daughter would not. His presence in their lives would never end.

Brian's death was final. His guilt was beyond doubt. He paid and the Petito's are free to continue their lives without him.

MOO

ditto. I thought web sleuths was victim-friendly but allowed this to carry on far too long.
We all knew it was Brian and Brian alone.

I got tired of hearing about Brian too.

Was his time of death able to be determined? I’d like to know how long he waited after Gabby was found and her cause of death confirmed. I imagine he was somehow keeping up with what was happening in the media originally…hoping it would be a long while before they found her.

Was his time of death able to be determined? I’d like to know how long he waited after Gabby was found and her cause of death confirmed. I imagine he was somehow keeping up with what was happening in the media originally…hoping it would be a long while before they found her.
He went to the reserve a day before Gabby was found.

Timeline of Gabby Petito case - CNN

ETA: Sorry I misread, but IIRC LE said they believe he took his own life not long after entering the reserve.

Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death, FBI says (nbcnews.com)

Federal investigators closed the book on the missing person's case that ended in the discovery of the Long Island woman's body and the remains of her boyfriend.

Brian Laundrie left behind writings showing his "responsibility" for the death of girlfriend Gabby Petito, whose disappearance last year launched a massive search from Utah to Florida, the FBI said Friday.

Federal investigators formally closed the book on the probe of Petito's whereabouts and death after the 22-year-old social media influencer's body was found on Sept. 19 in Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming...

GP's cause of death was announced in early Oct. It's highly unlikely he was alive by then given his skeletal remains were found a week or two after that. And he went into the reserve Sept 14, days before her remains were found on Sept 19. So I really don't think he was keeping up with developments in the media to time his suicide as late as possible if that's what you are suggesting. I think he was long gone before those developments.
JMO

Last edited:
I hope they could atleast release sections just admitting guilt or which could point to why, anything else personal should ofcourse be withheld.

I think he figured they wouldn’t put it together as quickly as they did in the first place and that he could play it cool. Anyone think the parents will still be investigated or have been investigated for if they knew he was going to kill himself or if he had admitted to them what happened with her? Would be hard to prove.

Brian Laundrie texted between his and Gabby Petito's phone to trick law enforcement into thinking she was still alive, FBI says

After Gabby Petito's death last year — and amid a nationwide search for the missing vlogger — her fiancé, Brian Laundrie sent several text messages between their two cell phones to trick law enforcement into believing Petito was still alive, the Federal Bureau of Investigation announced on Friday.

She died of "blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation," a coroner ruled.

Brian Laundrie texted between his and Gabby Petito's phone to trick law enforcement into thinking she was still alive, FBI says (yahoo.com)

<modsnip: It appears you replied to the wrong poster>

He died from a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM

I'm confused. Didn't LE leave GP with the van? (And keys, of course) So she could have gone wherever she wanted? And to separate them they took BL to a hotel? How is that different from what you suggest?
JMO

Yes. Gabby had possession of the van when the cops separated them for the night after the Moab stop

I hope they could atleast release sections just admitting guilt or which could point to why, anything else personal should ofcourse be withheld.

I think he figured they wouldn’t put it together as quickly as they did in the first place and that he could play it cool. Anyone think the parents will still be investigated or have been investigated for if they knew he was going to kill himself or if he had admitted to them what happened with her? Would be hard to prove.

BBM

I understand what you are saying. But I don't see how that can happen. We've been told BL took responsibility for GP's death. Obviously I have no idea what BL wrote. But I can't imagine a redacted version of his claim of responsibility being helpful to anyone if "personal" info had to be redacted. Hypothetical, of course, but how helpful is "It's my fault. She (redacted) I (redacted) And after that I (redacted)."

I think it would be pretty much impossible to publish the notebook writing and remove personal stuff. So unless we get it all, I don't think we'll get any of it. I'm curious too, of course.
JMO

I think they received better justice than the courts could give them. The case could have dragged on for years. They would have to listen to the defense blame Gabby. They would have to listen to their own lawyers give a blow by blow account of her horrific death. They would have heard stories of abuse by both sides. Very personal information about their daughter would have been aired for the world to speculate over. It would have been torture for them, day after day. And after all that, he may have walked free.

And if he was imprisoned, they would still have to face parole hearings and the potential that he may someday be released. Possible appeals. Even in prison, he could still get married and have children. He would live, and their daughter would not. His presence in their lives would never end.

Brian's death was final. His guilt was beyond doubt. He paid and the Petito's are free to continue their lives without him.

MOO

Well my dad would say give me 5 minutes alone with him when you find him. Bam.

MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

The Teton County Coroner’s Office subsequently concluded Ms. Petito died of “blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation.”

Maybe it was the blow to the head AND he strangled her manually. I'm thinking it would be hard to tell which came first. Injuries to the head or the strangulation. Maybe you all knew this but I haven't been following this a whole lot until I heard on TV about him confessing in his notebook. I was shocked to hear about the injuries to the head. My first thought was 'Wasn't strangling her bad enough??'. Before I heard about the head injuries I thought he had just snapped in anger and grabbed her by the neck and didn't let go. But this? Did he beat her on the head and then wanted to make sure she was dead so strangled her? (Or vice versa as @Ghostwheel posted). And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. :( I sure hope her family can finally find peace. Today's news is quite disturbing.

Source: FBI Denver Provides Final Investigative Update on Gabrielle Petito Case — FBI

May you rest in peace, sweet Gabby, and sour high with the angels.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM

I understand what you are saying. But I don't see how that can happen. We've been told BL took responsibility for GP's death. Obviously I have no idea what BL wrote. But I can't imagine a redacted version of his claim of responsibility being helpful to anyone if "personal" info had to be redacted. Hypothetical, of course, but how helpful is "It's my fault. She (redacted) I (redacted) And after that I (redacted)."

I think it would be pretty much impossible to publish the notebook writing and remove personal stuff. So unless we get it all, I don't think we'll get any of it. I'm curious too, of course.
JMO

I think it would be more those specific statements intact and the rest about their intimacy and their day to day as held back, not like FBI document style. Obviously the entire crime is personal really but then the public has been as involved in helping with tips as it will be interested in the why.

For him to think he could have this much control over her and no matter how the strangulation and blunt force trauma were intermingled, and then be too coward to just come forward and face the consequences, he tried to control that too.
I think it’s honestly less about their personal day to day in the public and just more WHY because people will want to be able to see the red flags in their own situations as well, to prevent this doomsday sort of relationship from happening to them or their loved ones.

I don't really care what the wrote. I used to, but now I'm just glad he's gone. Way too much time, effort and money spent on his sorry self.
Even today when there are news reports about Gabby there is his fugly face. I don't care about him. Sick of seeing him with every story about her. He's where he belongs IMHO.

634319f5a535241fcbc7d69916470214

Let it be

Image source: Gabby Petito: Parents reveal matching ‘Let it be’ tattoos as row over Brian Laundrie deepens

I'm confused as to what time period the text messages were sent that the FBI says were to make LE think Gabby was still alive. Gabby's mother thought some of the messages, like the one referring to Stan, was not Gabby. Is the FBI confirming that BL sent messages to Gabby's mother? Law Enforcement was not on the case until BL showed up in Florida, so when is LE saying Brian sent these messages? One of the warrants was for LE to obtain all electronic devices after BL arrived in Florida. Was BL sending notes between his phone and Gabby's after he returned to Florida? That would be an interesting ruse. Not talk to LE and then claim 'she left me. see?'. It all fell apart when the body was found. It was alleged that Gabby phone's was never found. Is this true? (Although you wouldn't need the device to see the messages, Brian would have only been able to send messages between the two devices while he retained the devices.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody