Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, road trips were common for them, insofar as they took a cross-country one in 2020 as well as 2021.

She worked for his parents' business, and they lived in his parents' house, so--presumably they weren't paying rent. This allowed Gabby to save for the trip. I don't know what his employment was, if any, and if he contributed anything toward travel expenses. It's a question that's been hanging in the air this whole time, in my mind. Maybe someone else has answers.

The assumption is, that she traded in her prior vehicle (in which they'd made their 2020 road trip) for the van, then somehow made up the difference between the trade-in value and the newer vehicle's value. We don't know if she did this with savings, or if a parent helped her. It does appear that they were low on money (BL stated this to police), but there was also some info floating around about them staying in an expensive hotel, or her staying in one, for part of the time she was in Moab. We can only guess, that parents were helping them out along the way. The financing quesiton is another one that's been a mystery throughout this story.

We can only guess, that Gabby hid the conflictive side of their relationship from her parents. We don't know. There's a lot we still don't know about these two. Yes, you'd think she'd have told her mom about any problems that arose throughout the relationship, but OTOH, she could have hidden that, so as not to worry her parents.

There have been conflicting reports as to how long they've lived with his parents; a few threads ago (lol) it was said they'd moved in with them 8 months ago, but earlier statements said, they've lived together in FL for 2-1/2 years or 2 years. So they may have had their own place there for awhile (?), then moved in with his parents.

I'm still wondering about this claim that both of them were bipolar, and that she supposedly was genuinely, clinically, OCD. I don't think the statements they made to police were credible, necessarily.
Thank you, There are a lot of missing pieces here. I appreciate the update

I completely agree with you. I think you have a highly anxious girl and laid back guy who wanted a cool travel experience together. Living together is hard, worse when it’s less than 100 sq feet. There was no plan here. He’s flying blind and freaking out. Whatever happened was not planned

There is nothing “laid back” about BL anywhere that I have seen. He’s incredibly high strung. The cop even asks him “Are you always this hyper?”

My point is Brian gets the search that Gabby deserved weeks ago! He should have told where he last saw her and his silence was enabled. JMO
MOO. He is getting the search because LE thinks he is dead and they think they have very good intelligence on his body's current location. They would only be doing this kind of search for live person if it was a manhunt for a suspect. I don't think he has been named that yet.

I get what you are saying about the injustice of him getting a search because his parents spoke up for him but not her, but for me that is so far below the injustice of him potentially actually haven killed her that it pales in comparison.

I just had a random thought. Stick with me for a moment.
Gabby’s last IG post says “Happy Halloween”
There’s been feelings that Brian changed Gabby’s IG captions
The original travel plans were to travel until Halloween.
What if after Brian did something to Gabby he changed that caption to “Happy Halloween” signifying that now it’s all over. Eerie and dark-but honestly does seem in-line with his interests.
Just a random thought that I had & I couldn’t not share it.

I agree I posted the same thing about 5 threads ago. MOO

You can download a map of the Myakkahatchee walking trails here at the link. If you are unfamiliar with the area, we are in flood season. The waterway Big Slough Preserve floods in summer. If he is in this area, it is full of gators, snakes, rodents and horrendous bugs this time of year. There is a huge canal that separates this park from Carlton Preserve. Carlton Preserve isn't some place you want to hang out. It is essentially a swamp.

Your Local Parks | North Port, FL
I just read some roads in the parks are closed in the area due to flooding.

I still don't get why her parents waited so long to report her missing.
at first her parents could not contact them. At some point i think the father that who maybe lives in Florida went by BL parents house to find out why they could not get into contact with them and found the van back at his parents home. The missing persons report, van impound etc happened within a day or two after these events.

SEP 18, 2021
Police reports, social media provide timeline of Gabby Petito's disappearance after road trip with fiancé (nbcnews.com)
[...]

ai2html-output-340-wide.jpg

[...]

Police in Florida on Saturday searched a vast wildlife reserve near the Gulf Coast for Laundrie after his family earlier told officers that they haven't seen him since Tuesday. Police said the conversation Friday evening was the first time they'd spoken with the Laundries in detail about the case, and that the meeting came at the family's request.

Dozens of North Port police officers, FBI agents and members of other law enforcement agencies searched the 24,000-acre (9,712-hectare) Carlton Reserve in the Sarasota, Florida area.

“His family says they believe he entered the area earlier this week," North Port Police tweeted Saturday.

Clarification please....is it the Carlton PREserve or the Carlton REserve? This link says PREserve: Your Local Parks | North Port, FL

But I keep finding info on the Carlton REserve. Also, if it is the Carlton Reserve, this not-for-profit has trail cams throughout. But time would be of the essence because according to their site: "We do not usually store videos due to their file size but archive wildlife data and save a selection of still images"

Trail Cameras

North Port Police
@NorthPortPolice

The North Port Police Department, FBI, and agency partners are currently conducting a search of the vast Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie. His family says they believe he entered the area earlier this week. More details when available.

7:36 AM · Sep 18, 2021
Why would LE believe anything this family says at this point? Haven’t they lied for days regarding his whereabouts? For all we know he could be in Any state on the map. IMO

I personally feel that Gabby and Brian were over their heads with it but you never know until you try. Not to mention social media glorifies a lot of things
Snipped by me

Camping can be very hard on people who suffer from anxiety and OCD. There's not a whole lot of structure when going on a road trip for long periods of time. IMO

Heavy police presence for the search for BL:

CBS News
@CBSNews

·
18m

Officials are searching the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the case of his missing fiancé, 22-year-old Gabby Petito. They say his family said they believe he entered the area earlier this week. :North Port Police Department https://cbsn.ws/3kkIw1K
View attachment 313096
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1439249094128586760?s=20

I am genuinely terrified of LE in most instances but seeing this made me feel comfort—comfort for Gabby’s family that the world is sharing in their fiery rage over the loss of their daughter. I am happy that LE is deeply invested in locating him. He is the only one at this point that could point them to where she is so her family can have closure.

I wouldn’t be able to do what they did. I’d be too scared. But that’s the thing, all these comments going back and forth on whether or not it’s dangerous are subjective. I think what it really comes down to is there are people who can handle it and there are people who can’t. More important though are the people who THINK they can handle it. Point is, the van life lifestyle isn’t for everyone. I personally feel that Gabby and Brian were over their heads with it but you also never know something is not for you until you try. Not to mention social media glorifies a lot of things.
I'd be too scared now,but way back when I was their age I was invincible......or so I thought. When I look back at the misadventures I took at their ages, I shudder. I was SOOOO lucky to not have been assaulted or worse. Most were great adventures and many were outright dangerous.

There is nothing “laid back” about BL anywhere that I have seen. He’s incredibly high strung. The cop even asks him “Are you always this hyper?”
It was just my opinion. I think he did say he had anxiety so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member