Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Josh Taylor is angry. You can tell this is a man that cares, he wants to find Gabby and he's not happy that he was blindsided by the Laundrie family like this. My heart goes out to him, he sounds tired and this has got to be exhausting.

Agreed. LE had no choice but to take the family and the attorney at their words and believe that BL was with his family. For all we know the attorney was also blindsided and had no idea he wasn’t at the home either. I personally believe BL has been gone from the house since at least the day that Gabby’s dad called the police about the situation, but I suspect he was gone long before then and this is just a ruse by his parents to buy him time.

Wow, Josh Taylor is angry. You can tell this is a man that cares, he wants to find Gabby and he's not happy that he was blindsided by the Laundrie family like this. My heart goes out to him, he sounds tired and this has got to be exhausting.

Agreed. LE had no choice but to take the family and the attorney at their words and believe that BL was with his family. For all we know the attorney was also blindsided and had no idea he wasn’t at the home either. I personally believe BL has been gone from the house since at least the day that Gabby’s dad called the police about the situation, but I suspect he was gone long before then and this is just a ruse by his parents to buy him time.

They may have had him admitted to a psych hospital on Tuesday and still say they haven’t seen him since then.
He is a person of interest in a missing person case. He would not fall under HIPPA law. We discussed this numerous times in this thread. You can go back to find it being discussed many times and the mod's even stated the Hippa rules do not apply.
<modsnip>

GABRIELLE PETITO | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Date(s) of Birth Used March 19, 1999
Place of Birth Long Island, New York
Hair Blonde (long)
Eyes Blue
Height 5'5"
Weight 110 pounds
Sex Female
Race White
Nationality American
Scars and Marks Petito has visible tattoos on her hand and forearm.
Remarks:
Petito has ties to North Port, Florida, and Suffolk County, New York.

Details:
The FBI, in coordination with the National Park Service, the Teton County Sheriff’s Office, the Jackson Police Department, and other state, and local law enforcement agencies across the country, are investigating the disappearance of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito.

Ms. Petito, 22, was last known to be in the area of Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August 2021 and was reported missing on September 11, 2021. She was on a cross-country road trip with her boyfriend visiting national parks in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. She and her boyfriend were driving a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a variety of stickers on the back. The van is registered to Ms. Petito with Florida plate QFTG03.

Submit a Tip:
If you have information regarding this case, such as potential sightings, photos, videos, or other details concerning Ms. Petito, your tips may be submitted anonymously online at tips.fbi.gov or by phone to 1-800-CALL-FBI or 303-629-7171. Images and videos may be submitted to fbi.gov/petito. You may also contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
Field Office: Denver
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/gabrielle-gabby-petito/download.pdf

Statement released from North Port Police just now -- said he was last seen "WEARING A HIKING BAG WITH A WAIST STRAP."

I don't know anyone who wears a HIKING BAG with a WAIST STRAP inside their parents' living room.

Why was this included in the police note? WHERE was he last seen?!

I'm assuming on a hiking trail.

This is just unbelievable - he was last seen wearing a backpack w/ waist strap. Seen by who, his parents? Who said what, "OK Brian, have a nice walk"? Did whoever saw him on Tuesday not think it alarming when he strapped on a big backpack and took off? For the love of god!

https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1439067990545272833?s=20
upload_2021-9-17_22-55-23.png

FWIW, BL’s Depop account has plenty of photos of his face close up wearing a mask (to sell masks with his designs). Probably would be useful to circulate those.

This feels very much like it needs a IMO/MOO disclaimer. ha ha (MOO)

I think you’re misunderstanding. They’re saying there is no evidence of a crime yet. So it is not a crime investigation. They are not saying that they aren’t investigating to see if there WAS/IS a crime. There just isn’t evidence yet that there has been a crime. There could be in the future.
I did say, IMO.

I personally believe BL has been gone from the house since at least the day that Gabby’s dad called the police about the situation, but I suspect he was gone long before then and this is just a ruse by his parents to buy him time.

I love my kids but if they do anything awful I’ll be the one calling the cops, not covering up for their sorry rear ends. I can’t imagine parents like this. Probably explains the problem child, though.

I don't have Twitter so I can't read that. Does it clarify if that was before or after the parents spoke to LE? I'm guessing it was a joint effort either way as the parents were obviously in contact with this attorney.
You shouldn’t need a Twitter account to view it, it’s public. Here’s the photo of the statement. The attorney is the one who contacted the FBI and is the reason the police went to talk to the family. The attorney reported him missing and set up the interview with the family. Presumably at the request of the family, though could have been at their request after the attorney urged them to. Realistically it doesn’t really make a difference either way, does it?

Attachments

• B4318BD8-9C04-4D54-9CC0-321F36B5ACB9.png
    B4318BD8-9C04-4D54-9CC0-321F36B5ACB9.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 47
Considering the police just released a statement that Brian was last seen donning a hiking backpack "with waist straps," I'm going to assume (IMO! Don't delete me again!) that he wasn't spotted in person by his parents in his backyard. I'm going to say that it seems more probable his parents were in contact with him electronically, and he was somehow still in the wilderness.
So how did the van get back??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member