Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#MISSING UPDATE: "We have attempted to speak with Brian [Laundrie], so far his family has given us the number of their attorney."
North Port Police Department in Florida confirms the van Gabby Petito was travelling in with her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, was seized. The van was found at the home of Laundrie's parents.
However, they say no sign of Petito was found with either Laundrie or the van. It appears Laundrie returned to Florida without Petito.
Coming up at 10 p.m. Ashley Moser will have the full update and message from North Port Police to Laundrie.
North Port Police are assisting the Suffolk County Police Department in the investigation.

Oh dear, the officer says they confiscated "her vehicle".

Welp...

I have the strangest theory. Can’t fall asleep because I keep thinking about it and I can’t think of anything we know so far that would prove it to not be possible…

Her dad mentioned in an interview that she lived for experiences. That was what was important to her. What if she found out she was sick, such as cancer. Didn’t tell her parents because she knew it would create such sadness, going through treatments, being tied down, and feeling even sicker. Wanted to be with her boyfriend and really experience what the world has to offer, explore, live freely, not be tied to anything. Didn’t want her family to be sad. Either decided to travel as long as she could or decided at some point she would end it. Colorado, Washington, and Oregan are right to die states. Either way her boyfriend could either join her or she was going on her own. Young love, nothing tying them down, and they both know it’s for limited time. They document it so that her family will be able to look back and know she was happy and experienced everything she’d could. She had everything in writing. The plan was that once she was no longer with us, he was to drive back home and contact an attorney. There’s no way he could contact the police right away from wherever they were. Nobody would believe him, not the police, not her family. She told him to contact the attorney as soon as he got home. He/she would verify everything, locate her body, and then they will go to police. And that is why he’s home without the girl he loves and not speaking with police…yet.

Then some more things come to mind. If they were making video posts, and he was involved in her disappearance, why would he ever think he’d get away with it. The videos show their trip. It would make no sense.

She’s young, 22, but it’s very possible as an independent young woman that she attended her doctor appointments alone and her parents truly had no idea she had a health issue.

I just don’t thing he hurt her. I think it’s going to turn out to be something very different from all the sad cases we read about so often.

#MISSING UPDATE: "We have attempted to speak with Brian [Laundrie], so far his family has given us the number of their attorney."
North Port Police Department in Florida confirms the van Gabby Petito was travelling in with her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, was seized. The van was found at the home of Laundrie's parents.
However, they say no sign of Petito was found with either Laundrie or the van. It appears Laundrie returned to Florida without Petito.
Coming up at 10 p.m. Ashley Moser will have the full update and message from North Port Police to Laundrie.
North Port Police are assisting the Suffolk County Police Department in the investigation.

Does the part saying no sign of her was found with the van mean her belongings were not in the van?

So it was her van, according to this report. Things are looking even weirder. She leaves him with her van?

Been going through her IG and found this. Having been to Delicate Arch twice this is NOT the safe side and yes its manageable but a 1000 foot drop is right behind BL. I also saw in the video where during the last trip to the west coast he was navigating a rocky shore cliff with little room for error. Was their "hiking/rock climbing" experience overrated? Neither seem to be tethered to reality very well. He seems to be one of those copy artists...who "borrow" styles as homage but then try to sell little prints 'n stuff.

Login • Instagram

What I don’t understand if GP said go ahead and take the van without me I’ll find another way home why wouldn’t BL tell her family that? Me as a parent would be very angry and upset if my daughters BF left her out in the middle of nowhere, is that why he’s not saying anything? But why retain an attorney unless he’s afraid of her parents but if that’s the case why not talk to LE? My guess is BL has already told his parents what happened and are buying time before coming forward even making up a story. He can’t hide forever. I wonder what kind of attorney they retained? I feel so bad for her family. I hope GP is safe somewhere.

I have the strangest theory. Can’t fall asleep because I keep thinking about it and I can’t think of anything we know so far that would prove it to not be possible…

Her dad mentioned in an interview that she lived for experiences. That was what was important to her. What if she found out she was sick, such as cancer. Didn’t tell her parents because she knew it would create such sadness, going through treatments, being tied down, and feeling even sicker. Wanted to be with her boyfriend and really experience what the world has to offer, explore, live freely, not be tied to anything. Didn’t want her family to be sad. Either decided to travel as long as she could or decided at some point she would end it. Colorado, Washington, and Oregan are right to die states. Either way her boyfriend could either join her or she was going on her own. Young love, nothing tying them down, and they both know it’s for limited time. They document it so that her family will be able to look back and know she was happy and experienced everything she’d could. She had everything in writing. The plan was that once she was no longer with us, he was to drive back home and contact an attorney. There’s no way he could contact the police right away from wherever they were. Nobody would believe him, not the police, not her family. She told him to contact the attorney as soon as he got home. He/she would verify everything, locate her body, and then they will go to police. And that is why he’s home without the girl he loves and not speaking with police…yet.

Then some more things come to mind. If they were making video posts, and he was involved in her disappearance, why would he ever think he’d get away with it. The videos show their trip. It would make no sense.

She’s young, 22, but it’s very possible as an independent young woman that she attended her doctor appointments alone and her parents truly had no idea she had a health issue.

I just don’t thing he hurt her. I think it’s going to turn out to be something very different from all the sad cases we read about so often.
The world is full of people who think that they will get away with things. And some do.
I cannot believe that story. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with a previous poster that most likely scenario is something bad happened and he called mommy and daddy in panic and they instructed him to drive home immediately...

SBM BBM
Just my opinion arguing your opinion but, FWIW, that doesn't sit right with me. I think its odd in two ways. 1) I don't think it would be a parent's first inclination to advise his/her son to leave the scene and avoid justice. This strikes me like the oft-suggested idea that a person has gone missing because she was hit by a car and the driver took the dead body in order to avoid prosecution - meaning it has probably happened but is nonsensical. 2) I don't think a parent would suggest that the son drive cross-country in this scenario. Even if I'm wrong about #1, wouldn't the parent tell him to wait and then fly to him? I can't picture the conversation. "Just come home, try not to panic and drive off the road, everything will be okay after 2000 miles and 4 days. And don't get stopped by a cop because he'll be able to tell you're acting weirdly." Doesn't sound right. IMO

Maybe not. I don't have kids, so my logic when it comes to dealing with kids is often flawed.

Last edited:
So it was her van, according to this report. Things are looking even weirder. She leaves him with her van?

That's what I keep reading/hearing on the reports that try to explain it (I'm contacting reporters and asking them to confirm). That she had a car, traded it in for the van.

I'm not happy either way (jointly owned or hers) if he took off and left her. If he was going to do that, he needed to do the smart thing and confer with both her and her parents. I wonder who is paying the insurance.

Of course, I'm looking at this as a grandma of two free-spirited youngsters who are about to be free-spirited young women.

If she decided to find "another way home" surely she would have alerted her parents, just in case she needed something along the way. I'm guessing we'll find that her ATM card has not been used, nor her CC's, nor her phone.

And I bet the time of the last phone call will be around August 25.

Interesting tidbits you highlighted there. Hoping for the best here and having a hard time coming up with scenarios where that might be the case. But thinking off of some of those quotes I could envision some possibilities(though still unlikely) where she decided to go off intentionally on her own and go dark communicating for a period of time.
^^bbm

I think the quotes are taken out of context and best to listen to the entire interview by mother and stepdad. For example, mother was responding to a reporter's question about what type of person GP was when she provided that GP was free-thinking and did not typically have a plan from day to day EXCEPT she actually had an itinerary for this van trip. Not a plan for day-to-day activities but an agenda of where they hoped to be and what they wanted to see.

GP was keeping in contact with both parents and even told her dad in advance when she believed she was going to be out of cell/wifi range.

GP never let more than a week go in between contact with her dad, and had for frequent contact with her mom.

I don't believe that GP would go dark and intentionally cause her family and friends to have grave worry and concern. MOO

Does the part saying no sign of her was found with the van mean her belongings were not in the van?

I think it just means that she wasn't in the van, no recent use of toothbrush or hairbrush, etc.

I bet there were lots of her things in the van (starting with some of the van decor she purchased).

Is it just me or does the video of the vehicle look like its in the middle of a desert. Being air'd out ? I know MSM says they recovered it from BF's home but that pic kind of shocked me. IMO

Is it just me or does the video of the vehicle look like its in the middle of a desert. Being air'd out ? I know MSM says they recovered it from BF's home but that pic kind of shocked me. IMO

I think the picture of the van in the desert is from the video GB and BL took and prior to GB being missing. I can't recall where they were at that point in the video, but it might be when they were in the Sand Dunes.

I think the picture of the van in the desert is from the video GB and BL took and prior to GB being missing. I can't recall where they were at that point in the video, but it might be when they were in the Sand Dunes.
Thank you. Reading the van was seized from BF's parents home and seeing it in the middle of a dessert, I'm thinking "wheres the house?" I see the walls coming in on this case. IMO

That's what I keep reading/hearing on the reports that try to explain it (I'm contacting reporters and asking them to confirm). That she had a car, traded it in for the van.

I'm not happy either way (jointly owned or hers) if he took off and left her. If he was going to do that, he needed to do the smart thing and confer with both her and her parents. I wonder who is paying the insurance.

Of course, I'm looking at this as a grandma of two free-spirited youngsters who are about to be free-spirited young women.

If she decided to find "another way home" surely she would have alerted her parents, just in case she needed something along the way. I'm guessing we'll find that her ATM card has not been used, nor her CC's, nor her phone.

And I bet the time of the last phone call will be around August 25.

I will not be surprised if we learn the van is owned by the couple jointly. The couple became engaged more than a year ago, and I believe this 22- year old woman, GP, trusted that she was in good company.

I'm saddened that this appears to be a situation where she trusted a man that was capable of leaving her behind and never looking back. I can't think of any situation where driving 2,500 miles cross country and leaving your partner stranded is OK. She obviously had no resources other than the travel van to transport herself back to Florida. Worse yet, her travel partner denied her parents the opportunity to help her even if he chose not to. MOO

I will not be surprised if we learn the van is owned by the couple jointly. The couple became engaged more than a year ago, and I believe this 22- year old woman, GP, trusted that she was in good company.

I'm saddened that this appears to be a situation where she trusted a man that was capable of leaving her behind and never looking back. I can't think of any situation where driving 2,500 miles cross country and leaving your partner stranded is OK. She obviously had no resources other than the travel van to transport herself back to Florida. Worse yet, her travel partner denied her parents the opportunity to help her even if he chose not to. MOO
I could not agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member