Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find it eerie on their Nomadic Statik Spotify account under the playlist "Mtntop" 13 days ago 4 songs were added (Aug 31?) All from the same artist named Matt Berry his album "Witchhazel". The four songs off his tracks: Take My Hand, The Pheasant, Woman, & The Badgers Wake. I'm posting this link to the lyrics of the last one which I find eerie. (I didn't check lyrics on the other 3)
Matt Berry – The Badger's Wake Lyrics | Genius Lyrics
Yikes!

My thought is: Who uploaded the songs 13 days ago? Something obviously has happened to Gabby after Aug 25 when she spoke to her mom - So between Aug 26 & Sept 11. We know it would take him 2 or 3 days to drive home perhaps, and it's likely he returned home long before her parents found out he was back. My gut tells me it was highly unlikely that Gabby added the songs to the playlist.

I wonder if any of Gabby's personal effects have been removed by BL from the Florida home? As if she were not coming back?
I am happy police had her van. There are the photos of what was inside the van, so it would be telling I'd think for forensics to compare and see what changed inside it once they impounded it.

Say more, please, I don't understand your point. In this case the mom says she wasn't sure. "I don’t know if that was her texting me or not." What does that uncertainty imply, to you?
Every missing person case I've followed in the last 3 years included the accused impersonating the missing victim. Fortunately, FBI is excellent with cellphone forensics and this will be flushed out. The accused uses every opportunity to delay detection. Every day delayed is another day for evidence to be destroyed, and decomposition to eliminate important forensic samples. MOO

I am happy police had her van. There are the photos of what was inside the van, so it would be telling I'd think for forensics to compare and see what changed inside it once they impounded it.
There's quite a bit of footage from their YT video of the inside.
The bed itself is on top of what looks like clear Sterilite or Rubbermaid containers ?
Probably for clothes, towels, etc. ?
IF all of her belongings are still there, BL will have some 'splainin' to do, I think ?
If she left him, she'd take her stuff with her.
Imo.

Find it eerie on their Nomadic Statik Spotify account under the playlist "Mtntop" 13 days ago 4 songs were added (Aug 31?) All from the same artist named Matt Berry his album "Witchhazel". The four songs off his tracks: Take My Hand, The Pheasant, Woman, & The Badgers Wake. I'm posting this link to the lyrics of the last one which I find eerie. (I didn't check lyrics on the other 3)
Matt Berry – The Badger's Wake Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

I think of Matt Wade in The Mighty Boosh - comedy actor. Well, I guess I just learned he's a musician! hmmm

Every missing person case I've followed in the last 3 years included the accused impersonating the missing victim. Fortunately, FBI is excellent with cellphone forensics and this will be flushed out. The accused uses every opportunity to delay detection. Every day delayed is another day for evidence to be destroyed, and decomposition to eliminate important forensic evidence. MOO

Thank you, but I wasn't really arguing that point. Given your experience, does it seem as if this text, if indeed it was an impersonation, was a bit innocuous? Why not be more explicit? It seems to me that these alibi texts are usually more along the lines of "Need to take a few days away." Also, it seems like the impersonator is usually quick to point to the alibi texts to establish his alibi, which hasn't happened publicly in this case.

Thank you, but I wasn't really arguing that point. Given your experience, does it seem as if this text, if indeed it was an impersonation, was a bit innocuous? Why not be more explicit? It seems to me that these alibi texts are usually more along the lines of "Need to take a few days away." Also, it seems like the impersonator is usually quick to point to the alibi texts to establish his alibi, which hasn't happened publicly in this case.
Because that does not happen in any of the cases I have known. They just text to make it look like the person is still ok.

Someone else probably said this but haven’t gotten there yet… Many of the Instagram descriptions say they were edited, especially the lengthy ones.

Not sure if there is a way to see the dates they were edited on? Wish it was like FB, that actually shows you the original & the edits.

Also, her last 2 Instagram posts appear to be older pics that were reposted… also weird… and they seemed to coincide date wise with “her” last two text messages…

Indeed! I also mentioned the wrong date for the hotel checkout in that post. <modsnip> Then Gabby posts it on August 19th with the comment about the guy leaving trash on a picnic table which actually sounded like something Brian would say based on some of his other posts. Now as for that butterfly mural photo from the 25th. That's a mural in Ogden, Utah that's attached to an art gallery/event center called "The Monarch." I had said in another post perhaps she took and posted the photo right then and there on the 25th but I guess it's also possible she took it on the 24th, the day they checked out of the hotel in Salt Lake City and Ogden just happened to be a stop off along the way as they headed north and Gabby didn't post it until the following day on August 25th. The day they supposedly arrived in Grand Teton. Which has anyone clarified if that was a phone call or a text message? I agree though, all the dates are very confusing and may not be 100% accurate. Even her mom couldn't remember if they spoke on the 23rd or the 24th of August.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most obvious thing is to compare pictures from the trip and see what clothes and shoes are there or missing. Is all of her stuff gone? Did she keep a written journal? What about jewelry, toothbrush, favorite food, etc. Is anything broken or clothing torn? And so on. Edited to add: If all her stuff is gone, where is she? If any of her stuff is still there, same question - where is she?

Last edited:
Thank you for this. With so few facts the speculation, which will shortly be discussed as if it were fact, is already taking over. Let us keep in mind how little we know before we start dismissing and negatively judging others. IMO

shout out to @HolographicOne who said something similar and more eloquently but that I hadn't seen before I posted

JMO. I would have to ignore a lot to expect a good outcome in this case. There is always the exception to the rule. These cases tend follow the statistics and end the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member