Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find it eerie on their Nomadic Statik Spotify account under the playlist "Mtntop" 13 days ago 4 songs were added (Aug 31?) All from the same artist named Matt Berry his album "Witchhazel". The four songs off his tracks: Take My Hand, The Pheasant, Woman, & The Badgers Wake. I'm posting this link to the lyrics of the last one which I find eerie. (I didn't check lyrics on the other 3)
Matt Berry – The Badger's Wake Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

that would have been the fiancé posting stuff he liked.

I’d really love to have the info on what they found in that van. Does Florida still have the sunshine statute that allows the media to get ahold of public records during an investigation?

IMO, this is one of those situations where it won’t make much sense either way. If her belongings are still there it seems highly unlikely she’d be okay with BL taking off with all of her stuff (and the van itself). Alternatively, her belongings being missing is equally bizarre. Like did she attempt to walk out of GTNP hauling multiple sterilite boxes?

IMO

Last edited:
HOLD ON HERE FOLKS…..

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY FOR A CLEANUP OF NUMEROUS BLATANT VIOLATIONS OF WEBSLEUTHS TERMS OF SERVICE.

CHECK BACK IN A FEW MINUTES TO GIVE ME TIME TO REMOVE THE OFFENDING POSTS, ISSUE TIME OUTS WHERE APPROPRIATE, AND COMPOSE A REMINDER OF WHAT CAN’T BE SAID ON THIS THREAD.
(YES I KNOW I AM YELLING - INTENTIONALLY)

Last edited:
To avoid having your post removed and risk losing posting privileges:

- remember that Gabby, her family and her friends are considered VICTIMS, and protected by Websleuths’ victim-friendly policy (including BL)
- don’t accuse someone of being guilty of crime (unless LE has)
- don’t post anything as fact without an MSM link.
- don’t use derogatory names for ANYone.
- don’t discuss comments from ANYone on any social media.
- the ONLY social media links allowed right now are those belonging to the missing person Gabby Petito, OR MSM and LE sites.
- don’t sleuth anyone except Gabby. Sleuthing/researching her boyfriend is off limits at this time.
- don’t bicker.

This is not the complete list of rules, but merely the ones that have been violated here this evening. Do yourself and Websleuths a favor and read over THE RULES HERE to help keep this thread opened.

Thread is now open for posting - responsibly and respectfully.
THANKS for your efforts to do that going forward.

Find it eerie on their Nomadic Statik Spotify account under the playlist "Mtntop" 13 days ago 4 songs were added (Aug 31?) All from the same artist named Matt Berry his album "Witchhazel". The four songs off his tracks: Take My Hand, The Pheasant, Woman, & The Badgers Wake. I'm posting this link to the lyrics of the last one which I find eerie. (I didn't check lyrics on the other 3)

Interesting lyrics...:eek:

Based on mother's comments in daily mail, it seems maybe her daughter took off. But they didn't mention if they had talked to the boyfriend/fiance. And won't talk about what was in her last texts.

'I can't say much, but she's no longer with the van,' Schmidt told Fox News of her daughter. 'I don't want to say anything more than that but for people looking for her, I want them to look for her now, not look for that van anymore'

'We are looking for her. We are not focusing on anything else, but finding her . . . I believe she's gonna come home.'

"I don't know if I believe she's in danger for a particular reason, I just believe she's in danger because she's not in touch with us and she could be alone somewhere, she could be stranded somewhere in the wilderness. And she needs help. And I know we're not out there, but I hope everyone's looking for her. I hope that the hikers and the rangers and the campers and everybody has her face and they're looking for her actively"

That is strange what could this mean? Moms last day of contact was the Aug 30th.

This answers my previous question about how Gabby and her mom habitually communicated. A mixture of ways. No telling then really whether the last text was genuine or not. But, at least 3 times a week, yet nothing in the last 14 days. :(

"At least three times a week we would FaceTime, call, text frequently. She kept me updated on this whole trip.”
Ms Schmidt said they last spoke via FaceTimed about three weeks ago, adding the last text she received was on 30 August.
Mother of woman missing after trip with boyfriend makes emotional plea

I think we have to hear the boyfriend's story or otherwise get more details before we can be more sure...

I do think If she just ran off with some studly trail guide or another van-lifer she'd met through social media - that could explain the boyfriend being home and angry/embarrassed. But... him lawyering up doesn't make me think we're going to have a happy outcome.

* Those Matt Berry songs are 21st century hippy songs... that sound like they are trying to capture a vibe from the late 60's or early 70's. The other 3 aren't as morbid - but are a little forlorn. Maybe there is something to it...

Last edited:
I have the strangest theory. Can’t fall asleep because I keep thinking about it and I can’t think of anything we know so far that would prove it to not be possible…

Her dad mentioned in an interview that she lived for experiences. That was what was important to her. What if she found out she was sick, such as cancer. Didn’t tell her parents because she knew it would create such sadness, going through treatments, being tied down, and feeling even sicker. Wanted to be with her boyfriend and really experience what the world has to offer, explore, live freely, not be tied to anything. Didn’t want her family to be sad. Either decided to travel as long as she could or decided at some point she would end it. Colorado, Washington, and Oregan are right to die states. Either way her boyfriend could either join her or she was going on her own. Young love, nothing tying them down, and they both know it’s for limited time. They document it so that her family will be able to look back and know she was happy and experienced everything she’d could. She had everything in writing. The plan was that once she was no longer with us, he was to drive back home and contact an attorney. There’s no way he could contact the police right away from wherever they were. Nobody would believe him, not the police, not her family. She told him to contact the attorney as soon as he got home. He/she would verify everything, locate her body, and then they will go to police. And that is why he’s home without the girl he loves and not speaking with police…yet.

Then some more things come to mind. If they were making video posts, and he was involved in her disappearance, why would he ever think he’d get away with it. The videos show their trip. It would make no sense.

She’s young, 22, but it’s very possible as an independent young woman that she attended her doctor appointments alone and her parents truly had no idea she had a health issue.

I just don’t thing he hurt her. I think it’s going to turn out to be something very different from all the sad cases we read about so often.

I think it’s lovely that your imagination is so vivid, but IMO this scenario is extremely unlikely.

First, as you mention, they documented their journey. If GP was so ill with cancer or something else that made her fatally ill, you suggest she wouldn’t want to trouble her parents with this knowledge. Yet if she were that ill, her video would show that she was getting sicker and sicker, and there is no evidence of that.

Second, although learning that your child is dying is an unspeakable tragedy, it is worse for a family to find out after the fact. No chance to say goodbye, I love you, let’s get you into treatment and so on, would be torture to a family. She kept in touch with her parents so it seems that they were close. Just fading away or ending it all would be so cruel, and she seemed to be a caring person.

Third, IMO being a missing person is almost worse for a parent than knowing what happened, even if your child is dead. I say this as a mother and grandmother. Not knowing, your thoughts running wild as to where your child is, what happened to her, if she’s alive is she suffering, that is horrendous and unrelenting.

You can see the pain her parents are undergoing. Obviously I didn’t know GP but it seems a harsh scenario to fade away intentionally without giving them a clue.

I have no idea what happened to her. It doesn’t seem promising. The best case scenario right now would be if this were a publicity stunt for followers and subscribers, but I do not believe this to be possible. Not when it’s causing so much pain to her parents and friends.

GP and BL lived together in FL for two years. Should we assume they lived together at his parents' house?
If they had their own place maybe they let it go before they hit the road. I don’t know their financial situation, but perhaps they intended to stay with his parents upon return? Seems they expected to be gone at least through November, a lot of people taking a trip like this might sell their house or give up their apartment to save money.

Maybe they weren't bringing in enough money to fund their trip like they expected and she wanted to return home,
Given what’s been said about her, if they didn’t have enough money, i’d think she’d get some temp work for extra cash rather than head back home.

I also think that if she was stranded she’d let her parents know and/or ask for money to get back home.

I wonder how often Gabby’s parents tried to reach Brian in order to get some info on their daughter. It’s suspicious to me that he got a lawyer so soon instead of just telling them where they parted ways…which tells me they didn’t part amicably.

I think we have to hear the boyfriend's story or otherwise get more details before we can be more sure...

I do think If she just ran off with some studly trail guide or another van-lifer she'd met through social media - that could explain the boyfriend being home and angry/embarrassed. But... him lawyering up doesn't make me think we're going to have a happy outcome.

* Those Matt Berry songs are 21st century hippy songs... that sound like they are trying to capture a vibe from the late 60's or early 70's. The other 3 aren't as morbid - but are a little forlorn. Maybe there is something to it...
I dunno... but at age 23, I never broke up with my partner and had to hire a lawyer when I got home from a road trip without them. JMO

With no other reported facts released, this is just as possible as any other scenario.

And then never communicate with her family again? It it that likely? If she sent the texts then she was pretending all was well to her Mum - why stop? If her BF sent them it was because she was always regularly in contact with her Mom and it would appear strange for her to stop.

IMO, this is one of those situations where it won’t make much sense either way. If her belongings are still there it seems highly unlikely she’d be okay with BL taking off with all of her stuff (and the van itself). Alternatively, her belongings being missing is equally bizarre. Like did she attempt to walk out of GTNP hauling multiple sterilite boxes?

IMO

If her belongings are still in the van it is not a good sign that she is OK, but sometimes people do take off voluntarily and leave most of their stuff behind. By the same token, if her belongings are not still in the van, it doesn't mean that she is the one who removed them.

I always hope for the best, but it is hard to imagine a way that there can be a good outcome.

Having been in both Grand Tetons and Yellowstone several times including this summer, I can say that cell phone service is almost non-existent. You have to be at one of the large campgrounds, such as Colter Bay or Headwaters, or if in Yellowstone at one of the lodges such as Old Faithful. You can travel for hours with no possible cell signal. The parks “attach” to each other - you exit Tetons and then enter the south entrance of Yellowstone - so it is possible she was in both parks. Coming GTNP north to YNP you go through the ranger entry and show your pass or pay (don’t know if the van was “noticed” entering?). However the opposite way, YNP south to GTNP there is no ranger entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper