Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what’s been said about her, if they didn’t have enough money, i’d think she’d get some temp work for extra cash rather than head back home.

I also think that if she was stranded she’d let her parents know and/or ask for money to get back home.

I wonder how often Gabby’s parents tried to reach Brian in order to get some info on their daughter. It’s suspicious to me that he got a lawyer so soon instead of just telling them where they parted ways…which tells me they didn’t part amicably.
I agree. I was pointing out that if they were arguing, it may have been about money and whether they had enough to continue or just enough to get back home.

#MISSING UPDATE: "We have attempted to speak with Brian [Laundrie], so far his family has given us the number of their attorney."
North Port Police Department in Florida confirms the van Gabby Petito was travelling in with her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, was seized. The van was found at the home of Laundrie's parents.
However, they say no sign of Petito was found with either Laundrie or the van. It appears Laundrie returned to Florida without Petito.
Coming up at 10 p.m. Ashley Moser will have the full update and message from North Port Police to Laundrie.
North Port Police are assisting the Suffolk County Police Department in the investigation.

Well, this does not sound good. Not good at all.

That van was her entire life, it had her clothes, belongings, food- She would not be anywhere without that van. It wouldn’t make sense for them to separate to that severity unless some form of foul play was involved. She was sharing the whole experience online and with friends and family, attempted to start a YouTube career and nomadic van life. She was in regular contact with her parents, but suddenly she stops all contact with them and vanishes out of thin air without a trace? And the last person she was seen with is unable to be interrogated by police because his first reaction when he drove back to Florida was to immediately hire a lawyer, and as a result, there is NO news on what the boyfriend said about how and where they separated? He never even bothered to contact his missing fiancé’s parents about her possible whereabouts at any point in time? I’m sorry, but something stinks here.

Last edited:
I may have missed it, but there was some discussion on whether there was confirmation that the van was registered in GP's name. Would LE have been able to impound the van if it had been in BL's name if he chose not to cooperate?

Last edited:
Mom of missing Florida girl, 22, pleads for help to find her daughter | Daily Mail Online

Laundrie returned to their home in North Port, Florida, where the couple moved two years ago, driving the couple's 2012 Ford Transit van, which police confirmed recovering late on Saturday night.

He has remained mum on her whereabouts, reportedly hiring an attorney and refusing to speak publicly about what happened. Asked about Laundrie at the press conference, however, both parents said, 'We can't comment on that.'

North Port police also told Dailymail.com that officers have tried to speak with missing Gabby Petito’s fiancée at the house – but his parents refused to let them.

Forensic experts are now poring over the 2012 model van for fingerprints and any other possible clues.

‘We have the vehicle, we took it away very late Saturday night into Sunday,’ said North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor. ‘We take it, we process it for evidence – fingerprints, any evidentiary value that we think is possible.

‘So we have that vehicle. We are continuing to try to piece the things together. The situation is obviously very fluid.’

He confirmed Laundrie has still not talked with police. ‘We have not talked with him, we would love to talk to him,’ said Taylor.

‘He is under no obligation to talk to us – and he has not. And we don’t even know yet if a crime happened.’

Asked if police had turned up the home of Brian’s parents to speak with him, Taylor replied: ‘Of course.’

I may have missed it, but there was some discussion on whether there was confirmation that the van was registered in GP's name. Would LE have been able to impound the van if it had been in BL's name?

Ownership of the 2012 Ford Transit Van has not been confirmed.
Relative to Vehicular Searches - in the early days of the automobile, the Court created an exception for searches of vehicles, holding in Carroll v United States.
It's much easier to impound a vehicle because there's not a reasonable expectation of privacy that exists with respect to differently situated property.

Vehicular Searches

Indeed! I also mentioned the wrong date for the hotel checkout in that post. <modsnip> Then Gabby posts it on August 19th with the comment about the guy leaving trash on a picnic table which actually sounded like something Brian would say based on some of his other posts. Now as for that butterfly mural photo from the 25th. That's a mural in Ogden, Utah that's attached to an art gallery/event center called "The Monarch." I had said in another post perhaps she took and posted the photo right then and there on the 25th but I guess it's also possible she took it on the 24th, the day they checked out of the hotel in Salt Lake City and Ogden just happened to be a stop off along the way as they headed north and Gabby didn't post it until the following day on August 25th. The day they supposedly arrived in Grand Teton. Which has anyone clarified if that was a phone call or a text message? I agree though, all the dates are very confusing and may not be 100% accurate. Even her mom couldn't remember if they spoke on the 23rd or the 24th of August.
Couldn’t mom look at her call history to see what day there was a call/FaceTime? I know I can so my guess is by now she knows exactly what day and time the last verbal contact was
JMO

What.u see.on the videos is not.real.life!
Thats.what they want you to see!
Agree!
Their online content looks like they are imitating what they have seen elsewhere on Youtube. Such van/tent life isn't 24/7 paradise. To me she does not look like a tough outdoor girl, but rather like a typical happy go lucky naive city girl.

She was sharing the whole experience online and with friends and family, attempted to start a YouTube career and nomadic van life.

Is this so?
They have only ONE Youtube video online and a few images elsewhere. For an online career this is quite meager.

Strange, nevertheless ...

If, OTOH, I knew I'd done something wrong (lost my child because I was impaired in some way), I guess I would lawyer up. (But no, not really - even in that case, I'd want my child/partner/dog to be found).

(Quotes RSBM.) Agree. If there was a situation where your child (or partner) was harmed or lost due to your negligence you might get a lawyer, but normal behavior would be to also seek help. You might fib about the circumstances to avoid seeming so negligent, but you would call for help.
You wouldn't just walk away from the hurt / missing person forever.
Even people who have an incident while they are blacked-out have called for help the next day once they've sobered-up.

She was very free spirited.If he believed she left him and took off with some other guy ,I can see him returning without her.

I can't see him just returning without her without an electronic trail concerning the "break-up" (angry text messages to her, messages to a friend bashing her, something). Of course that's just my speculation, but I wonder what LE could find on his phone (if they manage to get it!)

Also if his family is not advising him to share the truth with investigators, I find that mighty suspicious. It's not a good look for any of them, if true.

(This whole post is just my opinions.)

May have missed a lot. Got to page 14, but thread has moved fast and have to sleep...

Traveled western US with current boyfriend for almost a year in compact car, sleeping in a tent. Sure, we fought a lot about typical things nomadic couples fight over, but NEVER would have left him for ANYTHING in the world and if he disappeared for ANY reason I would have immediately called his mother upon returning to cell service, even if doing so would have incriminated me. My biggest motivation would ALWAYS be finding him, regardless of any potential blame and/or consequences

Jmo, wanted to share based on personal life experiences

And just to reiterate...because I can't make this clear enough...there is absolutely NOTHING my boyfriend could have done to make me feel okay with leaving him out in the desert without alerting his family of his whereabouts! I would NEVER hold anything back that could lead to him being found if he went missing, regardless of any harm he inflicted upon me

It seems to me like this future in law situation was very precarious and lacked approval from Gabbys family. I wonder why? Jmo

Last edited:
Ownership of the 2012 Ford Transit Van has not been confirmed.
Relative to Vehicular Searches - in the early days of the automobile, the Court created an exception for searches of vehicles, holding in Carroll v United States.
It's much easier to impound a vehicle because there's not a reasonable expectation of privacy that exists with respect to differently situated property.

Vehicular Searches

Page 26 video, LE states they located HER vehicle and then confiscated HER vehicle. So unless they are talking about a different vehicle it sounds like the Ford was in her name.

Going to share Nomadic Statik's shared Spotify for anyone who might be interested in what music was being listened to in recent months/days leading up to Gabby's disappearance.

Interesting, is that there is a playlist made after Gabby's disappearance. It's called "Selfconsumption," with dates of songs added 15 days ago (around Aug. 30).

You can see other playlists made "by Gabby" or "by Brian," plus the most recent dates of songs added to each playlist.

The last 2 songs added by "Happy Calm gabby" to the playlist "Mello Yello" are sad love songs. One is called "Lovelost" (added 23 days ago) and one called "Annie's Requiem" (added 24 days ago). (That would have been approximately Aug. 21 and 22).

Probably means nothing at all, but it's interesting to me to have a small peek at what each of them might have been feeling the last few weeks.

Nomadic Statik

Last edited:
Watched the YouTube video. Wow. The whole thing was just odd. Very strange aura. I can’t think of a word to describe them…IMO they seem kind of disconnected. Like from reality. I understand that was probably the purpose of this trip, but it was just weird feeling. JMO
Totally. Guaranteed this dude, an artist, spent a bunch of $$ on A/V and computer/recording equipment. He records his own music for the videos, he has a drone obviously, he probably spent most of their trip working on that video and ignoring her. He knows she's the money maker because she's pretty. She gets tired of it, they don't make the windfall or go viral like he planned on, the wildfires and major heat wave thwart his idyllic vision, he blames the failure on her...Just thinking out loud.

I'm an artist and know these types...the 'tortured artist' dudes can get scary fast if things don't go their way. A lot of the time they are from rich families and have had everything handed to them and their mothers are over protective and treat the artist son like a god and that he's the most brilliant special person on earth. They truly believe this and freak out when their facade is criticised or exposed JMO

Some of my own speculation, and gaps in knowledge, and questions:

1. Which happened first: GB reported missing on September 11th, or BL returned home with their van, sans GB?

2. A photo of GB was uploaded to her Instagram profile on August 26th, at the Monarch, Ogden, which is on the way to Grand Teton National Park from Salt Lake City. On 24th August, both GB and BL were seen checking out of a hotel in SLC. On 25th August GB spoke to her mum on the phone, saying she was in GTNP. Was it GB that uploaded it? The photo must have been taken prior to 26th though, unless they doubled back

3. GB phone sent texts to GB mum up to August 30th. What was the contents of the texts? Is the suspicion they weren’t sent by GB solely as last verbal contact was 5 days prior – or was the message tone/contents/formatting different to GB usual texting style

4. GB mum mentions she is unsure on what direction their relationship was taking, based on call with GB on 25th. Possible that they broke up on/around this date. There was a lot of pressure for them to present as happy & in love online, based on the image they curated. Could be embarrassing to publicly admit they decided to end the engagement. Maybe GB told BL to go back home without her and she would carry on solo – made new friends perhaps? Crucial here to know what date BL made it back to Florida. If this is the case, highly unusual for GB to not inform her parents… unless again, it would be too embarrassing to admit they had split up, or she didn’t want them worrying about her going solo. I think after all that time in a small van together, there could be more than a few sources of tension: maybe van life wasn’t for BL, or GB realised she wanted more than their relationship. If GB did continue without BL, makes sense for BL to not report her missing – he wouldn’t have known.

5. Their first YouTube video went up on August 19th. Could things really take such a dark turn so quickly, intentionally? Was there an accident?

This does show that posts were gradually less frequent. They were really going many places. And often sleeping in the tent, not the van bed. Even if you LOVE camping, which I do, that’s an exhausting itinerary, imo. A lot of driving, setting up & taking down. Fatigue generally doesn’t bring out the best in people-even in beautiful places. They were in their 8th week when Gabby disappeared.
Is it too fishy that they were in Moab the exact day the gals were found murdered?

Looking for a positive outcome here. Maybe they met up with a group or commune type of thing. Maybe she wanted to stay behind with them and he didn't?

A far reach, I know.
Why was he so quick to get back? Wasn't their trip supposed to end in Oregon spending Halloween with family/friends? So they still had another 2 months of traveling to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member