Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not divorced. According to his FB page, he has been married to her mother for 21 years, this past June.
I read from the fundraising page, their family friend stated that Gabby's mother is married to someone named Jimmy, not Gabby's father, whose name is Joe, but that he's friendly with both mom and dad.

I agree with a previous poster that most likely scenario is something bad happened and he called mommy and daddy in panic and they instructed him to drive home immediately and they hired him a lawyer.

Sadly this is all too common in these cases. Baby boy messes up and mom and dad are scrambling to clean it up. Moooooo

It seems every week I read about a death of someone trying to get a selfie at the edge of a mountain, cliff whatever just to impress their social media followers but if this were the case why would he not report this to authorities instead of driving back home?
It makes no sense that he would drive back home without her if he knew she fell down a cliff.

Did his parents know he was on his way back or did he just show up one day? Did anyone at all know that he was driving back home?

Hopefully we'll get a statement from BL's lawyer in the next day or so. If we do, I hope it answers some of our questions.
Fingers crossed. I don't see how there might've been an accident though. Only a sociopath would choose not to alert anyone that there was an accident with their own fiance...unless the accident was that he hurt her.

@wyome, I'm sorry my message was unclear to you.

My post was in response to OP questioning if the couple received unemployment benefits. Again, nowhere did my post cite anything about "a government system failure."

Government defined which services were essential during the staged shutdown of businesses, and I don't believe providing for the unemployed during a global crisis to be a failure. This is my opinion only and it's not necessary for you to agree with me.

Appreciate the clarifying. I will admit that I am sensitive to government assistance.
A young couple that goes on an intended 4-month vacation and lives with his parents...I can't even reconcile the two with govt. assistance.

I completely agree that the govt. needed to take care of people during this time. For those that truly needed it.

Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC

Concerning LE:
In an email, the Suffolk County Police Department confirmed the van was located but did not specify where.
They also declined to provide information on Petito's boyfriend or his current whereabouts.

A department spokesperson also said the department does not comment on suspects or persons of interest adding, "We are not commenting on who has been spoken to in relation to this investigation."

Gabby's mom regarding her last facetime communication with her daughter Aug. 25:
"She seemed okay to me at the time, other than I didn't know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend."

Dad ordered uber eats for the couple in Salt Lake City on August 21. Dad's last communication with Gabby.

Both "last communications" with parents are interesting. Could have been running out of money and arguing?

This seems telling to me, mom doesn't where the relationship was heading. Were interactions between the two strained enough to call it quits? Mutually? In the middle of a road trip?

I was side eying the boyfriend big time yesterday, but today I can see how his actions can make sense even if it sucks for us wanna knowers. I wonder if he's done talking to her parents and the lawyer is there to keep what he considers harassment contact as well as monitored police interview? Saying he's not cooperating may mean different things to different people. The van was impounded, which shows some cooperation or forced action by police.

Okay - so, he somehow manages to keep this information to himself (she vanished without a trace) while he drives across country to his family - but never contacts her family?

Is this what engagements have come to? The fact remains that if she did indeed suddenly disappear on him (with or without someone else's assistance), in the vast area of Wyoming, near Grand Teton - he ought to have let local authorities know. Perhaps he has a reason (his own mental health?) for not doing so.

It can't be possible that he doesn't know the last time that he did see her (and what she had done, at least in part, for the 24 hours preceding). They were, after all, in a hotel together. Then they were in GTNP together...
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not speculating. We don't know what has been said or not said. We know the van was recovered because in the first interview GP's mother said to look for GP not the van, which everyone knew meant the van was recovered. Later almost all news sources edited to report this.
It's hard to be impartial as a human being, but every LE release has said this
"We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port," police said in a statement. "With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers."

Police have not identified Laundrie as a suspect, nor have they associated him with Petito’s disappearance. Suffolk County police did not immediately respond to questions Monday about Laundrie's whereabouts and he did not respond to a request for comment.

everyone agrees it’s a very strange plan for him to come up with to drive straight home to his parents without his fiance, and immediately have lawyers and not tell his fiancé’s family anything.

Pure speculation, but Maybe he called his parents from far away to say something very very bad happened and they instructed him to drive straight home and lawyer up. The strange plan makes more sense in that context
OH BOY, I hope they have those cell records. IMO
Okay - so, he somehow manages to keep this information to himself (she vanished without a trace) while he drives across country to his family - but never contacts her family?

Is this what engagements have come to? The fact remains that if she did indeed suddenly disappear on him (with or without someone else's assistance), in the vast area of Wyoming, near Grand Teton - he ought to have let local authorities know. Perhaps he has a reason (his own mental health?) for not doing so.

It can't be possible that he doesn't know the last time that he did see her (and what she had done, at least in part, for the 24 hours preceding). They were, after all, in a hotel together. Then they were in GTNP together...
I would love to know if he contacted his family on his way home, in the meantime they worked on getting a lawyer before he even got home. I don't know this but your post put my mind into this swivel. I know they are looking into phone records but oh boy! This is nothing factual and ALL IMO.

The least likely scenario is that he woke up one morning to find her gone and decided to pack up and drive home to Florida. Most people, even young people in that kind of scenario, would be concerned about their missing loved one and would reach out to LE and or family to get help to locate and make sure that person was okay.

Even if she voluntarily left, it's odd she wouldn't contact her family, which she seemed very close to. I know people do voluntarily go missing all the time, but that doesn't quite seem to fit with the information we know about her. It seemed like she regularly kept in touch with her family. If it was something like she broke up with her boyfriend and they were parting ways, why not call your parents and let them know? If the van was joint ownership, why did he drive the van home alone? If it was a break-up, why not end the trip and get back to Florida together?

Things don't quite add up.

Totally agree. It bothers me that HE isn’t cooperating with LE. Even if he left, why wouldn’t he try to track her down with the info he knows? I believe he knows he knows the answers. Just my opinion!

What makes you so confident?

Well, first off this scenario is literally nothing like the SH case.

The boyfriend didn't call authorities

3+ LE agencies are already on it

Those agencies are not USVI

Their entire trip was based on documentation which presents an incredibly large digital trail

I mean, these are just a few that come to mind but I see almost no similarities except a free spirited missing female and a male who's lawyered up not talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beta.99