Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, this kid is dumber than a box of rocks when picking a place in nature to hide. He is most definitely at risk - mother nature is cruel. He's lived here for years. Has he never heard of Rothenbach Park, Blind Pass Beach, South Lido Beach Park???? You might run into the random fat iguana, snakes and mosquitoes but not usually panthers, bears, and not likely many gators. Don't swim at dusk so you're not shark bait. He could have taken a county bus for a few bucks and hid out for quite some time. In the daylight there's bathrooms, grills, etc. He would blend right in with the homeless population.

Please remember, BL didn't "do himself in" over the span of the 2300 miles between Grand Teton and North Port. Seems to me that grueling drive back to his nest is more a statement of self-preservation than anything else.
Now, we're supposed to believe he's chosen to sleep among gators and voracious mosquitoes...in the rain, in order to get his head straight.
...plus, Mom and Dad supposedly left him carless in those conditions for 3 days before their lights went off.
C'mon.

Let us all remember that BL has still not been charged with anything, which in turn would make obtaining a warrant for many of the searches being asked or questioned, impossible.
The LE are able to seek BL only on the fact that he's a missing person now, which still limits certain searches.
I agree but many families and businesses would provide that video information freely without hesitation I feel if asked

This. He must have battered her psyche so badly she was apologizing for being a lot, for being OCD, for being mean, and basically for just existing. No. Just no.
As a woman, I can tell you those tears were not this was a regular disagreement tears, those were relationship-end tears. I don’t think either of them told the whole story for fear of the legal consequences. I realize someone saw something back at Moonflower, but I just can’t help but feel we are missing something. I know she was afraid of being left- did maybe she actually catch him trying to leave? Had he left her before? That to me would justify that kind of reaction. It looks like she has serious fears of being abandoned. That comes from somewhere.

Seriously, this kid is dumber than a box of rocks when picking a place in nature to hide. He is most definitely at risk - mother nature is cruel. He's lived here for years. Has he never heard of Rothenbach Park, Blind Pass Beach, South Lido Beach Park???? You might run into the random fat iguana, snakes and mosquitoes but not usually panthers, bears, and not likely many gators. Don't swim at dusk so you're not shark bait. He could have taken a county bus for a few bucks and hid out for quite some time. In the daylight there's bathrooms, grills, etc. He would blend right in with the homeless population.
THIS!!!

Just playing devil's advocate here, because I think it's unlikely, but it could be that BLs parents are just as in the dark about what happened as we all are. He could have showed up unexpectedly in their driveway sans Gabby and retreated to his room and wouldn't communicate with them or made just vague, incoherent but ominous ramblings. Like everyone else they suspected the worst and called their old lawyer friend in LI who dealt directly with BL and told both BL and the parents that, for the everyone's protection, BL should not discuss any of what happened with the parents and the best way the parents could help BL would be to not ask.
I actually considered that an option in the beginning.
He arrived suddenly at home and didn't talk, or told his parents that she abandoned him ?

And parents will protect their children.
But good, decent parents will answer the phone calls from the young ladies' parents .
Gabby lived with them for two years and was engaged to marry their son.
This was not a new girlfriend of a few weeks. They knew her well.
Someone said in the first thread if I can find it, that the pair were in the same high school together.
They go back many years ?
All of this to say that it's unfathomable to not insist that your adult child - who lives with you -- should cooperate with LE.
Because that what it looks like right now.
Not cooperating.
Imo.

Last edited:
I found something interesting to add to this, so as we know from the police conference this morning about BL being missing.

BL went to park this week (allegedly)

His parents picked his mustang up from the park Tuesday was mentioned.

Picture 1 and 2 - 4-5 days ago truck is clean.. where is the mustang?
Picture 3 and 4 - Tuesday (no mustang)
Picture 5, 6 and 7 - Wednesday (mustang is back)

@oviedo

You were looking for this info. This post has pictures attached.

If the story is true about flying back to move their belongings in or out of the house, it's kind of strange to me that it took six days. I would think that if I were interrupting a vacation to do such a tedious chore, I'd spend no more than two days doing it and get back as quickly as possible.

Yeah, I've wondered about that.

I mean, six days is just about enough time for him to have driven to Florida and back to Utah.

Hmm. GP was staying in a hotel, we don't know where the van was--maybe he did drive? It's 35-ish hours driving time from Salt Lake City to North Port. If the 17th-23rd dates are correct, he'd have had two days on the road, a day or two to do the moving, two days to drive back, depending on when he left. Tough but doable.

since BL was trying to get to the van on the 29th.... your guess is spot on...sometime the PM night of the 29th to the 30th... the van on the 25th at Jenny Lake make me feel she was there or north of there after the 25th to the 29th. if he had the back country permit its appeared they could have parked overnight at Jenny lake parking lot also. So between Jenny Lake and Spread creek should be checked and up to colter Bay... how far could they venture on foot together?
Is there evidence they had a backcountry permit? (The threads moved kinda fast, so I might have missed it.) You get backcountry permits from a ranger. They only issue so many, and you have to have identifying info, where you plan to go, etc. There would be a HUGE evidence trail, with dates and everything.
But, I'm altogether puzzled if they got such a permit. They really don't seem to be the "overnight in the wilderness" types. And they'd have to have had sleeping bags? Is there any evidence they had a habit of even hiking? Maybe they did some selfies at key locations, but their "backcountry" experience seems more like "car camping" at regulated dispersed camping sites.
And I can't wrap my head around the money. They seemed to spend some nights at hotels? This would eat up funds very quickly. If you're clever, you can often find places to plug in quarters and get yourself a shower and not need a hotel/motel/hostel to get clean. You've got to be very lucky to find a National Park that has showers (sigh), but it's not impossible to scrub up at your campsite or boil some hot water at a picnic table, or some sort of public shower....

Last edited:
The threads are moving so fast so I know it has probably already been discussed. IMO BL never came back to Florida he called his parents or other relatives from somewhere else could have been anywhere between Wyoming and Florida to pick up van. Now if BL did come back to F

GABRIELLE PETITO — FBI
8063843C-757D-4AFF-BC82-4CF71BA16E5F.png

GABRIELLE PETITO
August 2021
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

B08F4A5D-8ACE-4BC5-8259-AAF4F70CA28D.jpeg

Date(s) of Birth Used March 19, 1999
Place of Birth Long Island, New York
Hair Blonde (long)
Eyes Blue
Height 5'5"
Weight 110 pounds
Sex Female
Race White
Nationality American
Scars and Marks Petito has visible tattoos on her hand and forearm.
Remarks:
Petito has ties to North Port, Florida, and Suffolk County, New York.

Details:
The FBI, in coordination with the National Park Service, the Teton County Sheriff’s Office, the Jackson Police Department, and other state, and local law enforcement agencies across the country, are investigating the disappearance of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito.

Ms. Petito, 22, was last known to be in the area of Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August 2021 and was reported missing on September 11, 2021. She was on a cross-country road trip with her boyfriend visiting national parks in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. She and her boyfriend were driving a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a variety of stickers on the back. The van is registered to Ms. Petito with Florida plate QFTG03.
A7EE9B2A-0E8E-49F9-A07A-60539ACB2CAE.png D5BDE478-42D1-4D59-B05A-70881B8ECC2F.jpeg 1EECE03C-F041-4CB8-AF90-BDF944D90B65.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98