Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^bbm

I disagree that DV charges would have been against GP. A full read of the incident report beginning with why a witness contacted PD provides that the witness saw BL grabbing GP's face in an attempt to prevent her from entering the van after BL wanted her to take a walk by herself. BL also admitted to trying to lock her out of the van before she managed to crawl inside through an open window!

It was after the 2nd officer followed and apprehended the vehicle that he asked BL about visible scratches on BL's arm (which BL didn't notice). BL stated they were probably from GP when she was trying to grab the wheel. GP told Officer she was hitting BL trying to get his attention to stop, not to hurt him (i.e., stop for the police following the van with lights flashing).
The report said "in lieu of making a case against Gabby for domestic assault." The officers at the scene observed physical scratches or marks on Brian so it probably would've been charges to her, if anyone.

If he locked her out of the van once, he could have locked her out of the van again and left her (if not something more nefarious happening).

I can't think of a single place where tourists would be, that she wouldn't be able to flag down help. The. entire region has millions of visitors. Every single road that can be traveled is traveled, daily, every bit of trailhead parking is usually packed.

If it's true that Gabby was at GTNP on August 25 and they were heading north after that, there would be some forest roads off the main road - but all of those roads are regularly patrolled, especially right now (fire danger).

Locking someone out of their home/van is nefarious enough, but yes, something much more nefarious could have happened. And the van may tell part of that story.

If he was angry that GP got the van that night and he was the one taken elsewhere, could he have gone back to GP on the 13th, taken the van, left GP at the campground with the tent and gone to sleep in the van on the other side of town?

Do police officers really say: ‘any statement you make will be used against you,’ or do they say: ‘any statement you make MAY be used against you?’

Yes. It's part of the Miranda rights that are read to a person when they're being arrested. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." It might not always be spoken exactly like this, but it will always be pretty similar.

Just catching up here ...

Unless you have a link, I haven't seen reference to "later that night". Woody's is open until 2:00 am, so last seen August 13 could have been the night of Thursday August 12 into the morning hours of Friday August 13.

JMO

The person you're responding to is, I think, continuing to try to link GB's disappearance to the murder of two women (last seen at 8:30 pm in a bar in downtown Moab, before departing in a silver SUV to drive to their established campsite, some 15-16 miles away).

No one has placed either Gabby or BL at the bar. Instead, we have Gabby in the van and LE giving a hotel room (via Safe Haven) to BL - no mention of BL going to a bar (that's entirely speculation of people on this thread).

AFAIK. If someone has MSM or GM/BL SM to show BL at that same bar...I would appreciate it being mentioned again.

I could not agree more. If she was willing to launch herself over him to get into the passenger seat, she was very afraid of being left. I wonder if that was a frequent coping tool of his when they argued.

IMO.
I am very behind in this thread (and a new member), but I would like to note from some moderate level of experience with a loved one having a mental health episode/break: the idea of being "left behind" or "locked out" (during a "break" had) is a crippling and forefront fear. Whether it was a realistic fear, or otherwise. Whether it's being locked out of your car by your partner, forgetting the key to your house and having to bang on the door to get in, whatever situation imaginable.

It's not at all inconceivable for that to be the case here, whether Brian had left her stranded before or not. Mania (my own word, as I realize the LE report may have misused it), from what I have seen, weaves in and out of reality. I have no doubt there is a good deal of "well founded" concern for being locked out if you're GP, but I do want to point out it may not always be the case. I would doubt it's a regular coping tool for BL, but I would not be in the least bit surprised if it was a shield he chose for himself if he felt she could not be reasoned with or come down reasonably. That does not make it less idiotic, selfish or criminal though (if it was to even to be the case*.) Simply conjecturing.

Darn, who needs to be brought in to get BL to talk? A old High School coach, his favorite celebrity, a friend from Middle School, who? This is a mess. Meanwhile we have a potentially very vulnerable 22 year old woman who has been left stranded somewhere or worse. This is way beyond young people problems. How terrible, all of it. IMO

That would make sense. He ran home, but then someone convinced him to return and tie up loose ends?
Maybe she begged him to.come back!

Iv.lived thru this exact same thing the last 3 years.of.my sons life!!
He andnhis.wife.lived.this same existance!
Toxic relationship!
She was arrested.for DV!!
Later.my son wanted out of the.relationship. everytime.she threatened would.harm.herself if he left he went back!
Then she got arrested.again for.fighting and tried to kill herself!
We had her baker acted.and got.my son out of there!
What happened to this beautiful.couple!
It was a nightmare! To.look.at them they were.beautiful!
I think spending.24 hours.a day together all year lomg.is.very unhealthy. Nothing g to even talk.about!
No one to.miss!
Sad!
I'm on the fence here!
Only because what.i.reading here i.lived already!
Sad!

Its NOT always the guy peeps!
I've just.lived thru this.exact same thing .with my.son!
It did not end well either!

Things are not.always as.they seem!
I'm on the fence here.till I hear more!
My son went through a similar situation. It happens when the guy tries to keep the girls from slapping them, etc. They grab their arms most of the time. Sometimes if they are small or tiny that could leave bruises on their arms because they are holding them keeping them from hitting.

I feel so bad for her desperate family. He's not talking and he's not going to help - they are on their own looking for their missing daughter. Hopefully her phone was on her parents account and they can get the cell phone records asap. And thank goodness that van was in her name and not his.

Do police officers really say: ‘any statement you make will be used against you,’ or do they say: ‘any statement you make MAY be used against you?’

Here is what is usually read:

• You have the right to remain silent.
  • Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
  • You have the right to an attorney.
  • If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.

I am holding out that his legal counsel is arranging cooperation with LE/confession and this is not just protecting him but I have my doubts.

Particularly difficult when the lawyer is in NY and BL as far as we know is still in FL.
You would want to see a good criminal defense lawyer in person. Not confess to your generalist
lawyer miles away over the phone.

Darn, who needs to be brought in to get BL to talk? A old High School coach, his favorite celebrity, a friend from Middle School, who? This is a mess. Meanwhile we have a potentially very vulnerable 22 year old woman who has been left stranded somewhere or worse. This is way beyond young people problems. How terrible, all of it. IMO
My opinion is that BL thinks if there's no body there's no proof of crime. He may find that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member