Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that black item on the ground is an FBI agent or LE. The helicoptor was flying around and from another angle there was a man in a black jacket crouched over something on the ground for a long period of time, seemingly examining it. Here is another angle of that black object (I think) which in this photo is more clearly a kneeling man looking at something.

Yeah, that's what I thought it possibly could be too. But I don't think whatever that shade of orange is is FBI/LE. I think it's whatever he's looking at/examining up close. I suspect it's Gabby wearing that orange shirt I posted a pic of upthread.

BL came home. Gabby's parents of course tried to make contact. LE began knocking. Finding her body was inevitable, given how out in the open it was. He went to the swamp. His parents expected him back. He didn't return. Maybe they noticed a gun missing. They looked for him themselves, then called LE.

BL isn't hanging out in a 75% drowned swamp area, for a week, alone, drenched, bitten up, hungry, waiting for LE to come find him. Because why? To have a shoot out? He went there to kill himself, to have a last bit of control. He's nothing special, not a mastermind or an escape artist, not even a thinker or a doer. Ditto his parents, whose idea of helping him was to pretend nothing happened & to hire an out of state dui attorney.

I really hope LE finds his backpack at least, for the sake of Gabby's family. Otherwise, given what I see here & elsewhere, there is a 100% chance people will keep on looking for him, reporting they see him, and believing he eluded justice, that he got clean away with killing Gabby. That would be both sad and wrong, imo.

Yes! If that isn't the pack from the trail cam picture...it's an incredible coincidence. Then again, my colorblindness may be making me look rather foolish...
I played around with paint (my very rudimentary copy and pasting skills) for some comparison.

The backpack was the first thing that caught my eye when I saw the trail cam picture early this morning.

Attachments

• 2021-09-21 3.png
    2021-09-21 3.png
    470.7 KB · Views: 166
Yes they're in Alabama, but that doesn't help much unless you look at a map.
Please tell me you can access Google maps in the UK. hehe!
But the point I'm making is you probably want to see where those towns are in reference to North Port, FL.

I looked at the Flight Tracker app & there are a surprising number of choppers in the air.
But they are all Army -- no police -- and Fort Rucker Army base is right there.
So they're doing training exercises.

Thank you, Laurie, yes we have Google maps in 'ye olde England'!

It seems the helicopters were a false alarm then if they're Army choppers on training exercises.

Thanks!

So very true! And in one shot, it looked like there was a huge skateboard in the back. It may have been in the messy shot taken when the police were with them. Why on earth would someone take a skateboard on a hiking trip to national parks where the terrain is dirt, sand, rock? Not relevant to what happened, I'm sure, but struck me as odd.

they are living in the van and visiting towns as well. They park in Walmart's as well as national parks. There is plenty of opportunities to skateboard. <modsnip - no link>

This is a really hinky/suspect part of the story if only because it is so unclear and makes zero sense as first related. Who would FLY to FL during a PLANNED trip to move stuff into or out of storage? If that was an issue you'd do it before you left. IMO there's got to be more to this story.

Don't know that we'll ever be told but it's really hinky. And what did Gabby tell her parents about that time period? Seems they knew she was in a hotel-they likely were paying for it-my son is a 23 yr old engineer and he still uses my credit card at times-these kids didn't seem to have a lot of independent resources. She stayed at a "name brand" airport hotel so not the cheapest, especially this year.

What was that interlude about really? Gabby couldn't have told her parents anything too bad, probably nothing bad at all. Maybe she made up an excuse or he did and she parroted it? The trip itself is baffling. But due to proximity to her death it may be relevant.

I agree. Something is very off about the supposed cross-country trip back to empty a storage unit.

My boyfriend and I have a storage unit in the city we went to college in which still has our stuff in it because we were forced out of college housing in April 2020 due to COVID. A few weeks ago, the storage facility called me to tell me the unit was damaged by a fire and even then we didn’t need to travel all the way there just to move/empty the unit (the staff there did it for us, thankfully). Point being, I can’t think of a valid reason for Brian to fly back home in the middle of their trip just to deal with a storage unit, especially not when his parents could’ve handled it for him.

We haven't heard that BL had real ID (I'd be surprised if he did). But if he did, I would think there would be border alerts in place right now. You still have to apply for a passport card if you want to go by land into Mexico ($65) and use your Real ID. This is done in advance, otherwise, you're directed to the line where people sit and wait for verification. If. you have a Real ID, getting the passport card should be easy, however by itself, it's not enough to get you into the fast lane at the border. For that, you need to pay an additional $30 and have an Enhanced Driver's License:

THESE are the differences between a Real ID and an Enhanced ID [2021]

Ready Lanes

I believe these rules work in both directions. No real ID needed if one claims they are only going shopping across the border (which thousands do every day, and then ignore the rule).

Yes, and I paid extra in NY for the enhanced ID. I would imagine that coming from Long Island, BL would have a NY driver’s license. A Real ID was supposed to be mandated by Oct 2020, but was postponed due to Covid. When the DMV opened again I figured I might as well get the Enhanced. If, big if, BL also decided to get the enhanced he could use that to get to Mexico. But I also agree that there would be a BOLO for him at the border now.

So very true! And in one shot, it looked like there was a huge skateboard in the back. It may have been in the messy shot taken when the police were with them. Why on earth would someone take a skateboard on a hiking trip to national parks where the terrain is dirt, sand, rock? Not relevant to what happened, I'm sure, but struck me as odd.

I think it was a longboard. They went to places around cities, I saw they were in Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Lots of people longboard there or basically anywhere with a road.

As information, but possibly meaningless at this point... On this overlay, there seems to have been two, or possibly three, areas that I'm guessing attracted attention for the sheriff... since the heli slowed to a near hover and descended considerably. Maybe someone familiar with the area may know what those specific areas are like(?).

I tried to use Flight Radar 24-not really my forte but this helicopter is the most tracked flight right now!

screenshot-www.flightradar24.com-2021.09.21-16_42_37.png

Quite a few red flags were blazing and the numerous LE ignored them. JMO

They actually did notice them and the park ranger spoke to her about it. They may have seen it before --both the changing stories and self blame. I know a lot of people think LE dropped the ball but they spent an hour and a half with them and from the written report looked like they had done quite a bit. Arches park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship with Brian Laundrie seemed ‘toxic’

https://twitter.com/tiffanyalaniz/status/1440416212228313088?s=21

BREAKING: Petito family's lawyer confirms body found in Wyoming has been identified as Gabby Petito.
No info released yet on cause of death.
#GabbyPetito #RIPGabby #BrianLaundrie
insider.com/gabby-petito-b…
I'm going to answer my own question posted earlier, about whether she was found near the location where her van was spotted and videoed by a couple driving through the park. There's a youtube talk show by a former NYC detective, who brought a former prosecutor and a former cop onto his show to discuss this case. In the beginning, they address the question of her location. They say without a doubt, that couple contacting authorities with their info about where they saw the van enabled them to find her.

Then they go on to discuss legal questions: is there cause to charge Brian with anything (if he's found) or not, and why or why not. Also, they discuss good reasons why he shouldn't be arrested yet. LE needs to make a case for why they think he did it, and suspicious behavior isn't enough. They go into some interesting detail.

My humble opinion is that when a young male (or female) breaks up or gets dumped, they want to comiserate with their friends. No one in Florida has said "My friend Brian came home and we went for beers and he complained about her etc.". I understand that he recently moved there and maybe had not made any friends there. But no one from New York where he recently moved from said the same. Nor did any friend come forward and say he called them. So why didn't he go see a friend in any state nor call a friend to talk it out?
He went home to mommy and daddy. I believe young adults go home and talk to mom and dad when there is a SERIOUS problem. I think it was an "Oh $h*t what have I done. I need help. I better go home and get my parents to help me. Just my opinion.

RE the messy van shown in the bodycam:

Didn't Brian tell the Moab officers that he had been moving her food around and that she might be mad about that? Looks like he may have been moving it using a few overhand throws. (forcefully, disrespectfully, and messy) That would upset me, too!

For reference...the rooftop cargo bag (IMO) as seen in this part of their YouTube video.

shopping

Attachments

• cargo bag.jpg
    cargo bag.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online