Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida would not even process missing persons report for Gabby. Had to be filed in NY. Publicity and public pressure is what’s shaming LE to move
Oh, for sure. As I've said, I see a fair share of mis-steps, tarnished images, embarrassment, and a 'fear" that (possibly unintentional) flubs will not aid the people's case.

IMO, the FBI is not going to release a lot of these details right now. They are trying to locate BL and none of that is going to help find him. They are under no obligation at this point.
What happens if BL is dead and there is no trial? Does the FBI release a little bit of the info they have and then box up the rest to molder in an evidence room somewhere (I know it's not going to molder). Is there some legal requirement for them to release everything?

Last edited:
The above post states "It's illegal to provide comfort or assistance to someone who has committed a crime."

Not really true, I don't think. I think the illegal part comes into play re: the knowing a crime has been committed by the person part. So it's a matter of what BL's parents knew.

I'm also not absolutely sure how this particular statute will apply unless BL is found, tried, and convicted. No one can absolutely know he committed the crime unless there is a trial.
JMO
The parents will be officially questioned if and when BL is charged. But they can take the 5th to anything that puts them in trouble. The lawyer might know but that’s privileged. Only one who can say they were told BL committed s crime is BL and he can refuse to talk about case at all.

@BrianEntin

Just spoke with Moloney Funeral Home in NY. They say they are hoping to have services for Gabby Petito on Sunday. Because of some circumstances that have come up in Wyoming, services could be on hold. They will know more later today.

Oh boy, wondering if that means they can't release her body yet? Her poor family.

Why would the Moab PD be blamed? Neither party wanted to press charges smh. I guess there would be a whole lot of lawsuits then all across the country from people blaming cops for domestic violence escalation. I don’t think anyone would have figured she would have been murdered. There were two 911 calls, saying they were hitting each other.

What happens if BL is dead and there is no trial? Does the FBI release a little bit if the info they have and then box up the rest to molder in an evidence room somewhere (I know it's not going to molder) Us there some legal requirement for them to release everything?

i think GP’s family will file a civil suit. Some stuff might come out then. They will likely sue anyways once things more settled

I agree. You don't park your car at the entrance of a fairly small preserve and then hide there if you are try to evade authorities. Carlton Reserve is 25,000 acres. That's 39 sq miles - or roughly 5 miles x 8 miles. When dry, you can hike that end to end in less than a day. It's not big enough for a person to "disappear". IMO that was a clever ruse.

Hopefully, the FBI is using video cam recordings to backtrack the movement of that camper. Locate where the camper went and they'll find BL.

This is what I had wanted to know... for the benefit of those of us who aren't local, is the entire preserve passable, for want of perhaps a better word? or can you go off-piste into the swamp if you want?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gabby’s father attempts legal action against the Moab PD.
I don't believe there is anything they could have said or done that would have caused them to break up/go their separate ways at that point. No matter who was arrested, they would have been released the next day and gone on their merry way, with the added annoyance of the paperwork to waive the no-contact, etc. It may have even escalated things. Who knows??
All IMO MOO.

The manner of death is homicide. It is the "cause of death" that is still pending.

Also, has it been confirmed that Gabby's phone was turned off for the last time on September 1st? Her mother said at some point her text messages ceased to go through to Gabby's phone, but I don't recall her stating the day.

I haven't been able to find anything official about the last ping from Gabby's phone. I have looked.

Thursday search for Brian Laundrie in the Carlton beginning.
https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1441027319544623105

The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Underwater Recovery team was called in to assist Wednesday but North Port Police have reported no sightings of Landrie. The FBI, who is leading the investigation, has released even less information about the case.

There have been numerous reports of sightings but those are just rumors, North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor has said.
Search in Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie enters fifth day

Just curious. Saw some speculation yesterday that what we see as a strong effort to find BL in the preserve is LE also getting a chance for real life training on this sort of search. To that end, now that this is a Federal investigation do all these local and state agencies get to submit to the FBI for reimbursement of costs since they are under their direction? Just thinking they might just be on a zero cost (to the locals at least) training exercise at this point. Is that why they stopped on Monday and picked back up on Tuesday - FBI authorized the effort?

I am now pretty much believing BL went camping somewhere with his parents and didn't come back.

I am going to ask what may amount to be two dumb questions right now, and one is a 'what if' scenario:

If the autopsy is complete and the Coroner has determined very close to approximately what date Gabby passed, then couldn't LE issue an Arrest Warrant for BL based on the fact that he, at the very minimum, misdirected the investigation by sending text messages from her phone to people after she died?

Although they cannot yet prove he is the one who sent the messages, what if their cell phones pinged together at the same time in the same place multiple times after the date she was determined to be deceased, it would, at the very least, indicate that he was likely in possession of her cell phone and that he tried to impersonate her by using her phone.

I realize that this scenario involves him not having the presence of mind to shut off his own phone during his drive back to Florida. (I don't believe he could resist not checking his own phone for several days.)

In Christina Morris's murder trial, some of the evidence presented was cell phone records that showed the pinging of Christina and her abductor's (EA) cell phones were close together for a few hours after she was last seen with him on surveillance tape. (He was the last person who had been seen with her and claimed he left her close to her car in a parking garage.)

Also, second question is could LE currently have an Arrest Warrant for him and just not be making it public ?

JMO

@steph_pagones
·
[URL='https://twitter.com/hashtag/BrianLaundrie?src=hashtag_click']#BrianLaundrie’s parents returned to their North Port home soon after WITH the silver Ford Mustang that investigators had taken for processing. Roberta Laundrie, who was driving the Mustang, then got back in the truck with her husband and they left. [/URL]

I’ve gotten questions regarding the registration for the Ford Mustang. North Port Police told Fox News Digital yesterday the vehicle is registered to #BrianLaundrie’s father

The manner of death is homicide. It is the "cause of death" that is still pending.

Also, has it been confirmed that Gabby's phone was turned off for the last time on September 1st? Her mother said at some point her text messages ceased to go through to Gabby's phone, but I don't recall her stating the day.

My time line confirms the first of September , and is based on various MSM.

That is consistent with that PRk Laudrie using the phone on his massive 3 500 km in approx 3 days dash back to FL (to confuse Gabby's mother that Gabby was still in Wyoming or at least still alive and healthy).

Once he was back in FL it was imperative it was off because if the Petitos hammered on the cops hard enough, the LE would get a tower dump done and then see it was somewhere in Northport FL and the Scheisse would hit the fan.

That's my reading of it. The timeline suggests it was switched off rather than faded off through lack of charge. Given it was probably a GPS phone (Apple) it will have been crushed and dumped to ensure even if found the memory is unusable. (Unless Laudrie has rocks in his head).

KG.

Last edited:
This is the Merry Piglets argument.
"Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town."
Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

The Bethune video

"The video, which was shared on social media by Jenn and Kyle Bethune, known on YouTube as "Red White & Bethune," was captured on August 27 at around 6 p.m. in Grand Teton National Park's Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area, Jenn Bethune told Insider."
Family travel vloggers share video they believe shows Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's van around time of her disappearance

So that's an approximately four-hour difference between the two sightings.

With these 2 very solid confirmations of the timeline of 27 Aug, and with knowing that Gabby was found only ~ 200ish yards from the van, I would like more than ever for LE to be able to talk to whoever owned those 2 other vehicles that can be seen on that same Bethune video. The red trailer was off to the left at approx 1:07 and a dark pick-up truck off to the left at about 1:12. Both of these vehicles appear on the left, like Gabby's van, and appear in the video prior to the Bethune's coming upon Gabby's van.

I wonder if the awesome video guy who slo-motioned to show the door closing could focus on those other 2 vehicles to see what might be seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13